Puppy Win32.exe installer for Xp, 2000

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
efiguy

Puppy Win32.exe installer for Xp, 2000

#41 Post by efiguy »

Hi,
I am impressed, the subject system was a w98 fat32 update to XP sp3 in late '07.
The installer and boot menu executed flawlessly, and Puppy and XP will boot as requested, However, C: disk space will not allow a "Save file" to be adequately created.
Saving is then moved to another drive (in win it is D) (fat32) root sdb1 and it is placed there on exiting. On subsequent reboots this drive is not found before the need of the information within the save file.
I.E. that xorg, network and left handed mouse information has to be repeated for each boot.

I am betting that there is a file that can be edited to start "sdb1" early in the boot process, hope that is case.

What an asset this is to the windows PC, - Congratulations is in order - even if it continues to require a boot setup.

(With Puppy gui operational, there was >150 meg of XP and old prog removal, subsequent reg cleaner and reg bak makes XP run like new. ya, know it could have been done with ram boot, but with fresh 431 server experience under the belt, those firewall tweaks can be incorporated for a reliable banking and surfing system,
Just Think what Might Happen, if the LIGHTHOUSE group picked up this Installer idea ;)

Happy Puppy user
jay

Aitch

#42 Post by Aitch »

efiguy/jay....I've just tried the puppy linux 525.exe, from another thread, and had the same save file problem

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=61404

suggest clearing a bit of space in C: as the save seems to need to be in the puppyxxx folder in C: to be persistent

@seeker, if you're still around

the link for
The tutorial for packaging your own Puppy as a Windows installable executable is online at http://macksplace.freehostia.com/w32-pu ... orial.html
isn't working....is it available anywhere else?

Aitch :)