Hate Windows Love Puppy

Promote Puppy !
Burn_IT

#41 Post by Burn_IT »

It is only trying to be helpful, not obstructive.
What it should say is that it does not recognise the current format (without the correct drivers).
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

perdido

#42 Post by perdido »

Burn_IT wrote:It is only trying to be helpful, not obstructive.
What it should say is that it does not recognise the current format (without the correct drivers).
I think it was very deliberate thumb in the eye to linux users.

Burn_IT

#43 Post by Burn_IT »

Why??

The format or not of a disk has absolutely nothing to do with any OS

It is true that different OSs tend to use different formats, but that is only by default. If the Linux partition was using a disk format that Windows had the drivers for it would not complain.

I would be quite happy to run my Windows systems using Ext? if there were decent recovery programs for those file systems, but when the comment tends to be "we don't need recovery because it never goes wrong", then I am definitely going to look elsewhere.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

perdido

#44 Post by perdido »

Burn_IT wrote:Why??

The format or not of a disk has absolutely nothing to do with any OS

It is true that different OSs tend to use different formats, but that is only by default. If the Linux partition was using a disk format that Windows had the drivers for it would not complain.

I would be quite happy to run my Windows systems using Ext? if there were decent recovery programs for those file systems, but when the comment tends to be "we don't need recovery because it never goes wrong", then I am definitely going to look elsewhere.
Oh come on now. When a popup comes on the screen making an alerting sound and the info window says "You need to format blah blah disk", and
makes it a one click done deal, that could very well be classified as something a virus would do. The reason ms did it that way was to get a user to
accidently kill a partition. Sneaky, devious, tricky. Morally wrong. Never stopped ms from doing it though, the guy that thought that one up probably got a bonus.

01101001b

#45 Post by 01101001b »

perdido wrote: I wonder how many millions of linux users have accidently formatted because of this microsoft trick. You know this could not be accidental on the part of microsoft.
Hi Perdido! In honor of the truth, none. Linux users are not that stupid. Wind*ws does not support natively Linux filesystems, so no surprise there. No need to be paranoid or hater just because. No offense intended.

Just my two cents :wink:

perdido

#46 Post by perdido »

01101001b wrote:
perdido wrote: I wonder how many millions of linux users have accidently formatted because of this microsoft trick.
You know this could not be accidental on the part of microsoft.
Hi Perdido! In honor of the truth, none. Linux users are not that stupid. Wind*ws does not support natively Linux filesystems, so no surprise there.
No need to be paranoid or hater just because. No offense intended.

Just my two cents :wink:
I should have worded it more directly ""I wonder how many millions of *windows* users have accidently formatted *a linux partition* because of this microsoft trick.
You know this could not be accidental on the part of microsoft.""

M$ is a member of the linux foundation and does not support linux partitions in its flagship product windows.That in itself says a lot.

The M$ CEO called linux a cancer.
No need to be paranoid or hater just because
The title of the thread is "Hate Windows Love Puppy"