Users and Developers - Symbiotic Relationship

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
jonyo

#161 Post by jonyo »

WhoDo wrote:
jonyo wrote:
WhoDo wrote: Not with Puppy! Like it, build your own or leave it!
and when did you become a spokesperson?
I didn't! Read Barry Kauler's piece on the Puppy development model and mark, learn and inwardly digest the wisdom in those powerful words!
i'm very aware of what he wrote then it's almost 4 years old

and as already mentioned, i fully supported his position at the time with the mess that was going on
http://puppylinux.com/development/project-statement.htm

WhoDo

#162 Post by WhoDo »

jonyo wrote:i guess what some vets have to say that no one has responded to yet is irrelevant, seems to me that aitch is some sort of spokesperson

and here's what he has to say just recently
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 690#517690
Bug fixing/tracking.....

Is it POSSIBLE to at least devise a list, if not a small database, of

1/ bugs,
2/ pending/fixed status, and
3/ whether the fix is a patch,
4/ modifying some code,
5/ an addition, or whatever,
6/ how many testers have checked, and
7/ if any new errors arise, etc, and
8/ whether finally signed off, or not

Shouldn't this be more important than we seem to keep making it, as I absolutely fail to understand why ANY new version of Puppy is needed IF the old ones aren't finally FIXED!

And PLEASE no more 200 page threads needing analyzing to find the bugfixes

WE CAN do it BETTER!
Ummm... when I coordinated 4.2x development we had a wiki page(s) devoted to tasks and assignments. That didn't stop some people from whining that their suggestions weren't implemented. Some people don't get that sometimes their suggestions are just impossible to implement, or plain crap! That didn't stop us from trying, of course, but nothing short of complete capitulation would satisfy some people and that doesn't sit well with VOLUNTEERS! Wake up and smell the coffee, jonyo, or at the very least use Wellminded to research the Puppy history you seem hell-bent on repeating! Doh, indeed!
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

jonyo

#163 Post by jonyo »

funny aitch makes his comments in regards to the proposed official release but thx for the info
James C wrote:
jonyo wrote:
puppyluvr wrote::D Kello,
Please clarify, as the only post by Aitch I find in this thread, is a link.
no it is fully posted one page back
Bug fixing/tracking.....

Is it POSSIBLE to at least devise a list, if not a small database, of

1/ bugs,
2/ pending/fixed status, and
3/ whether the fix is a patch,
4/ modifying some code,
5/ an addition, or whatever,
6/ how many testers have checked, and
7/ if any new errors arise, etc, and
8/ whether finally signed off, or not

Shouldn't this be more important than we seem to keep making it, as I absolutely fail to understand why ANY new version of Puppy is needed IF the old ones aren't finally FIXED!

And PLEASE no more 200 page threads needing analyzing to find the bugfixes

WE CAN do it BETTER!
The basis for some of the above has been in place since the "Deep Thought" 4.20 days.Worked pretty well for WhoDo and crew.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=40

Each "bug" in its own thread, status, etc. Another section just for "usability issues" as well.....
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/index.php?f=41

Some of us have already been there and done that,the base is there if anyone chooses to use it in the future.

jonyo

#164 Post by jonyo »

heh, if it's too hot in the oven get outa the Out house
WhoDo wrote:Ummm... when I coordinated 4.2x development we had a wiki page(s) devoted to tasks and assignments. That didn't stop some people from whining that their suggestions weren't implemented. Some people don't get that sometimes their suggestions are just impossible to implement, or plain crap! That didn't stop us from trying, of course, but nothing short of complete capitulation would satisfy some people and that doesn't sit well with VOLUNTEERS! Wake up and smell the coffee, jonyo, or at the very least use Wellminded to research the Puppy history you seem hell-bent on repeating! Doh, indeed!

WhoDo

#165 Post by WhoDo »

[quote="puppyite"]The line was drawn when average users were described as “beggars
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

Jim1911

#166 Post by Jim1911 »

WhoDo wrote:. . . .Ho hum. Ho hum. It was fun deja vuing this thread but it's become so boring now. Scunny Rob was at least creative in his ideas, even if he had no intention of ever lifting a finger to help implement them on a practical level. *sigh* The quality of dissenters around here has definitely declined. :roll:
Right on! Too bad those like jonyo only criticize and do nothing to help, only berate those like WhoDo who have really made a difference with positive contributions.

jonyo

#167 Post by jonyo »

whodo you can't handle the truth
Last edited by jonyo on Sun 22 May 2011, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

MinHundHettePerro

#168 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

WhoDo wrote:
puppyite wrote:This should demonstrate my level of commitment to what I have said: Even if every member of this forum filed through here and voiced their opposition I would still believe that good governance is needed, that’s how certain I am that what I propose is right.
Certainty is no guarantee of rectitude! You heard it here first!
And how could a humour-less foreigner be expected to tell the difference between these difficult, yet appropriate, nouns of latin origin (?); rectitude - rectumdude?

An even lower watermark reached by MHHP, the punctuating foreigner, completely lacking a sense of humour .............. / MHHP
[color=green]Celeron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, i82845, many ptns, modes 12, 13
Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 GB, nvidia quadro nvs 285[/color]
Slackos & 214X, ... and Q6xx
[color=darkred]Nämen, vaf....[/color] [color=green]ln -s /dev/null MHHP[/color]

WhoDo

#169 Post by WhoDo »

jonyo wrote:heh, if it's too hot in the oven get outa the Out house
Nope. I made my cullinary masterpieces, put them on the table for the hungry to enjoy and then hung up my apron. I just got tired of the whining and bored with the ill-informed excuses for not helping out in the Out house that accompanied it. I'm still in the Out house helping out those who want to create their own flavours. Enjoyed your analogy though, unoriginal as it was.

WhoDo

#170 Post by WhoDo »

MinHundHettePerro wrote:And how could a humour-less foreigner be expected to tell the difference between these difficult, yet appropriate, nouns of latin origin (?); rectitude - rectumdude?

An even lower watermark reached by MHHP, the punctuating foreigner, completely lacking a sense of humour .............. / MHHP
Oh, I doubt it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jonyo

#171 Post by jonyo »

whodo you're just no BK is all

WhoDo

#172 Post by WhoDo »

jonyo wrote:whodo you can't handle the truth
Whose "truth", jonyo? Yours? Or did you intend to say "the Truth"? I'm not enough of a gnostic to claim I know what the latter is, though I dare so I probably couldn't handle it if I did! :roll:

WhoDo

#173 Post by WhoDo »

puppyite wrote:
puppyluvr wrote: I assure you, I`m not being "dim"...
Read the "Official Lupu 5.25" thread....
Tell me Playdayz didnt bend over backwards...
Oh really, then why hasn't this been answered.
Because it's ill-mannered and insulting! Playdayz was the project coordinator! He made ALL of the decisions on policy, direction and inclusions. Yes, Mick was the lead developer. He did a great job! Playdayz was the driver - ultimate arbiter or dictator if you prefer - and he DID take on board each and every suggestion. Some people just cannot accept that NO is also an answer!!! :evil:

WhoDo

#174 Post by WhoDo »

puppyluvr wrote:@ Warren......deja-vu????
It is kinda funny... Talk is one thing...But where is "Rob" now??? LMAO...
In spades, Jay! Apparently Rob left Scunny when someone made him a better offer! :lol:

James C

#175 Post by James C »

I'll just paraphrase my post from the other silly thread......

When a participant has to resort to insults and belittlement toward those who disagree the debate is lost

WhoDo

#176 Post by WhoDo »

jonyo wrote:whodo you're just no BK is all
Holy Crap! You got something right at last, jonyo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

puppyite

#177 Post by puppyite »

WhoDo wrote:Not with Puppy! Like it, build your own or leave it! There's enough choice in there for most people except the organisers who want things organised THEIR way. Things are already organised the PUPPY way! That's good enough for most of us.
That's the problem, it's not organised at all your Majesty, it's just a cluster f^uck, with Royalty like yourself passing down decrees.

jonyo

#178 Post by jonyo »

WhoDo wrote:
jonyo wrote:i would say that it behooves a distro to show loyalty to a user-base
Not with Puppy! Like it, build your own or leave it!
a terrible message to leave with users (along with other things you have said) and i doubt you speak officially for puppy

but we shall see

puppyite

#179 Post by puppyite »

WhoDo wrote:
puppyite wrote:
Because it's ill-mannered and insulting!
And I guess I was too demanding when I said "Thank you for your reply".

MinHundHettePerro

#180 Post by MinHundHettePerro »

puppyite wrote:
Right, mate. You post a reply on a thread in a forum, and just 6+ hrs later you indignantly ask why there hasn't been a response yet!!!
(BTW, did you read (and understand) your adversary's preceding post - including his edits (those might have been made for a certain participant of that thread, I'd wager).)
:wink: :wink: :wink:/ MHHP
[color=green]Celeron 2.8 GHz, 1 GB, i82845, many ptns, modes 12, 13
Dual Xeon 3.2 GHz, 1 GB, nvidia quadro nvs 285[/color]
Slackos & 214X, ... and Q6xx
[color=darkred]Nämen, vaf....[/color] [color=green]ln -s /dev/null MHHP[/color]