TigerPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
dinky

#41 Post by dinky »

Hi Koder, thanks for the compliments. The test version of TigerPup 1.4 is in the test folder. You can also click here: http://www.curiouslegends.com.au/tigerp ... _4test.iso

Great ideas with all your addons, can you make a list for us? I'll try and make an sfs file for with them for an add-on. In 1.4 you can do it yourself, or download MU's sfs-combiner. And yes, I'm getting lots of sleep! Actually, I'm really busy with my theatre company, and am stealing minutes here and there to work on TigerPup. I like sleep....lol.

Meshica7

#42 Post by Meshica7 »

dinky wrote:Hi Meshica, glad you like it. My Documents is in /root/my-documents/
I added the following to the wbar file:

i: /usr/share/SuperGPLIcons/Reflective_Icons_Leopard/home48.png
c: /root/my-documents
t: Home

However,when I click the icon I get nothing.
:cry:
dinky wrote:Thunderbird isn't installed by default in TigerPup, you wil have to find it. Have you tried looking in the Petget manager, or in the Puppy Software Installer? Cheers.
I installed Thunderbird but i still can't find it in my directories."Which Thunderbird" command still returns nothing.Very strange :? .

As promised,here is my TigerPup screenshot. I am sure Prit1 will like this!
Keep up the great work and keep us all posted. :D
Thanx!

[url=http://juanrleon.tripod.com/]Juan[/url]
Teen Pup 2008,Wbar, OSX Icons."Teen Mac Pup"?
TigerPup on usb stick with modded Wbar & Mac4Lin Emerald theme
OS X Tiger on a Power Mac G3
System 7 on a Macintosh Plus (old skool baby!)

dinky

#43 Post by dinky »

Hi Juan, easily fixed. You've put the path in wbar, but you have to tell it what command to open it with. use "c: thunar /root/my-documents" to get you out of trouble.

Neat theme! So that's mac4lin emerald theme? Where do I get it? I'll post it up on my site under extras.

Weird about thunderbird. Go to Pfind (if it's not on wbar anymore, under menu go to file>pfind) and type in "thunderbird". What do you find? Otherwise, try reinstalling it. Also, where did you get the apple icon for on the menubar?
~dinky

Meshica7

#44 Post by Meshica7 »

Thanx! that did the trick for My Docs and Thunderbird.
The Mac4Lin theme is originally a brushed metal theme.I adjusted the colors in the manager and saved it.I found it at XFCE Look.The append to the file needs to be renamed .emerald in order for Emerald to import it. Don't know why it is not named so by default.There's a ton of cool themes available.
I got the Apple icon at XFCE Look as well.I have attached 2 versions.They are both scallable and work great in Wbar.
BTW; Wbar does not show automatically at start up.I always have to right click to get it to show up.Any ideas?
I appreciate your help :D .
Attachments
tuxandapple.png
(22.09 KiB) Downloaded 1302 times
apple.png
(17.84 KiB) Downloaded 1317 times
Thanx!

[url=http://juanrleon.tripod.com/]Juan[/url]
Teen Pup 2008,Wbar, OSX Icons."Teen Mac Pup"?
TigerPup on usb stick with modded Wbar & Mac4Lin Emerald theme
OS X Tiger on a Power Mac G3
System 7 on a Macintosh Plus (old skool baby!)

dinky

#45 Post by dinky »

Thanks for that. Wbar starts by defualt in TigerPup, the start command is in "/root/.xinitrc". I'm guessing you must have changed that? Anyway, try putting this towards the bottom of "/root/.xinitrc", just before the window manager starts. You can play around with the sleep times to suit your system, they are in seconds. Once you make the edit, save it, then restart x server (ctrl+alt+bckspce)

Open /root/.xinitrc:

Code: Select all

mousepad /root/.xinitrc
add your start line...something like this:

Code: Select all

(sleep 12s && wbar -config /root/.wbar -above-desk -bpress -balfa 0 -zoomf 1.75) &
Save and restart xserver. Good luck!

Koder

#46 Post by Koder »

Hi. Running New Beta and I jumped about 2 feet upon loading, as that Growl Sound appeared as if inside the Room.....Touche' Lobster. :roll:
Great new look...Icons and colors. The previous version's Save file worked like a Charm. :D

Thanks for all you do. :)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#47 Post by Lobster »

dinky wrote:The documentation is going to take ages if I'm doing it myself.
You need cubs:

OK this is the stub for cubs to frolick in . . .
http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/archives ... s/tigerpup

there is a problem adding images at the moment - so gonna report that . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

dinky

#48 Post by dinky »

You are wonderful Lobster! Have been editing the wiki tongiht! Will make a few changes, then post up the finished version... at least for now. Have added some recent screenshots, and decided to post TigerPup 1.4 soon as the next release. Everything is in beta now anyway, hopefully this will help sort out the bugs faster.

So, my download site now works like this: http://www.curiouslegends.com.au/tigerpup is the main download site, under which is are folders 'current' and 'test'. All current TigerPup's will be under 'current', and test releases under 'test'. Am not going to worry too much about test for now, that will be for later. Enjoy folks, the next release available shortly... oh yeah, and hang with me, there might be some more bugs that need to be sorted for a few weeks...

dinky

#49 Post by dinky »

Right. Just updated the wiki. Thanks Lobster! The wysiwyg editor there really sucks... If anyone is able to fix it up I'd be greateful. Was trying to simply centre the screenshots, they weren't happy... :evil:

Otherwise, if anyone would like to add their take on TigerPup to the comments in the wiki, have at it! Cheers!

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#50 Post by Lobster »

centered :)
but enough about me . . .

also centered the pics . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

Wilsonb

Puppy 4.1

#51 Post by Wilsonb »

Tiger Pup looks great..

Been patiently waiting for TigerPup with Puppy 4.1
any ideas on Eta?

Thanks so much for all of your great work guys!!!!!!!!

dinky

#52 Post by dinky »

Thanks Lobster! I hate html...lol. Will get the hang of it one of these days...

@Wilsonb:
TigerPup 4, based on Puppy 4, will be awhile. Be patient, it will come. Several things need to happen first:
1. I need to figure out how to build TigerPup from scratch, using unleashed
2. Compiz-Fusion needs to be ported to Puppy 4 (which as far as I know wasn't happened yet...
3. I need to rebuild everything from unleashed again in Puppy, 4, and port everything over.

So.... enjoy the beta version for now, and all the steps along the way! If you can figure out how to get Compiz-Fusion working in puppy 4, that would be a huge first step... cheers!
~dinky

dinky

#53 Post by dinky »

TigerPup 1.5 now out... stable bugfix version of 1.4... I hope...lol.

Enjoy!
~dinky

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#54 Post by Lobster »

OK dinky,

I am in 1.5
Have added Skype and XaraLx
All seems to be working OK . . .

Please change the petget icon - too 'orrible . . . :cry:
I also like the default settings - apart from the top icon bar which has a paper type effect :oops:

Anyway just some quick feedback ;)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)

dinky

#55 Post by dinky »

UPDATE: Problem in Version 1.5 with Pebble fixed. Enjoy!

@Lobster
Hi matey, note the update, there was a problem with Pebble, fixed now. I'm open to another icon for Petget, got any suggestions?

I'm going to keep posting updates as I finish for the moment. Basically it's what I'm using to troubleshoot it, and as long as I keep remastering anyway, I may as well post the iso's. Lol. Version numbers are a bit pointless at the moment...

Troll

#56 Post by Troll »

Hello,

I tried by 3 or 4 times to download the TigerPup using the link given on the official Puppy website page on TigerPup, but it always stops beetween 0 and 20mo, download never reaches the end... Is it really me ? I have a serious doubt...

Cur Dog

#57 Post by Cur Dog »

dinky, I am having a problem after pc goes into hibernation. I can move the mouse and when the desktop comes back I have no Wbar or analogclock. I am not sure if this is something to do with my setup or if it is truly a bug. I am currently using version 1.5 pre pebble fix.

Thanks,
Cur Dog

I also wanted to let you know that if I ctrl/alt/backspace and then type xwin, when desktop returns all is working again.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
(167.74 KiB) Downloaded 1090 times

dinky

#58 Post by dinky »

@Troll:
Try again matey, I was updating the packages last night, and you probably tried to download when they weren't there.

@Cur Dog:
Interesting. Sounds like a bug to do with hibernation. Both the analog clock and wbar are set to start up when you log into X, thus the reason you can kill X and log in with them there again. As to the hibernation, you've got me. Probably kills both of those processes to hibernate, then fails to start them up again... not to state the bleeding obvious. I'd suggest searching the forums, and let us know if you work out what's going on.
~dinky

nic2109

#59 Post by nic2109 »

Hello. I am running TigerPup 1.5 and it gives me an empty PETGET window. See screenshot.

What's gone wrong, and how can I fix it?
[color=darkblue][b][size=150]Nick[/size][/b][/color]

dinky

#60 Post by dinky »

Oooh... that's unfortunate... I think I must have stuffed up the remaster. I removed some files from /root/.packages, and must have stuffed up. I'll have a look tonight and post a fix. Might need to remaster it again...lol. Thanks for letting me know.
~dinky