Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.1.10.3 SMP multicore optimized version

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
pemasu

#741 Post by pemasu »

Peebee. Thanks of the wl offer. I have possibly solution to include it to the base build without interfering with other broadcom drivers and without need to use extra disabling scripts. Rerwin has provided guideline to do that with your help in Lucid thread.

stu90

#742 Post by stu90 »

Hi Pemasu,
Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.1.10 SMP working well here - b43 wirless detected and loaded. 8)
one small thing, natgeo and nasa wallpaper getter / setter needs picscale for the preview window (.pet below)
Dpup Exprimo, version 5.X.3.1.10 on Wed 14 Mar 2012

Chip description:
5.0 VGA compatible controller
ATI Technologies Inc RS482 [Radeon Xpress 200M]
oem: ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: radeon

X.Org version: 1.7.7
dimensions: 1280x800 pixels (338x211 millimeters)
depth of root window: 24 planes
http://i.imgur.com/4Uf7B.jpg

thanks.
Attachments
picscale-0.1b.pet
(14 KiB) Downloaded 369 times

pemasu

#743 Post by pemasu »

Thank you stu90. Will be added.

Jim1911

#744 Post by Jim1911 »

Hi Pemasu,
Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.1.10 SMP working well on both my desktop and laptop.

Is there any specific software that you'd like feedback on?

Cheers,
Jim

pemasu

#745 Post by pemasu »

Jim1911. Nothing special. Mostly that hardware works and I try to fix the found non working stuff. I have now already several small missing or not fully working bugs found. Just use and test and if you find something missing or non working, post about it.

I have started the usability fixes and I will update the fixed build using same woof and kernel...so the fixed build will be easily created.

radky

#746 Post by radky »

Hi pemasu,

Please check your PM. Thanks. :)

pemasu

#747 Post by pemasu »

Radky. Found and will update accordingly. :D

jpeps

#748 Post by jpeps »

pemasu wrote: should be in /usr/local.....as far as I know.
Bugs using old savefile are ordinary stuff. I dont ever use old savefile.

/usr/local/petget probably was Shinobars version in previous build. But I do like Ziggy UI with PPM.

The end result can be somewhat weird.
Weird in the sense that the old PPM will no longer load. Is Shinobar's multi-language support not wanted? I wouldn't know, since I use English.

Maybe the savefile would be better not clobbering core scripts? The PPM shouldn't need local editing.

edit: re savefile; I keep an open remaster copy of the new SFS handy, so it's easy to copy over/compare changes without always having to start from scratch.

minesadorada

Exprimo/CUPS

#749 Post by minesadorada »

One for the bug list?

Operating System: Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.1.10
Desktop Window Manager: JWM vsvn-579
Desktop Start: xwin jwm

On both my desktop system and laptop, both new frugal installs:

CUPS printer wizard:
http://localhost:631/ Home page is fine
http://localhost:631/admin - "500 internal server error"

Browser is Mozilla.

Another minor bug?
I installed Google Chrome, but 'make Chrome default browser' had no effect.
so I fired up:
Setup/Setup Puppy/Default programs chooser

It gives me 2 Browser choices in the drop-down: Firefox or Flock
No sign of Google Chrome.

peebee

Broadcom STA wl driver pet for Exprimo 5.x.3.1.10

#750 Post by peebee »

Hi pemasu

[EDIT] 040612 - a new All-In-One pet available here now supports multiple kernels including k3.1.10-dpup [/EDIT]

Cheers
peebee
Last edited by peebee on Mon 04 Jun 2012, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#751 Post by pemasu »

CUPS printer wizard:
http://localhost:631/ Home page is fine
http://localhost:631/admin - "500 internal server error"
Preinstalled Firefox, from exprimo repo Google-chrome, Seamonkey and Chromiun all prints fine. I set my printer with Firefox and the setting worked as usual.

I am sure that browsers installed from debian repo might brake cups...it is due to changed permissions to the folders and files needed by cups.

If browser package which has meant to the other puplet brakes cups, I cant help much. You are on your own.
I installed Google Chrome, but 'make Chrome default browser' had no effect.
so I fired up:
Setup/Setup Puppy/Default programs chooser

It gives me 2 Browser choices in the drop-down: Firefox or Flock
No sign of Google Chrome.
Thanks....I go through /usr/bin/defaults-chooser script and add exprimo apps into it. Will be updated.

pemasu

#752 Post by pemasu »

Peebee. Thanks. I might test in base distro. Those were the scripts I also found....created by rerwin.
wl driver size is big...I know. But working wireless for laptops is fundamental thing.

pemasu

#753 Post by pemasu »

Is Shinobar's multi-language support not wanted? I wouldn't know, since I use English.
About language support. I use latest woof with all internationalization support that there is. Shinobar has /usr/share/doc/nls stuff for Firstrun....which woof moves to the devx sfs with all the other content of /usr/share/doc/nls. I can manually copy back the firstrun stuff before mksquashfs stage and restore it or add additional script to the 3builddistro to do it automatically. About PPM language support....well it works as woof builds it now...I havent done anything to inhibit language support. In fact...I dont even know how it works. I havent followed the whole development. It is as it is.
Only thing that I heavily remove with extra script in woof 3buildistro...is the extra documentation and folders in /usr/share/doc are heavily reduced. Application language support is so heavily reduced....but you can download application NLS packages from ibiblio repos, exprimo and dpup repos or from murga-forum.

pemasu

#754 Post by pemasu »

Seamonkey-2.8 has been uploaded to the exprimo repo and the older versions have been removed. I deleted my printer with it and then I installed it again. And it prints.

turbo

gtk theme for firefox

#755 Post by turbo »

I try to get the GTK themechanger thing to work but it never seems to save the changes. Firefox continues to have the dark gray "23oz" theme whenever I open it, after a reboot. I like to change to aurora but it never remembers it after a shutdown. Am I trying to change it in the wrong place? Thanks

pemasu

#756 Post by pemasu »

It seems the Aurora theme and also gtk engine for it has slipped from the latest builds. I wil include it.
About the changed gtk theme now remembered when reboot.

That is weird. The gtk theme changer just writes the choices to the file: /root/.gtkrc-2.0
And the output is this:

Code: Select all

# -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT
include "/usr/share/themes/Aurora/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

style "user-font" {
	font_name = "DejaVu Sans 12"
}

widget_class "*" style "user-font"

gtk-font-name="DejaVu Sans 12"

include "/root/.gtkrc.mine"

# -- THEME AUTO-WRITTEN DO NOT EDIT
It sounds like the default theme will be overwritten when you reboot. I dont much change themes, but I will test with latest build....which is Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.10.1....now under fingers. It has all the bugs fixed found so far. I will rebuild this one with Aurora theme and engine back to the build.

turbo

gtk theme changer

#757 Post by turbo »

Thanks pemasu, your work is appreciated. I have tried many of the pups, but I think this Exprimo is going to be with me awhile, I just like the way it works. Until now, Macpup has always been my favorite puppy, because of the 'eye-candy' of e17 I think. That, and it just works! Exprimo is just getting better and better. I'll try the new build , also, didn't see it last night.

jpeps

#758 Post by jpeps »

pemasu wrote:
Is Shinobar's multi-language support not wanted? I wouldn't know, since I use English.
About language support. I use latest woof with all internationalization support that there is. Shinobar has /usr/share/doc/nls stuff for Firstrun....which woof moves to the devx sfs with all the other content of /usr/share/doc/nls. I can manually copy back the firstrun stuff before mksquashfs stage and restore it or add additional script to the 3builddistro to do it automatically. About PPM language support....well it works as woof builds it now...I havent done anything to inhibit language support. In fact...I dont even know how it works. I havent followed the whole development. It is as it is.
Only thing that I heavily remove with extra script in woof 3buildistro...is the extra documentation and folders in /usr/share/doc are heavily reduced. Application language support is so heavily reduced....but you can download application NLS packages from ibiblio repos, exprimo and dpup repos or from murga-forum.
I see. BK added international support to the smaller script. Here's the changes before and after:

Code: Select all

16a17,20
> #120203 BK: internationalized.
> 
> export TEXTDOMAIN=petget___pkg_chooser.sh
> export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
20c24
< export LANG=C
---
> #export LANG=C
234c238
<  ALLCATEGORY='<radiobutton><label>ALL</label><action>/usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh ALL</action><action>refresh:TREE1</action></radiobutton>'
---
>  ALLCATEGORY="<radiobutton><label>$(gettext 'ALL')</label><action>/usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh ALL</action><action>refresh:TREE1</action></radiobutton>"
238c242
<  ALLCATEGORY='<radiobutton><label>ALL</label><action>/usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh ALL</action><action>refresh:TREE1</action></radiobutton>'
---
>  ALLCATEGORY="<radiobutton><label>$(gettext 'ALL')</label><action>/usr/local/petget/filterpkgs.sh ALL</action><action>refresh:TREE1</action></radiobutton>"
260c264
< [ "$UI" = "" ] && UI="Ziggy"
---
> [ "$UI" = "" ] && UI="Classic"

shinobar

chooselocale and timezone-set on console

#759 Post by shinobar »

pemasu wrote:The Firstrun screen is still there when you boot to the X. I noticed that there is no time zone choice when you boot with DISTRO_XORG_AUTO='no' at console state and I have to change my time zone asap...otherwise I get trouble when developing.
I think it no problem, but if you want to offer chooselocale and timezone-set on console...:

I recommended before to include /usr/lib/locale/en_US in the main sfs.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 792#606792
But now the rc.country is the one of the woof. You need to remove the entries under /usr/lib/locale if you want to offer chooselocale and timezone-set on console.

Also you are better to modify the delayedrun.
at 124 or so:
if [ "$DISTRO_XORG_AUTO" = "yes" ];then #see /etc/DISTRO_SPECS 111019
to:
if true; then
to make unconditional call of the quicksetup there.

Slacko-5.3.2.7 has its original delayedrun.
Last edited by shinobar on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 06:28, edited 1 time in total.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

shinobar

booting to black desktop

#760 Post by shinobar »

pemasu wrote:The booting is now: DISTRO_XORG_AUTO='no' which means no straight to X. Shinobar fixed the locale prompt when XORG_AUTO=yes but this decision is from feedback of booting to black desktop with this choice. There are several reports of wrong resolution and black screen in Saluki, Slacko and sometimes also with Dpup. Now people can change the graphics defaults.
I think XORG_AUTO='yes' no problem because you can boot up with 'puppy pfix=nox' in the case you got black desktop.
To make it easy, a graphical boot menu is effective.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61132
The 'Safe mode' boots up with 'pfix=ram,nox' option.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]