Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 05 Aug 2015, 00:39
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
[ solved ] No roxterm in Quirky 7.0?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
ccaaee

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2015, 21:30    Post subject:  [ solved ] No roxterm in Quirky 7.0?  

Over the past several years I've gotten used to using roxterm. Amongst other things, it was quite easy to configure and the zoom function (ctrl+, ctrl-) was very useful. It now seems impossible to install into Quirky April 7.0.4.1. If it is obsolete does anyone know of a suitable replacement, RXVT is a bit too basic.
Thanks
C

Last edited by ccaaee on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 12:52; edited 1 time in total
slavvo67

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2015, 21:55    Post subject:  

There were some libdbus dependencies missing. I have it working in the very same version. I didn't make a package of the dependencies, though I do have them. Give me a day and your RoxTerm should be working.

Very Happy
Semme

PostPosted: Thu 02 Jul 2015, 22:14    Post subject:  

Just say it >> RXVT flat out SUCKS! Why the devs insist on this noob unfriendly POS I may never understand..
slavvo67

PostPosted: Fri 03 Jul 2015, 14:49    Post subject:  

Hi ccaaee:

Please see the first 3 files on:

http://www.complianceman.com/puppy2

A few notes:

The 4th file from the top is actually the Roxterm that I am using in the 32 bit version of Barry's Quirky April. What you have might be fine but if it doesn't work with the 3 dependency packages that I included, you may need to delete your version of Roxterm and download the Roxterm on the link above.

A possible bonus to these files is that I think the first dependency link is also needed for PaleMoon browser for this Quirky April version, so the Palemoon Browser should work if you choose to download that pet and install.

Hi Semme:

I'm not a huge fan of RoxTerm but I do use it when I want to copy and paste, let's say a test script from a website to see if it will work. I do not use it as my default Terminal because I find that it's a little slower than urxvt (or it's in my mind) or whatever the default terminal is in most puppies.

As always, use the pets at your own risk. I haven't uploaded the MD5sums, yet.

Lastly, while Quirky April is newer, I find Quirky Unicorn to handle many more pets OOTB and perhaps be more stable as well. I highly recommend Barry's QU full install to USB.

Edit: ccaaee, if this is solved, please go to your first post and edit it by putting [ solved ] in the title of your first post. If you are still having an issue, please let me know. - Thanks.

Best,

Slavvo67
ccaaee

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jul 2015, 12:51    Post subject:  

Thanks a million slavvo67

It's up and running although when I ran it I got the message:

process 27900: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": No such file or directory
See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct this issue.

** (roxterm:27900): WARNING **: Failed to connect to session manager: SESSION_MANAGER environment variable not defined

I'm looking into dbus-uuidgen

Thanks Again
(Marked as solved)

C
slavvo67

PostPosted: Sat 04 Jul 2015, 14:53    Post subject:  

I am not sure what affect that will have. It seems to work ok but I'll try to look into that more.

Best,

Slavvo67
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: