Light-Debian-Core-Live-CD-Wheezy + Porteus-Wheezy

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
mcewanw

#2981 Post by mcewanw »

Just added gui (domyfile) for make-xhippo-playlist in my post above. I forgot last time...
github mcewanw

mcewanw

DoMyCommand version 0.9.7

#2982 Post by mcewanw »

re-uploaded fixed domycommand (now version 0.9.7) for make-xhippo-playlist. Please remember to completely delete old ${HOME}/.domycommand before installing new deb (and after apt-get purge domycommand of previous version)

And finally Toni,

Please find attached updated domycommand deb (just remove dummy tar).

NOTE: I made one major change here that impacts the previous domycommand. Changed variable name box TD to simply D (which made more sense). I thus modified the default commandlist appropriately (included as part of the deb.

It is IMPORTANT to not only apt-get purge the old domycommand, but also to completely remove the previous, auto-generated ${HOME}/.domycommand folder for the new one to work correctly.

I don't intend any further developments for now aside from bug-fixing the current apps I've provided as and when required.

Cheers, William
Attachments
domycommand-0.9.7.deb.tar
New version of DoMyCommand (just remove dummy tar prior and read notes above).
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Last edited by mcewanw on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
github mcewanw

saintless

#2983 Post by saintless »

Hi, William.
Should I keep old RadioList file and folder in $HOME/.xhippo/playlists. Seems both (new 0default.d and old RadioList) work.

Toni

mcewanw

Re-uploaded domyfile and domycommand

#2984 Post by mcewanw »

saintless wrote:Hi, William.
Should I keep old RadioList file and folder in $HOME/.xhippo/playlists. Seems both (new 0default.d and old RadioList) work.

Toni
Hi Toni,

Best to remove the old RadioList file. One or two entries in there may not work now (I can't remember) but 0default.d (along with 0default.d.xplist) is the one to keep.

Have now re-uploaded DoMyFile (changed version number to 0.9.7 to reflect the error trapping fix I made inside it), which is the GUI for make-xhippo-playlist. Similarly re-uploaded DoMyCommand, with a similar fix (also now version 0.9.7). Find them in the posts just above.

On re-installation of these two debs the important thing (apart from apt-get purge ...) is to manually remove the two config directories in ${HOME} prior to their re-installation (i.e. ${HOME}/.domyfile and ${HOME}/.domycommand).

These latest uploaded parts should hopefully all be fine now.

Cheers, William
github mcewanw

mcewanw

More robust xrecord and pavrecord

#2985 Post by mcewanw »

Last thing hopefully Toni!

The recent trap error fixes I made to domyfile and domycommand were partially also missing in /opt/apt/xhippo/usr/bin/xrecord and in /usr/bin/pavrecord. Unfortunately, the fix means the pavrecord deb needs remade (though only the pavrecord main binary/script needs replaced).

Please therefore find attached the updated xrecord (now version number 1.0.7) to replace that in /opt/apt/xhippo/usr/bin/xrecord and

also the attached updated pavrecord (for simplicity, I kept the version number the same at pavrecord 0.9.3) for replacing existing one in /usr/bin/pavrecord.

With these slight error-trapping changes all these programs should be much more robust (previous ones could on occasion fail to start if their config files became corrupted - hopefully that won't happen any more).

Cheers, William
Last edited by mcewanw on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
github mcewanw

fredx181

#2986 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Toni,
Two questions:

1. I like to add SNS deb in the iso as option to change frisbee (after we test it proper). Maybe a script that will uninstall frisbee and install sns. Any objections?

2. I like to add your FFMpeg scripts also. Are you planning to make changes or deb package for them with warning to install ffmpeg or I can do it as I see it best?
1. Yes, fine by me but how do you think doing it? Include SNS and give choice to activate it and uninstall frisbee?
2. I wasn't planning any changes, it's ok by me if you package it the way you want, but because there is ffconvert already, maybe include only the video to audio extract scripts with the Xdialog progress (but again, as you wish).
Video extract to audio can be done with ffconvert also but it's a little difficult IMHO.
No hurry, Fred. I know you do not have much time for this at the moment. I will wait for your word for updated versions.
Thanks! I'll come soon with a list of the common changes in the 2 versions with some comments and questions (I lost a little track of the changes but will have close look at the section you posted about updates)

The SNS tool needed a fix because there was message at boot about libdaemon not found so had to put /opt/lib in /etc/init.d/sns
Also changed some other files to make notification possible (included also xhost in /opt/bin therefore, installing with apt would need x11-xserver-utils which is 14Mb)
So notification using gtkdialog-splash should work showing a message when network is up or down.
To disable it, rename or remove /etc/dhcpcd_state_notify .
It is possible also to have notifications with the latest frisbee, if you want, I'll look at it.
sns_2.1.1-1.deb:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBgCD ... sp=sharing

Fred

saintless

#2987 Post by saintless »

Hi, Fred.
fredx181 wrote: Include SNS and give choice to activate it and uninstall frisbee?
Yes. In my testing setup sns deb is in /opt/apps and typing in terminal change-netmanager calls two scripts:
change-netmanager:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

echo ###
echo "Warning:"
echo ###
echo "This script will remove Frisbee and install Simple_Network_Setup instead."
echo "Use it only in case you can not connect to internet with Frisbee."
echo "Select one of the options below:"
echo ###
echo "1)Type 1 to continue."
echo "2)Type 2 to cancel and exit."
echo ###
echo "Type the number and press Enter."
echo ###

read n
case $n in
    1) /opt/bin/change-frisbee2sns;;
    2) exit;;
esac
exit 0
change-frisbee2sns:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

echo ###
echo "Confirm removing Frisbee and installing SNS or close this window to exit."
echo ###
apt-get purge frisbee

echo ###
echo "Frisbee removed. Installing SNS..."
echo ###

dpkg -i /opt/apps/sns_2.1.1-1.deb

Xdialog --title "Change-Frisbee2SNS" --msgbox " Simple_Network_Setup is installed." 0 0
exit 0
The SNS tool needed a fix because there was message at boot about libdaemon not found so had to put /opt/lib in /etc/init.d/sns
Thanks, I will test the new package.
It is possible also to have notifications with the latest frisbee, if you want, I'll look at it.
No, Fred. Leave it as it is since it works OK for me and you at least. Too much improvement can bring more bugs to fix. I also read in frisbee thread some changes will be made soon. Maybe we will update frisbee in time with the new changes anyway.

Toni

saintless

#2989 Post by saintless »

Hi, Fred.

New SNS deb seems to work fine for me. I just changed desktop file name to be the same as the menu file name, otherwise mk-jwm.menu creates one more desktop file and I get two menu entries.
Uploaded here:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/sns_2.1.1-1.deb

BTW I see the popup messages from SNS with my IP address and I get the same messages with Frisbee as it is now, if this is the notification with gtkdialog-splash you wrote about.

Toni

fredx181

#2990 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Toni,
New SNS deb seems to work fine for me. I just changed desktop file name to be the same as the menu file name, otherwise mk-jwm.menu creates one more desktop file and I get two menu entries.
Ok, I'll learn from that.
BTW I see the popup messages from SNS with my IP address and I get the same messages with Frisbee as it is now, if this is the notification with gtkdialog-splash you wrote about.
I don't understand what you mean exactly.
The colored messages should be something like "eth0 is down" or "<ip address> acquired on eth0" or/and "requesting IP adress for eth0".
You get them when using frisbee also?
When rebooting with SNS installed there should appear some of these gtkdialog-splash popup messages when X is started.

Your script looks fine btw for changing to SNS

Fred

saintless

#2991 Post by saintless »

Hi, Fred.
fredx181 wrote:The colored messages should be something like "eth0 is down" or "<ip address> acquired on eth0" or/and "requesting IP adress for eth0".
You get them when using frisbee also?
Yes, exactly the same color messages when X starts. On JWM version I get them with Frisbee deb from here:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/ ... 86_jwm.deb
And now with last SNS from you I get the same popup colored messages with SNS.

Toni

fredx181

#2992 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Toni,
Yes, exactly the same color messages when X starts. On JWM version I get them with Frisbee deb from here:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/ ... 86_jwm.deb
Yes, indeed just tried and it works on Jwm version.
I was struggling with how to get notification work, finally found out that it needs xhost to work and it's part of x11-xserver-utils package and didn't have it installed on openbox version.
So I looked in synaptic on Jwm version if x11-xserver-utils is installed and it isn't.
But there is /usr/bin/xhost. How come? You cheated again? :D
x11-xserver-utils debian file list:
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/i386 ... s/filelist

Fred

saintless

#2993 Post by saintless »

fredx181 wrote: But there is /usr/bin/xhost. How come? You cheated again? :D
x11-xserver-utils debian file list:
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/i386 ... s/filelist
I guess I did, Fred :) But I think it was a long time ago while trying to make lxrandr to work in the beginning. Then I tested few binaries that work from the package and they were included with xrandr (which was the only one needed for lxrandr to work proper).

Toni

saintless

#2994 Post by saintless »

Checking this now, Fred, Jwm version has all /usr/bin files from x11-xserver-utils. The package is very small without dependencies and since it seems to work this way maybe it is better to rebuild the deb without dependencies and install it on DebianDog (similar to xdm).

fredx181

#2995 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Toni,
Thanks for the confession!
On openbox version also there's /usr/bin/xrandr so somehow I'm guilty also :)
Btw, it's nice that the new frisbee has these notifications out of the box.
EDIT:
Checking this now, Fred, Jwm version has all /usr/bin files from x11-xserver-utils. The package is very small without dependencies and since it seems to work this way maybe it is better to rebuild the deb without dependencies and install it on DebianDog
Yes, but maybe give it a slightly different name then?
Fred

saintless

#2996 Post by saintless »

Well, this is a surprise :)
Removing only cpp from dependencies is enough. Just install this one, Fred. I think it is perfectly safe and best this way:
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/ ... 3_i386.deb
I will install it in Jwm version.

Edit: Better to keep the same name. Only cpp is missing from its dependencies. And cpp will be a dependencies of any other package that needs it also. If we rename the package inside control file any other package that needs some file from x11-xserver-utils will try to install it again and again.

Toni

fredx181

#2997 Post by fredx181 »

Toni wrote:Well, this is a surprise Smile
Removing only cpp from dependencies is enough. Just install this one, Fred. I think it is perfectly safe and best this way:
Ok, thanks, seems good this way.

Fred

saintless

#2998 Post by saintless »

Hi, William.
I'm not sure how to test proper domyfile and domycommand but all including xhippo works from what I tested so far.
BTW I reuploaded domyfile with changed category in /usr/share/menu file from Audio to Applications/Sound. There is no Audio category in Debian update-menus method. It is created anyway without problem but xhippo and xrecord go in Sound and domyfile is the only application in Audio.
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/ ... -0.9.7.deb

Toni

fredx181

#2999 Post by fredx181 »

Hi Toni,
Just for info, don't know a solution yet:
When installing your modified x11-xserver-utils package it is suddenly (after doing apt-get update) one of the "upgradable" packages I see in synaptic.

Fred

mcewanw

#3000 Post by mcewanw »

saintless wrote:Hi, William.
I'm not sure how to test proper domyfile and domycommand but all including xhippo works from what I tested so far.
BTW I reuploaded domyfile with changed category in /usr/share/menu file from Audio to Applications/Sound. There is no Audio category in Debian update-menus method. It is created anyway without problem but xhippo and xrecord go in Sound and domyfile is the only application in Audio.
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/ ... -0.9.7.deb

Toni
Hi Toni,

That's fine should be in same menu as xrecord. I'll also replace the packages I uploaded with the changed ones.

Don't worry, DoMyCommand has been heavily tested, and is just a little improvement from Premote which has been in Slacko official puppy for a couple of years, so well tested I think. DoMyFile is basically just a modified DoMyCommand but tailored for file processing, so I don't expect any problems. I'm busy watching world cup at this second :-)

However, please find attached playlist.text to try out domyfile making an xhippo compatible playlist (which automatically tests if make-xhippo-playlist is working correctly. This test file contains a mix of playlist types (using | and # as separators). I've not tested it myself yet (since on different machine) and haven't tried testing such mixture, but I think it should work... Whether all the streaming stations in it are active is another matter and nothing to do with the program of course.

Cheers, William
Attachments
playlist.test.tar
just remove dummy tar, put anywhere, and select file in box A of DoMyFile
(706 Bytes) Downloaded 170 times