Users and Developers - Symbiotic Relationship

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
James C

#181 Post by James C »

puppyite wrote:
WhoDo wrote:Not with Puppy! Like it, build your own or leave it! There's enough choice in there for most people except the organisers who want things organised THEIR way. Things are already organised the PUPPY way! That's good enough for most of us.
That's the problem, it's not organised at all your Majesty, it's just a cluster f^uck, with Royalty like yourself passing down decrees.
Puppy is organized the way the creator chose ,too bad you don't approve.

puppyite

#182 Post by puppyite »

poo-ocracy, sounds like SH!T.

James C

#183 Post by James C »

puppyite wrote:poo-ocracy, sounds like SH!T.
Really witty comeback. :lol:

jonyo

#184 Post by jonyo »

the creator last spoke on issues that were relevant in 2007 and i supported the position at that time
Last edited by jonyo on Sun 22 May 2011, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

puppyite

#185 Post by puppyite »

Barry doesn't have anything to do with organization and he said so. However I do.
Last edited by puppyite on Sun 22 May 2011, 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

WhoDo

#186 Post by WhoDo »

puppyite wrote:
WhoDo wrote:Not with Puppy! Like it, build your own or leave it! There's enough choice in there for most people except the organisers who want things organised THEIR way. Things are already organised the PUPPY way! That's good enough for most of us.
That's the problem, it's not organised at all your Majesty, it's just a cluster f^uck, with Royalty like yourself passing down decrees.
Royalty? Me? :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not now nor ever was "Royalty" in any sense. I was just an "average user" who decided things could be improved, noted that Puppy was a do-ocracy and elected to DO something about it! I started with a Community Edition, something you eschew apparently, and worked (note the use of that word) onward from there. I had a whole host of other volunteers, some cutting code, some compiling, some editing wiki's, some writing docs, some just testing and helping in any which way they could! They didn't do it because of some Royal Command! They did it because I respected them and their contributions to the best of my ability. I only EVER had problems with one small group of USERS (I deliberately capitalise that to distinguish them from the ordinary users) who insisted their way HAD to be implemented no matter what! Sorry, but I don't take orders any better than I give 'em!!!
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

WhoDo

#187 Post by WhoDo »

puppyite wrote:And I guess I was too demanding when I said "Thank you for your reply".
Nope. Just sarcastic. Sugar coating an insult doesn't make it palatable unless you're Mary Poppins! :roll:
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

MinHundHettePerro

#188 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

puppyite wrote:poo-ocracy, sounds like SH!T.
MinHundHettePerro wrote:
WhoDo wrote:
puppyite wrote:This should demonstrate my level of commitment to what I have said: Even if every member of this forum filed through here and voiced their opposition I would still believe that good governance is needed, that’s how certain I am that what I propose is right.
Certainty is no guarantee of rectitude! You heard it here first!
And how could a humour-less foreigner be expected to tell the difference between these difficult, yet appropriate, nouns of latin origin (?); rectitude - rectumdude?
[sic!]/ MHHP
[color=green]Celeron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, i82845, many ptns, modes 12, 13
Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 GB, nvidia quadro nvs 285[/color]
Slackos & 214X, ... and Q6xx
[color=darkred]Nämen, vaf....[/color] [color=green]ln -s /dev/null MHHP[/color]

puppyite

#189 Post by puppyite »

WhoDo,
I never asked you for diddly squat, nor would I ever, your Majesty.
Last edited by puppyite on Sun 22 May 2011, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

jonyo

#190 Post by jonyo »

yes 2.15 was marvelous but your true colors took some time and came later

WhoDo

#191 Post by WhoDo »

puppyite wrote:Barry doesn't have anything to do with organization and he said so. However I do.
You sure your name isn't "Rob"? He was fond of quoting his own posts ad nauseum, too! I wonder if it's possible to overdose on deja vu?

I get that you are disaffected, puppyite, but why won't you answer the only question that really matters? Why haven't you already created the governance you crave when I already gave my Royal Imprimatur to that several pages back! Chicken? Go on, I double-dog dare ya!!!!! :lol:

puppyite

#192 Post by puppyite »

WhoDo wrote:Go on, I double-dog dare ya!!!!! :lol:
You are juvenile aren't you?

WhoDo

#193 Post by WhoDo »

jonyo wrote:yes 2.15 was marvelous but your true colors took some time and came later
We are all a product of genetics and ENVIRONMENT, jonyo. You plant sour grapes and you get vinegar! I make no bones about the fact that tiredness and disgust were behind some of my reactions in those days, but those two things didn't just magically appear! They were part of the unhealthy environment of the time and sponsored by a mere few individuals who never delivered on a single promise for Puppy; check the record!

WhoDo

#194 Post by WhoDo »

puppyite wrote:
WhoDo wrote:Go on, I double-dog dare ya!!!!! :lol:
You are juvenile aren't you?
Nope. Just responding to toilet humor and name calling! "Do unto others", puppyite! I thought it was what you wanted in return! :?

jonyo

#195 Post by jonyo »

you had a direct role in whatever backlash there was at the time, that is truth
WhoDo wrote:I'm also one of the few release coordinators who made a practice of really TRYING to implement as many positive suggestions as circumstances would allow, and for my trouble I got nothing but grief from certain dissatisfied quarters of the "user" community. That is why I have little to do with Puppy or the forums these days. Ingratitude in the face of selfless effort is a powerful demotivator!

MinHundHettePerro

#196 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

@puppyite

You keep repeating the link to that post of yours ad nauseam. I think I'll post a link to a relevant post of mine ... http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 936#520936fwiw :wink:/ MHHP
[color=green]Celeron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, i82845, many ptns, modes 12, 13
Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 GB, nvidia quadro nvs 285[/color]
Slackos & 214X, ... and Q6xx
[color=darkred]Nämen, vaf....[/color] [color=green]ln -s /dev/null MHHP[/color]

WhoDo

#197 Post by WhoDo »

puppyite wrote:WhoDo,
I never asked you for diddly squat, nor would I ever, your Majesty.
Fantastic, because I wouldn't fancy giving you "diddly squat", or much of anything else for that matter! :lol: And stop calling me "your" Majesty! My Majesty is reserved for far nicer individuals than you!!! 8)

WhoDo

A seat at the table?

#198 Post by WhoDo »

An example of Dem-ocracy in action at Puppylinux FAQ:
puppyite wrote:
hillside wrote:I see no need to complicate things with disposable email accounts. That would be like trying to keep track of too many credit cards. I'll just wait until you get the bugs worked out of your system.
No email, no visit, bye.
Hmmmm.... seems a bit hypocritical to me, but hey, what do I know? My way or the highway? Oh YEAH! :roll: Hey, George! The pigs are oinking about running the farm again! How did that go last time? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonyo

#199 Post by jonyo »

and btw whodo, i just had a look at what BK said in 2007 and nowhere does he say what you do
jonyo wrote:
WhoDo wrote:
jonyo wrote: and when did you become a spokesperson?
I didn't! Read Barry Kauler's piece on the Puppy development model and mark, learn and inwardly digest the wisdom in those powerful words!
i'm very aware of what he wrote then it's almost 4 years old

and as already mentioned, i fully supported his position at the time with the mess that was going on
http://puppylinux.com/development/project-statement.htm

jonyo

#200 Post by jonyo »

iow a direct take it or leave it attitude/statement is an insult to users
Last edited by jonyo on Sun 22 May 2011, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.