MintPup (Trusty LTS)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
labbe5

Mintpup & security upgrades

#331 Post by labbe5 »

I use Mintpup as one of my two main distros (the other one being WattOS on my laptop) on a desktop without networking, and on a laptop, via a USB flash drive.

What i like about Mintpup, apart from its features and usability, is :
at this time, only security upgrades occur, unlike Xenialdog (16.04).

So once you have made a remaster, only a few security upgrades occur from time to time.

Since i use Firefox as a SFS module, i keep changing it each time there is a new version available, with plugins i like, sync made available.

When there is a new Firefox version available, i make sure to have a fresh install, make an update and upgrade, optionally do auto-remove some packages if needed.

Firefox is not part of the fresh install, but i install the new Firefox version in terminal, the old Firefox SFS module being deleted to be replaced by the new one.

Then i do a RemasterCow for Firefox, with security upgrade included.

This way, having a fresh install, i activate Firefox SFS module, being sure security upgrade is activated as well.

It is lean and clean.

My system never breaks, and it evolves security-wise, principally by way of upgrading Firefox and some other security-related packages.

Mintpup is so versatile, it is a pleasure to use.

Pelo

Firefox 54 downloaded with synaptic, istanbul too

#332 Post by Pelo »

MintPup installed on pendrive with Isobooter , added Puppy stretch (tuxxx version) and Dog Stretch
Firefox 54 downloaded with synaptic, istanbul too
Isobooter script

MintPup-jwm-icewm-hybrid-07.05.2016.iso My iso is dated 2015. Dowloading the new version.. for later installation.

darry19662018

#333 Post by darry19662018 »

Started using this as a daily runner it will run a reasonably current Browser and it is very quick.
Puppy Linux Wiki: [url]http://wikka.puppylinux.com/HomePage[/url]

[url]https://freemedia.neocities.org/[/url]

gabtech

Internet Dialer

#334 Post by gabtech »

I just bought a 3g modem and can not find a dialer for the modem. Any suggestions?