Puppy Studio

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
d'allen

#81 Post by d'allen »

Hey MHHP...thanks for the link. So that was all done on Puppy, great! I look forward to working with it. Did the project come together without many problems or ?. Do you know of any particular tutorials/guides that helped you learn the software?

d'allen

I lived in Stockholm several years. The swedish brought back good memories :D

nancy reagan

#82 Post by nancy reagan »

ciento wrote:
If the owner of this website wants to delete threads and posts, thats his business, but some people believe some things, and that in particular, to be empirically wrong, and will find other places to invest their time.
And when I copied a lot of the pages, which I was freely granted to redistribute, I still have that right after somebody "called names" to the owner of the site, who subsequently removed the site.

Then he could at least have said you may redistribute as long as I like you. Should one day get the thunder in my head then you must give it back.

eztuxer

#83 Post by eztuxer »

What a damn prick teaser.

He's advertising his pupplet, puts out a release candidate, gets feedback, fixes some bugs, and then RELEASES his final version.

To release something is to set it free, to relinquish it no strings attached.

He get's his groupies all fired up, and pulls the plug before they have a chance to reach the climax.

Yes, PRICK TEASER, and I ain't gay, and don't see what's gay about pupitup.
Maybe it's gay as in joyful ?
Pupitup (only gets a capital "P" as it starts a new phrase, by pure modesty, humility) was based on Fatpup, a Brazillian made pupplet, because it had some of the features I wanted, and the author was quite proud that his pupplet was good enough to be the base of another one.
That's just the way it goes.
What about the title "Studio" shouldn't Ubuntu sue lowlife ?
Come on gimmie a break ! Buzz off !
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

ciento

#84 Post by ciento »

d'allen wrote:Hey all... I just got a copy of PuppyStudio 3.3 and am looking forward to learning how to use it. Thanks to all who have contributed to its development (and after reading the forum - I really do mean all). Anyway, I am a musician wanting to get experience with digital recording. This seemed like a good way to go. Let me ask everyone: Is there any place I can listen to work that has been done on this distribution? Thanks!
Hi, It sounds exactly like it would if it were made with the
same instruments in 0sEX or windows. The advantage is speed, portability,
and cost savings, as some people can use older hardware longer, or in ways that compliment newer gear.
Linux supports a limited subset of hardware, so it is up to you to find and use that, if what you now have fails at a crucial task. So it can be MORE expensive for some unlucky owners, or if in a business, you have more money than time in the short term. But in using linux you can leave the world of the coddled and manipulated, and join those who thrive on educating themselves. (which is not a linux exclusive, but an option)

Some people need windows and 0sEX for various tasks, but the open source
coders are amazing and prolific, and readily take on a challenge. Much to our benefit.
Cheers

MinHundHettePerro

#85 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

d'allen wrote:Hey MHHP...thanks for the link <-- You're welcome. So that was all done on Puppy, great! <-- ?Qué?
I look forward to working with it. Did the project come together without many problems or ?. Do you know of any particular tutorials/guides that helped you learn the software? <-- which SW, the one I mentioned, or the one being discussed 'ere? As for Tut's 'n' guides - not really me cup o' tea!!

d'allen

I lived in Stockholm several years. The swedish brought back good memories :D <-- Kul, hurvarerå i sthlm? Å' när varerå? Va'ru nöjd mé vistelsen i sthlm, eller varför lämna' du detta underbara ställe?
[color=green]Celeron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, i82845, many ptns, modes 12, 13
Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 GB, nvidia quadro nvs 285[/color]
Slackos & 214X, ... and Q6xx
[color=darkred]Nämen, vaf....[/color] [color=green]ln -s /dev/null MHHP[/color]

nancy reagan

#86 Post by nancy reagan »

starhawk wrote:
In other words, your "justification" is as flimsy --and your greed as strong-- as the rest of them.
Your comments are as flimsy as his.

You have not come up with 1 argument.

Zen ?

tubeguy

Re: Credit

#87 Post by tubeguy »

puppyluvr wrote:call someone else a "douche"....
To be fair, I can be a douche at times. One of my many character defects.
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

ciento

#88 Post by ciento »

eztuxer wrote:What a damn prick teaser.

He's advertising his pupplet, puts out a release candidate, gets feedback, fixes some bugs, and then RELEASES his final version.

To release something is to set it free, to relinquish it no strings attached.

He get's his groupies all fired up, and pulls the plug before they have a chance to reach the climax.

Yes, PRICK TEASER, and I ain't gay, and don't see what's gay about pupitup.
Maybe it's gay as in joyful ?
Pupitup (only gets a capital "P" as it starts a new phrase, by pure modesty, humility) was based on Fatpup, a Brazillian made pupplet, because it had some of the features I wanted, and the author was quite proud that his pupplet was good enough to be the base of another one.
That's just the way it goes.
What about the title "Studio" shouldn't Ubuntu sue lowlife ?
Come on gimmie a break ! Buzz off !
Keep in mind that just after the 3.3 test version was found by some people,
that lowtech had a family medical emergency, during which people unknowingly availed themselves of a pre-release, meant for those who were testing things. A new thread was started without announcement, and things went downhill from there, and on a professional forum, it would have gone to PM, instead of the public course taken.

artifus

Re: Credit

#89 Post by artifus »

tubeguy wrote:
puppyluvr wrote:call someone else a "douche"....
To be fair, I can be a douche at times. One of my many character defects.
can't we all, tube guy? i kinda think that's a part of lowtech's problem, accepting (what may be perceived as being) personal faults. we are all guilty of such crimes, no? it's just a case of being man enough to admit it occasionally that can stop some of us from progressing...

puppyluvr

#90 Post by puppyluvr »

:D He-LOL-o,
Your 1000th post and thats what it ends up being...
Well, welcome douches, dicks, and even ecomoney....
Even I`m allowed...
8)

BTW, How do you delete a post, it says I "cannot"???
Sure would eliminate the occasional "oop`s, double post"
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

ciento

#91 Post by ciento »

nancy reagan wrote:
ciento wrote:
If the owner of this website wants to delete threads and posts, thats his business, but some people believe some things, and that in particular, to be empirically wrong, and will find other places to invest their time.
And when I copied a lot of the pages, which I was freely granted to redistribute, I still have that right after somebody "called names" to the owner of the site, who subsequently removed the site.

Then he could at least have said you may redistribute as long as I like you. Should one day get the thunder in my head then you must give it back.
I have not commented on further distribution of Puppy Studio 3.3.
The laws and ethics are there for those who wish to abide by them. If one can legally redistribute software, against an authors wishes, then ethics are the arbiter.

Cheers

d'allen

#92 Post by d'allen »

MHHP...

Stockholm was great! I came back to the USA to spend time with my family. That was a good thing since my father passed away recently. Perhaps I'll make it back to Sverige in the future some time. I still have many friends there. I lived in Södermalm and Lidingö. The music scene is very active and innovative. All in all, a great place to be.

d'allen

artifus

#93 Post by artifus »

ciento wrote:
nancy reagan wrote:
ciento wrote:

The laws and ethics are there for those who wish to abide by them. If one can legally redistribute software, against an authors wishes, then ethics are the arbiter.

Cheers
yeah, i've just discovered a cure for cancer but i'm not telling 'cos you upset me.

applied for a patent, tho - watch this space and have your cheque book handy.

tubeguy

#94 Post by tubeguy »

puppyluvr wrote::D He-LOL-o,
Your 1000th post and thats what it ends up being...
Awesome. I feel the synergy. The douchy, douchy synergy. :D
[b]Tahr Pup 6 on desktop, Lucid 3HD on lappie[/b]

eztuxer

#95 Post by eztuxer »

liberator007 wrote:Hello Puppians
John7987 wrote:This is l0wt3ch, behind seven proxies.

I'd appreciate it if nobody posted PuppyStudio3.3-rt....
John7987 wrote:...I object to Studio 3.3 being posted to this forum....
Caneri wrote:Tall order there,...
I totally agree old bean.

And because i agree, here is a link to PuppyStudio3.3-rt.iso
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22650016/PuppyStudio3.3-rt.iso

Free the puppy
liberator007
OMG ! The Caneri flew out of his cage...

Guess it's a free birdie now.

Watch all those who claim it belongs to it's rightful (of pride) owner dwnldin' the precious volatile...
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

ciento

#96 Post by ciento »

3.2 works fine. I hope to see a 3.4 someday. :)
Linux distros that work, are best left alone, unless you have a few
computers or extra drives, and are used to experimenting without risk.
Cheers

ciento

#97 Post by ciento »

d'allen wrote:Hey all... I just got a copy of PuppyStudio 3.3 and am looking forward to learning how to use it. Thanks to all who have contributed to its development (and after reading the forum - I really do mean all). Anyway, I am a musician wanting to get experience with digital recording. This seemed like a good way to go. Let me ask everyone: Is there any place I can listen to work that has been done on this distribution? Thanks!
I recently compared a near identical project using XP, Puppy Studio 3.2, and
another fast linux I have, and puppy was the winner. It is good luck to
also get to know an rpm based distro, Fedora CCRMA is a good audio project, with great realtime kernel support.

A basic debian/synaptic distro is also important. This way, new apps that
get limited release can be converted between .deb, and .rpm, with the alien command, and utilized in the other setups.
Cheers :)

ciento

#98 Post by ciento »

artifus wrote:
ciento wrote:
nancy reagan wrote: And when I copied a lot of the pages, which I was freely granted to redistribute, I still have that right after somebody "called names" to the owner of the site, who subsequently removed the site.

Cheers
yeah, i've just discovered a cure for cancer but i'm not telling 'cos you upset me.

applied for a patent, tho - watch this space and have your cheque book handy.
You have no track record for cures, while there is a track record of puppy studio releases. The peer review process, and access to medical journals is a
difficult gauntlet run, that has not always helped new cures gain acceptance.

So why all the fuss over 3.3, when 3.2 is in many cases, better than windows, and linux competitors?

artifus

#99 Post by artifus »

you miss my point entirely. wow! look at this thread grow! lowtech must be proud.

Dewbie

#100 Post by Dewbie »

starhawk wrote:
This is not community to me, but rather more "Lord of the Flies" meets modern American greed
Sharing is "greed"? Since when?

artifus wrote:
wow! look at this thread grow! lowtech must be proud
Obviously, he's increasing the demand for Puppy Studio by forbidding us from downloading it.
Maybe we're all being played.
Last edited by Dewbie on Mon 07 Mar 2011, 11:25, edited 2 times in total.