Gtkpod ipod manager,

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#21 Post by Béèm »

Before taking the adventure of trying this iPod manager on my Zen Micro I reviewed the Gnomad2 thread, downloaded the program and the libraries again and installed again.
This time the Gnomad2 program is functioning.
So I don't have the need to try this manager.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

brad_chuck

#22 Post by brad_chuck »

I used this program a long time ago. Perhaps as early as Puppy 1.7...
My experience was that it worked for a week or two them corrupted the "database" on the ipod. It did this several times and I gave up.

One thing that you CAN'T do is connect it to a windows box after using GTKpod. This WILL corrupt the "database" 100%.

All could be well now.

Just a warning.

KF6SNJ

#23 Post by KF6SNJ »

I downloaded this to check it out. I plan to install it on my laptop and perhaps also on the mac g4 tower I just got (if I can get it to work, no video output currently). I plan on getting an ipod soon, so this could be a useful tool to upload audio bibles to the ipod. Thanks. Perhaps I will include it in the alpha 2 of Concordia.
The only windows I have are those on my home.

tempestuous

#24 Post by tempestuous »

DaveS wrote:Strictly speaking, Gnomad2 + libmtp is for MTP protocol players ...
Not exactly. Gnomad2's primary support is for devices which use Creative's custom communication protocol "PDE" (Portable Digital Entertainment).
Devices which use the Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) are supported as a secondary option.

wosifat

#25 Post by wosifat »

brad_chuck wrote: My experience was that it worked for a week or two them corrupted the "database" on the ipod. It did this several times and I gave up.

One thing that you CAN'T do is connect it to a windows box after using GTKpod. This WILL corrupt the "database" 100%.

All could be well now.

Just a warning.
Eww... Not good, as I may still use Windows sometimes.
I am considering using a different brand of portable media player in the future since I think I'm past my Apple phase. Anyone know of one that handles video on a decent sized screen and plays nicely with Linux?

brad_chuck

#26 Post by brad_chuck »

Before you trash your iPod try;

http://www.rockbox.org/

I have had good luck with ScanDisk players. You just copy over the files and it plays them. Don't know about movies but I use windows at work sometimes and copy files over with no problems.

If you have the cash Cowon is THE way to go;

http://www.cowonamerica.com/

gorillawil

gtkpod

#27 Post by gorillawil »

I dont want to get off topic here ttuuxxx but I read in your original post you were looking for feedback on the gtkpod. I downloaded and ran your pup in 4.1 and got everything up and running easily. This is the first of many attempts with various versions of puppy that it has actually worked for me. Thank you for taking the time to put it all together- I for one appreciate the effort.

disciple

#28 Post by disciple »

I notice gtkpod is up to 0.99.14 if anyone's interested.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER