Introducing April64 (and April i686 on page 12)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
B.K. Johnson

#341 Post by B.K. Johnson »

@Barry
In a post here, I stated:
1. my boot flash drive has several puppies from which I can boot
2. It is my understanding that Quirky Unicorn and Quirky April allow for only a single quirky installation on a flash drive regardless of size.
3. Ipso facto, "quirkies" are not for everyone; multiple puppies are not accommodated on quirky installs.

I thought after posting in that thread, that I should really post here for Barry to confirm.
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

Jasper

#342 Post by Jasper »

Hi BKJ,

Your No (3) is incorrect (I use merely three flash stick partitions - two for Quirky unicorn and one with Precise 5.6). You might seek better advice from gcmartin: I can post links or screen shots suggesting you consult the paramids or approach a local university.

My regards

B.K. Johnson

#343 Post by B.K. Johnson »

@Jasper
Your No (3) is incorrect (I use merely three flash stick partitions - two for Quirky unicorn and one with Precise 5.6).
Then I stand corrected. The intent of the post was for someone to correct me if my perception was wrong. Thanks.
You might seek better advice from gcmartin: I can post links or screen shots suggesting you consult the paramids or approach a local university.
Since you replied, since it is you and not gcmartin that is advising, I see no reason to seek advice from gcmartin. A more fulsome post from you would help. :wink:
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]