XenialDog (Ubuntu 16.04 'Xenial Xerus' LTS, 32-bit)

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
fredx181

#381 Post by fredx181 »

Hi backi,

Just got home and read your message, didn't try your ISO yet but need to warn you.
Btway i did forget to remove .mozilla Folder (15 mbytes ).......and also forgot to delete my Puppy Linux Forum Login with my Password inserted .So when somebody uses the remastered Iso ,he would be automatically logged in as User backi .
If I were you I would remove it from dropbox directly !!! (anyway first remove the links and also change your password)

I did download already but you can trust me that I won't make abuse of it, but anyone with bad intensions can !!! Be careful with such things (or am I over-paranoia ??, think not)

Edit: Well maybe over-reacting, but anyway you should change your password first

Fred
Last edited by fredx181 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

belham2

#382 Post by belham2 »

backi wrote:Hi fred !

Here is the link to the remastered Iso with empty Folders included .
(gone into the ether wind....) :wink:

Btway i did forget to remove .mozilla Folder (15 mbytes ).......and also forgot to delete my Puppy Linux Forum Login with my Password inserted .So when somebody uses the remastered Iso ,he would be automatically logged in as User backi .
There is annoying thing with Thunar after installing E17 the Thumbnails are gone .
It looks ugly ...and make Files and Folders harder to find .
So i want to beg you please to do a new Remastered Iso .maybe better implemented Pcmanfm instead.... with Modul handling Menu options included . I dont know how to do that thing .
If you would do that Remaster ....don`t forget to delete my Password inserted in the Puppy Forum Log-in Box and delete also .mozilla .
But no need to hurry........better let`s do intensive testing first .

O.K fred !
[edit: removing link]
BACKI !!!!

Remove that from dropbox now!!

Doggone you, I am going to throw a brick from here and HIT you in the head :evil:

[EDIT: I just see you posted too, Fred. Thanks. But will you please tutor your pupil and make him stop causing me mini heart attacks? :roll:
Last edited by belham2 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#383 Post by backi »

removed
Last edited by backi on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#384 Post by backi »

Hi belham ..!
Remove the link from your last Post too........thanks for your advice.

backi

#385 Post by backi »

Hi fred !
there is still a link clickable on your Post above .Please delete it .

belham2

#386 Post by belham2 »

there is still a link clickable on your Post above .Please delete it .

Fred is on the Deep Dark Web right now, selling that valuable info to buy a new Porsche..... :twisted:

backi

#387 Post by backi »

Will re upload a new Remaster ......because there seems also something wrong with AptToSfs ...... but have to check it out first ......

Thanks Buddies :)

backi

#388 Post by backi »

Fred do you mean changing my Password for Puppy Forum or for DropBox ?

fredx181

#389 Post by fredx181 »

there is still a link clickable on your Post above .Please delete it .)
Removed the link there, but don't worry too much, I noticed the link leads to nowhere now (404)
The most important thing is that you changed your password, did you?
Belham wrote:Fred is on the Deep Dark Web right now, selling that valuable info to buy a new Porsche..... Twisted Evil
You... :lol:

Edit:
Fred do you mean changing my Password for Puppy Forum or for DropBox ?
That depends if your dropbox password is also remembered by Palemoon or Firefox (and thus included in ~/, moonchild.... or ~/.mozilla)
EDIT: if you don't remember, better be on the safe side and change both passwords.
Will re upload a new Remaster ......because there seems also something wrong with AptToSfs ...... but have to check it out first ......
Don't !!! Take a break :wink:

Fred
Last edited by fredx181 on Mon 06 Mar 2017, 19:42, edited 3 times in total.

backi

#390 Post by backi »

Hi Dr.Caligari also known as belham2 !
Your deep,dark Mind is spreading Misery,Fears and Nightmares to haunt my little World .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en1uwIzI3SE
Fred is on the Deep Dark Web right now, selling that valuable info to buy a new Porsche....
I hope he`s not selling his Soul to the Devil to buy him a brand new Porsche .

fredx181

#391 Post by fredx181 »

Hi backi, could you please edit/delete your post here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 398#946398

It looks like it's post from me under your name, or did you manage to hack my account ? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care!

EDIT: I know making promise to test your enlightened dog tonight, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, sorry.

Fred

backi

#392 Post by backi »

Yes you are right .......
By Accident (being myself somehow in Edit Modus ) I could delete and edit one of the links that you quoted on one of your Post ......clicked Edit Button (by Accident )at your Post and could edit your Post ...deleted my Links ........did wonder myself how this could be .....could manage to edit your Message ........how can this be .....this is not the first i encountered this Phenomen .
But forgot it ...and did not care .Strange ..
It looks like it's post from me under your name, or did you manage to hack my account

backi

#393 Post by backi »

Regarding somethings wrong with the Edit Funktion on the Forum .
Strange things happening ....
Tell you what i did :

Did a Response to Member oui on Deb Dog Deepin thread finished it....Did only one Post ....the short Answer ......then i feel somehow tempted to hit oui`s Edit button.....et voila ......i was able to open with Edit oui`s Post......i tested to make a change ......wrote " my name is backi dont be afraid " at the Bottom of his Post (in Edit Mode ).Hit submit Button .

After reloading a second Post under the Name backi appeared (after my first Post ) which i did never wrote ......this second Post included a Quote from oui`s previous Post and included the Sentence i wrote at the Button of his Post while editing his post in Edit mode .(could open his post .....and did write this Test Sentence " my name is backi dont be afraid " at the Button of his Post....

Maybe this is what happened yesterday to your Post .
Maybe do a test for your own.Try to edit another`s Users Post .

Strange Case . go look for yourself here :

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 7&start=15

backi

#394 Post by backi »

fredx181 wrote:Hi backi, could you please edit/delete your post here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 398#946398

It looks like it's post from me under your name, or did you manage to hack my account ? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Take care!

EDIT: I know making promise to test your enlightened dog tonight, but it will have to wait until tomorrow, sorry.

Fred

Hi it`s me backi .

backi

#395 Post by backi »

Just in the moment did repeat this experiment .
Hit the Edit Button on your Post above mine .....and inserted " hi it`s me backi "
at the button of your Post ....Hit submit.......see the Result for your own .
The Post above i did not create on my own .

I never did write and submit (including you Quote ) this second Post .....

One more Time ......i just hit the Edit Button on your last Post , it looks like open .....inserted " hi it`s me backi " at the Bottom of your Post .......hit submit ....reloaded
This is the Result ......test for your own .
Last edited by backi on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#396 Post by backi »

Now i know what is happening.
If one use the Edit Button of another User`s Post ....it looks like one is able to edit it`s Content .
It is not so .......if you try to edit another Member`s Post .....then submit .....another additional Post under your Member Name will appear.....containing the Quote of Persons Post you tried to edit .....if you inserted a Text ( in this virtually edit Post from the other Member`s Post ).....it will be also included the the new "Ghost Post "
under your own Member Name .
Conclusion .......One can not edit another Member`s Post ......relieve :D
Last edited by backi on Tue 07 Mar 2017, 08:27, edited 2 times in total.

backi

#397 Post by backi »

removed

fredx181

#398 Post by fredx181 »

Hi backi,

Sorry to say, as for my contribution on the enlightenment_dog idea, I have to put it on hold (for personal reasons, nothing to do with you)

But I'd be happy to continue sometime later :)

See you!

Fred

zagreb999

antixdog

#399 Post by zagreb999 »

"Hi zagreb,

You mentioned about Antix earlier, and in the meantime I've tried MX-16 and Antix.
I experimented with MX-16 to make it boot "porteus style" and it works for me (I can make and share ISO if you're interested), also I've setup a Antix minimal full install (by using netinstall).
So I'm investigating, but I really have my doubts if it's suitable for creating a *dog* from it.
I mean MX or Antix are already such modified OS's, based on Debian but having its own way of e.g. remastering, save-setup, snapshot etc... many apps similar to what's inside Debiandog.
What to include from DebianDog to not conflict with the Antix tools? Include porteus-boot option with it's save file/folder options?
Maybe you have ideas? (if so, detailled please) What you exactly expect from a Antixdog.

Fred"

---------------------------------------------
Fred, you promised Antixdog. Can you remember?

REGARDS

fredx181

#400 Post by fredx181 »

zagreb wrote:Fred, you promised Antixdog. Can you remember?
No, I didn't promise Antixdog, I just said I'm investigating, and that I have my doubts (still have my reasons).
This I said, maybe you refer to:
I experimented with MX-16 to make it boot "porteus style" and it works for me (I can make and share ISO if you're interested),
It's just experiment, but I do promise I will share later ISO (modified MX-16, but not much, porteus-boot works, quick-remaster works, size of ISO 1.3GB)

Fred