Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
pemasu

#2321 Post by pemasu »

but no brcmsmac (so far) so no wireless, just for info purposes, not your problem clearly.
In console: lspci -nn
And post the wireless concerning rows or whole output:
lspci -nn > hwinfo.gz and post it here as attachment.

pemasu

#2322 Post by pemasu »

The scribus in the repo is a bit messed up. I'm building a new one now.
And I promised to compile it when Python-2.7 has replaced the previous one. I just forgot my promise. Side-effect of presenile dementia again. I wish I would remember to take my medication.....sigh....

DaveS

#2323 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:
And I promised to compile it when Python-2.7 has replaced the previous one. I just forgot my promise. Side-effect of presenile dementia again. I wish I would remember to take my medication.....sigh....
LOL... set it up with a Google Calendar email reminder... Works for me :)
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

jim3630

#2324 Post by jim3630 »

the links in "about" do not work in abiword, transmission, and any other program I've tried that has a link in "about."

also discussed at

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 201#617201

efiabruni

#2325 Post by efiabruni »

jemimah wrote:

There is no R package in the repo. The one you have is not compatable. I will add R to my list of requests.
I have uploaded an R sfs, and fixed the scribus pet.[/quote]

I tried both and they both work, thank you very much, now Saluki can become my primary OS :)
I had also downloaded firefox and keepnote from the repo and they work as far as I can see perfectly.
I also use the scim.sfs from lupu (lang-pack-all.0.9.sfs) with the m17n pack to write Chinese and experienced no problems with it

futwerk

#2326 Post by futwerk »

variations on jemimah's splash theme.
Attachments
splashvr1,4b.png
http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
(25.41 KiB) Downloaded 1228 times
splashvr1,4a.png
(24.83 KiB) Downloaded 1217 times
splashvr1,4.png
(24.4 KiB) Downloaded 1217 times
splash1vr,3.png
(22.24 KiB) Downloaded 1224 times
splash1vr,2.png
(22.02 KiB) Downloaded 1223 times
splash1vr,1.png
(22.41 KiB) Downloaded 1212 times

baggins

saluki on an eeepc 1015PEM

#2327 Post by baggins »

hi again

thanks for your time

@Jemimah @Pemasu

sorry for the confusion

the lack of wireless brcmsmac was (seemingly) a one off on the second or third boot of saluki 17. the odd thing is I know it should be there but when I tried to modprobe it it came up with some other (presumably related) .ko. or .so files not found. next boot it came right up. Indeed i post from it now.

Should it repeat I'll post up lspci and maybe some .logs if they would help.

The later wireless reference was to slitaz because it uses the same xorg version but doesn't seem to flip out.

The other repetitious intermittent problems concern me more, especially the screen flipping out.

@Jemimah
The screen flipping issue - weird I've never heard of anything like that. I haven't a clue. You should run sysinfo and attach the diagnostic file.
I couldn't find sysinfo but I think I've got the hardinfo to attach. Does this give you what you asked for? If not please advise further on how I can help.

Can I take it there is no obvious reason for saluki (and racy) not liking my eeepc.

Many thanks for your help, and all your other fine works.

EDIT: P.S. found it and attaching now
Attachments
sys-info-120405.gz
sys-info report
(26.08 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
hardinfo.gz
hardinfo report
(5.67 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Last edited by baggins on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

#2328 Post by gcmartin »

I am running Live Saluki17 system.

I added drives to the desktop. Now when I click the desktop's CDROM I get the following??? (see Picture attached to this post)

mount command shows the following

Code: Select all

/dev/sda3 on /mnt/CDROM type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,quiet,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
Also, when a usb is mounted, clicking the "x" in the circle doesn't dismount the unit.

Hope this helps
Attachments
Desktop_UmountProblem.png
CDROMs are mis-characterized and "x" does not dismount USB unit(s)
(51.25 KiB) Downloaded 1191 times

Geoffrey

#2329 Post by Geoffrey »

Pete22 was wanting to be able restore the desktop icons if they were to get messed up, I finally managed to get a script working that will do this.

I'll post a pet for Testing, the menu entry is in control panel, named XDesktop Icon Restorer.

To use it just arrange the desktop icons then run the app and save, if they get disarranged just run it again and select restore, simple.
Let me know if it works ok, the trick to make it work is all in the timing of the functions so it seems.
Attachments
xdesktop_icon_restorer-1.0.pet
(999 Bytes) Downloaded 190 times

HiDeHo

#2330 Post by HiDeHo »

How to build a real-time kernel for saluki. I have not found much except for a few old posts on how to do this even in puppy. so i created one here if anyone can help compiling a real-time kernel for puppy, mainly saluki, it would be appreciated click here.

einar

Puppy custom builder 8

#2331 Post by einar »

perl-gtk2-1.242.pet is not located in http://www.smokey01.com/saluki/pet_packages-saluki/

The file i stored in the repo list and is wanted by the custom builder 8 but its not there, i have trippel checked and even googeld for it ;)

Anyone got this pet stored somewhere ?

shelezyaka

#2332 Post by shelezyaka »

The utility allows you to perform a test 3D graphics (openGL video driver), verification is performed with four different parameters. You can set different screen resolution. In my opinion, better than the "gear".
Screen report is stored in the directory / usr/local/cube_mark-2/result.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qeubqg

aarf

#2333 Post by aarf »

gcmartin wrote:I am running Live Saluki17 system.

I added drives to the desktop. Now when I click the desktop's CDROM I get the following??? (see Picture attached to this post)

/dev/sda3 on /mnt/CDROM type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,quiet,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
Also, when a usb is mounted, clicking the "x" in the circle doesn't dismount the unit.

Hope this helps
just in case you miss it or forget this is a double click desktop. double click works to unmount my drives, but i am still in saluki16.

DaveS

#2334 Post by DaveS »

aarf wrote:
gcmartin wrote:I am running Live Saluki17 system.

Hope this helps
just in case you miss it or forget this is a double click desktop. double click works to unmount my drives, but i am still in saluki16.
Double clicking the 'x' on usb drive just loads in Thunar, does not unmount, so I use the drive icon in the system tray.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

mikeslr

lxlauncher -- ability to turn it off?

#2335 Post by mikeslr »

Hi jemimah & all;

I'm of two minds regarding lxlauncher. Well, often I'm of two minds about almost everything. Makes it difficult to get out the middle of a busy road. But about lxlauncer, sometime's I think its a great idea. Sometimes I rather prefer Saluki without it, using two panels.
So as long as you're still taking requests, how about a way to turn lxlauncher on and off? Or is there already one which I couldn't find?

And I'll second einar's request for perl-gtk2-1.242.pet. I experienced the same problem he mentioned. The pet is needed for gtk-youtube-viewer, a very nifty program.

mikesLr

jemimah

Re: Puppy custom builder 8

#2336 Post by jemimah »

einar wrote:perl-gtk2-1.242.pet is not located in http://www.smokey01.com/saluki/pet_packages-saluki/

The file i stored in the repo list and is wanted by the custom builder 8 but its not there, i have trippel checked and even googeld for it ;)

Anyone got this pet stored somewhere ?
I have uploaded it again. It's definitely there now. :)

jemimah

Re: saluki on an eeepc 1015PEM

#2337 Post by jemimah »

baggins wrote:hi again

thanks for your time

@Jemimah @Pemasu

sorry for the confusion

the lack of wireless brcmsmac was (seemingly) a one off on the second or third boot of saluki 17. the odd thing is I know it should be there but when I tried to modprobe it it came up with some other (presumably related) .ko. or .so files not found. next boot it came right up. Indeed i post from it now.

Should it repeat I'll post up lspci and maybe some .logs if they would help.

The later wireless reference was to slitaz because it uses the same xorg version but doesn't seem to flip out.

The other repetitious intermittent problems concern me more, especially the screen flipping out.

@Jemimah
The screen flipping issue - weird I've never heard of anything like that. I haven't a clue. You should run sysinfo and attach the diagnostic file.
I couldn't find sysinfo but I think I've got the hardinfo to attach. Does this give you what you asked for? If not please advise further on how I can help.

Can I take it there is no obvious reason for saluki (and racy) not liking my eeepc.

Many thanks for your help, and all your other fine works.

EDIT: P.S. found it and attaching now
It looks like a modesetting issue though google provides no real assistance.

Try disabling modesetting by editing /etc/modeprobe.d/i915.conf and change

options i915 modeset=1
to

options i915 modeset=0

jemimah

Re: lxlauncher -- ability to turn it off?

#2338 Post by jemimah »

mikeslr wrote:Hi jemimah & all;

I'm of two minds regarding lxlauncher. Well, often I'm of two minds about almost everything. Makes it difficult to get out the middle of a busy road. But about lxlauncer, sometime's I think its a great idea. Sometimes I rather prefer Saluki without it, using two panels.
So as long as you're still taking requests, how about a way to turn lxlauncher on and off? Or is there already one which I couldn't find?

And I'll second einar's request for perl-gtk2-1.242.pet. I experienced the same problem he mentioned. The pet is needed for gtk-youtube-viewer, a very nifty program.

mikesLr
The way right now is to uninstall it and reinstall it. But you could also move it out of /root/Startup and restart x to disable it.

I have reuploaded it with a disable/enable option.

jemimah

#2339 Post by jemimah »

Src2pkg is now available in the repo.

Src2pkg can compile source code and build pets for you.

I have hacked it to use Barry's new2dir and dir2pet instead of the the default packaging methods.

Not all source code will compile without modifications to either the code, build scripts, or system. Thus src2pkg will only work packages that are easy to compile.

The devx must be installed for it to work.

elroy

src2pkg

#2340 Post by elroy »

Thanks jemimah. Src2pkg is pretty nifty. I did a quick build of elinks as a test; worked like a charm. A keeper for my next adrive ;)