What USB Puppy version for Toshiba Satellite?

Booting, installing, newbie
mcewanw

Re: What USB Puppy version for Toshiba Satelllite ?

#41 Post by mcewanw »

ardvark wrote:From what I understand, 4.2 no longer works with Skype itself, hence my previous instructions to I.Christiani to upgrade to 4.3. Please see here. :wink:

Regards...
Hi ardvark, What you say is the case with the 'official' old 4.2, but the one from Toni and OscarTalks I provided the link to above has been specially patched so that it still works successfully with Skype. It doesn't need pulse audio, so sound should work too.

Toni, OscarTalks and others have put a lot of work into this because the pulse audio required by 4.3 has been causing a lot of problems for Puppy, and bloats its size.

Cheers, William
Last edited by mcewanw on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
github mcewanw

ardvark

Re: What USB Puppy version for Toshiba Satelllite ?

#42 Post by ardvark »

mcewanw wrote:What you say is the case with the 'official' old 4.2, but the one from Toni and OscarTalks I mention above has been specially patched so that it still works successfully with Skype.

Toni has put a lot of work into this because the pulse audio required by 4.3 has been causing a lot of problems for Puppy, and bloats its size.
Ah, thank you, glad to see this. :)

Perhaps this might make the difference for I.Christiani.

Regards...

I.Christiani

What USB Puppy version for Toshiba Satellite

#43 Post by I.Christiani »

I GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!! It is way above my head again.
I tried all the suggested solutions and nothing works better than my old one.I even downloaded DebianDog but could not get it connected to the internet.I give up.
Skype is working fine as long as I do not use the video call.So I can see the other person but they can't see me.But we can talk and the sound is prima.I just give up because it is very time consuming. If I don't want to loose the status in our home I better start spending less time at the computer.I have almost every thing I need on the Precise.(google- chrome,google earth,my email and Skype without video call possibility for the other person.)If I need more I will try to get it installed with info from the Puppy Linux Discussion side.
Ardvark.To put a new hard drive in this computer is so expensive.For that money I almost have a new one.Only I do not have that money ,so that is why I try to do it with Precise Linux.I love the concept and please keep up the good work.Thank you for every thing .
I will always keep a eye out for the videocall /sound solution.
Thanks again , you all are very helpful .We need on this planet a lot more of you good people.

ardvark

#44 Post by ardvark »

You're welcome, best wishes to you and your family. :)