ChurchPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ttuuxxx

#241 Post by ttuuxxx »

Subito Piano wrote:Hi! Yeah, i think i was the last one working with ChurchPup. I dropped any further development of it partly because i didn't want to distribute something with potentially illegal codecs (after all, it's a Christian Edition!!!) -- Also, the newest Puppy is SOOO easy to configure and BibleTime is available for it (although WHO KNOWS how to make the icons appear???!?!) -- using Wine to add BP Bible or TheWord is easy enough, though....

...anywho, if someone wants a copy of the old RC2 edition of ChurchPup for themselves, or a bloated version based on 4.2 with a working BibleTime, simply PM me. As long as i'm not really "distributing" it i'm fine with the codecs issue.

Also, there is a version of ProCon Latte available for SeaMonkey, a nice feature. Lemme know if you can't find it.

Blessings!
hi Subito Piano how's life been :)
I wouldn't as bibletime goes on 5 series, well with 5 series they are pretty lazy with packages, They usually use repackage bloated ubuntu packages as pets, I compiled a wack of them for them just for that reason. So we would have some more traditional package sizes. And well this is a fine extample
Bibletime on puppy 5 is 28MB pet
Xiphos/Gnome Sword compiled on 2.14X is 3.3MB
Bibletime/Gnomesword has always been around the same size. Now that Ximphos is qt based I compiled it statically saving 25MB.
As Codec's goes I don't think its a biggy, nobody has ever been charged over it, hmmm you do know MS has the patents for mouse control also and if they wanted to enforce that, then mac/linux would be keyboard driven only, somethings are just not relevant. Hmmm does MS own the rights to the windows key on just about every keyboard? If so does that mean if its not being used on windows machine then does that make it illegal also? so basically we would have to use a light pens to operate pc's? no mouse, no keyboard.
Like I said I wouldn't worry much about it :)
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Subito Piano

#242 Post by Subito Piano »

Thanks for the affirmation, Jim! :) Yeah...there's more to life than Linux...i'm now the principal at our little Christian school (translation: life is a BLUR) -- i do miss the forums and experimenting and such. Right now most of what i do computer-wise is install Mint or Puppy for desperate people...usually the only people who are open to Linux, unfortunately!

Subito Piano

#243 Post by Subito Piano »

Oh! Hey Ttuuxxx!! Whatta help you've been over the years to me (and tons of others). Wild about BibleTime bloat compared to Xiphos. As for codecs, i realized they were fine for me to use as i know i'm not trying to pirate DVDs, but i myself am not sure i feel right distributing...not to put that on anybody else who believes differently (here in the US or wherever). Anyway, good to see you're still around. :D