Qt 5.4 and MuseScore 2.0.1

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
pa_mcclamrock

Qt 5.4 and MuseScore 2.0.1

#1 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

I want to be able to use MuseScore 2.0.1 (see http://www.musescore.org) on Puppy. It requires Qt 5.4 (or at least 5.3). I'm running vividpup beta 2. I'd like to have a Qt 5.4 SFS that I could then use in compiling MuseScore. Compiling Qt 5.4 from source is beyond me. Is there an Ubuntu or Slackware package for Qt 5.4 that could be turned into an SFS? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

capoverde

#2 Post by capoverde »

Hi,

tested MuseScore 2.01 Portable (Win$ version) in Puppy Precise 5.7.1 with Wine (wine-1.7.23-i486_v2.1.pet) half an hour ago: starts much faster than under Win$ (7 Pro) and also seems more responsive, sound OK, works like a charm on my Dell Latitude E6400.

IMHO it's the ideal solution, not only because a MuseScore package for Puppy would be about twice as large as Wine: you install Musescore 2 under Win$ then you can run it, as well as other Win$ programs, with either OS. 8)

pa_mcclamrock

#3 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

capoverde wrote: IMHO it's the ideal solution, not only because a MuseScore package for Puppy would be about twice as large as Wine: you install Musescore 2 under Win$ then you can run it, as well as other Win$ programs, with either OS. 8)
No, I can't, because I've only had Linux, not "Win$," on my home computers since 1999. :o But it sounds like it would be worth a try, although I haven't used Wine so far. I've downloaded the stable version of Wine, 1.6.2, from the Ubuntu repo (I'm running Vividpup beta 2). After I get MuseScore 2.0.1 for Windows, I guess I could create a "win" directory, or something, and install it in there. After that, would I just run, like, "wine /root/win/mscore"--or is there more to it than that? And how about the initial installation--would I run Wine on the self-installer, or what?
--Linus Torvalds

capoverde

#4 Post by capoverde »

There shouldn't be any problems, except maybe in the installation process: on my PC there's Win 7 Pro in a partition, so I've first downloaded MuseScore 2.0.1 Portable (MuseScorePortable_2.0.1.paf.exe) then installed it there under Win$. It opens up into a much larger directory, where you can then strip off all localized files you'll never use: the actual executable is just 175 KB but lots of other data are needed.

Most probably you can run the installer under Wine and have everything in place, but I haven't tested this; if you give it a try, I'll be very interested to know about it -- I also love Linux-only computers!
In the worst case, I could upload all the unzipped MuseScore Portable files somewhere (about 85 MB), for you and other Win-free musicians to test.

Once you have Wine installed, just clicking on the desired *.exe should have it running; there are other ways, but this is what I usually do...

pa_mcclamrock

#5 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

The installer worked under Wine, but MuseScore didn't.I got an error message saying MuseScore.exe encountered a serious problem and needs to close.
--Linus Torvalds

Geoffrey

#6 Post by Geoffrey »

I installed this in Carolina with the wine from the ppm, appears to be a goer.
I install it to /opt, here's my musescore.desktop

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=MuseScore
Comment=Music Notation
Icon=/opt/MuseScorePortable/App/AppInfo/appicon_32.png
Exec=wine start /Unix "/opt/MuseScorePortable/MuseScorePortable.exe"
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=false
Type=Application
Categories=Document
GenericName=MuseScore
NoDisplay=false
Attachments
musescore.jpg
(75.05 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

pa_mcclamrock

#7 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

I tried executing MuseScorePortable.exe with "wine start /Unix" instead of just "wine," but I got the same error message.
--Linus Torvalds

Geoffrey

#8 Post by Geoffrey »

pa_mcclamrock wrote:I tried executing MuseScorePortable.exe with "wine start /Unix" instead of just "wine," but I got the same error message.
I used wine 1.5.28, I don't know much about wine and what's required, try opening a terminal in the MuseScorePortable directory and run "wine cmd", then run the MuseScorePortable.exe that may give you more info.

Code: Select all

# wine cmd
Wine CMD Version 5.1.2600 (1.5.28)

Z:\opt\MuseScorePortable>MuseScorePortable.exe

Z:\opt\MuseScorePortable>fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8391f141) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x82766301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x82383301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x82c6b301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x82a36301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x82b8d301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8745b8d9) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8744d411) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x829f4301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81686301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x83924621) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8154ee09) stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81247fb1) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8130d301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81083301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81faa301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81d6b301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81a75301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81273d79) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8127fbb9) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81ae2301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81bbc301) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8127a4d1) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x81269709) stub
fixme:font:RemoveFontMemResourceEx (0x8f2aa6e1) stub

[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

666philb

#9 Post by 666philb »

hi pa_mcclamrock,

i've managed to get musescore 2.0.0 running in vividpup but it needs proprietory graphic drivers.... what graphics card have you got?
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

chapchap70

#10 Post by chapchap70 »

There is a multiplatform installer that musescore has partnered with. See here..https://musescore.org/en/handbook/install-linux

The i686 (older computers) download works with Lupup 5.28.7 and Super lupu. It crashes when I try in Tarhpup 6.03. (Don't think it is a 64 bit pup but not sure) Did nothing when trying in Slacko 5.7 I'll try some others and post back.

(Added) Crashes with Quirky 6.21 a few seconds after opening; Tarhpup does nothing. Also does nothing after clicking on the 32 bit executable with Carolina 1.3, Dpup wheezy, Precise 5.7.1, and Slacko 5.7. I tested the 64 bit download with FatDog 621 and 700 and neither worked.

Before trying this out, if I had to pick one for this to work on, Lupu 5.28 (because of the old kernel) would not have been my choice. That and Super Lupu are the only ones where this image installer works. (Those were the 2 Lupus I tried; I would assume the added LibreOffice, etc. would not make a difference.) It doesn't make sense to me.
Attachments
ms2.03.png
(235.42 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

chapchap70

#11 Post by chapchap70 »

I am thinking that the AppImage program looks for dependencies in a different location than the other puppies have them in.

If you want to follow, I have a thread here.. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=89030