Windows has Secret NSA Backdoor

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Aitch

#16 Post by Aitch »

[StartRant]What has me concerned is that so many of you find this surprising

Really, given the really sick mentality which we, ourselves allow as our democracy, and pretend it's not there!

Do you not nearly all live in urban areas with security measures - cameras; ostensibly to 'protect' your neighbourhoods, your families/children communities?

And yet are you not also part of the 'technoworld' where PCs and iPods are the norm?

Well, shock horror, where do you think this 'development' is going, that 'spying' is a part of?

Governments all have 'security advisors' who present an agenda for the militarisation of every aspect of our lives, from 'security cameras' to ID systems
Combine these together with a research budget, fuelled by [self-generated] fear, and you have 'the matrix', cyborgs, 6 million dollar man, computer aided-DNA-restructured implants, transhuman robots made from genetically grown 'bodies' which look and feel to the touch, human

BUT; this is no fantasy - it's the reality borne out of turning a blind eye!!
M$ is OK, cameras are OK, anti-terrorism legislation is OK, PCs are OK, iPods are OK, DNA experiments is OK, war is OK

In the near future your kids will be telling you their new toy can operate by thought control, you will be fully monitored 24/7 including a DNA profile, you will be watched by an army of security equipment through walls, be recorded, tagged and rendered harmless to object

I have put several threads here on the boards, and in the main, been met with apathy or disdain, just a few awake individuals have commented

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=28985

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27430

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/pro-fr ... ct146.html

to name a few; & Flash's link

http://thirdworldtraveler.com/Chalmers_ ... mpire.html

enjoy your future - it's coming anyway
Fernandez believes that NSA's built-in loophole can be turned round against the snoopers. The NSA key inside CAPI can be replaced by your own key, and used to sign cryptographic security modules from overseas or unauthorised third parties, unapproved by Microsoft or the NSA. This is exactly what the US government has been trying to prevent. A demonstration "how to do it" program that replaces the NSA key can be found on Cryptonym's [websitelink]
btw: Andrew Fernandez website & link have been shut down! - surprise!!

more 'news' on this and other ideas

http://www.thought-criminal.org/article/node/842

http://www.thought-criminal.org/article/node/1642

http://www.thought-criminal.org/2007/09 ... ntrol-grid

http://www.thought-criminal.org/article/node/1109

http://www.thought-criminal.org/topics/ ... ry-of-love

just a single well known source

and I don't think tinfoil is going to stop it

you know that phrase, 'wake up & smell the coffee'

you have been alerted to possibility of a future coming your way

the way you react to it helps generate it's coming into being

enjoy

Aitch

edit: your starter for 10

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=UMUvM_Dby ... re=related
[/EndRant] :wink:

urban soul
Location: "Killing a nerd is not as much fun as ist sounds" B.Simpson

#17 Post by urban soul »

Either we have to conclude that this is no democracy no more or our society wanted it this way. Neither is pleasent.

The beginning was the statement that it is war-time. (NATO decision 12.Sept.2001)

I never agreed. But now it turns out that war-time will never end and we loose all of our rights.

This is how every good dictatorship began.

That's it.
Edit: Antrax also helped in convincing poeple. I dont believe it is an incident.
Last edited by urban soul on Sun 06 Jul 2008, 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Everitt

#18 Post by Everitt »

Bruce B wrote: Unless you can explain better, I seems to me you are in effecting saying that you're suspicious a crime (tainting of the kernel) has occurred. In a summary sense that is how I interpret your position.

Am I mistaken? If so how?
I'm not saying it has happened, personally I highly doubt that it has. I'm just saying that it's not impossible. I'm saying that we shouldn't have blind faith in the security of our OS.
Really, what I'm saying is if you want to do something that would make looking through your computer worthwhile for the NSA, you're better off with a pen and paper. :)

Bruce B

#19 Post by Bruce B »

Everitt wrote: I'm not saying it has happened, personally I highly doubt that it has. I'm just saying that it's not impossible. I'm saying that we shouldn't have blind faith in the security of our OS.
Everitt,

I don't remember either of us refuting the Windows backdoor or
doubting it.

Is it safe to say we both tend to believe it?

If we both tend to believe it, I think that's a reflection on what we
think both parties are up to and capable of.

Thus a foundation for suspicion.

Before moving, on I'd like to say this connection was figured with
binary in absence of source code. It should be easier to dupe people
with non human readable format than with readable format as we have
in Linux.

---------------------

If you think it's possible, well sure.

How about motive? If we agree there was motive with Windows, it
would be naive to think there is no motive with Linux. Are you with me?

With Linux however, I don't think motive would be mutually shared on
both ends, which if true, brings us to one difference.

This kind of behavior cannot hurt Microsoft. After all, If they have a
front door to your computer, and that's acceptable, and it seems to
be, what difference could it make if there are backdoors?

I'd say you'd have to be a master salesperson and more to persuade
Windows users away from Windows. They don't care in sufficient
quantity to affect the bottom line.

On the other hand I think the Open Source Community cares enough to
publish it and remove the offending code. IF it were discovered.

The only thing we need to know if it exists is, WHERE is it?

How do you hide something under scrutiny in open sight?

I have some ideas, I'll share later, but I'm interested in your thoughts,
how would you hide it?

Bruce

markofkane

#20 Post by markofkane »

It would not matter if it was built into the OS or not, if they can read your files, your email, and your postings through your internet connection., The only way to be safe is not to be connected to the internet or network.

But it would be sooooo boring. (And a lot of programs, and Windows, require an internet connection to to activate, and to validate.)

Bruce B

#21 Post by Bruce B »

markofkane,

I think you're right. Why not get them on the highway? (also)

When on the Information Highway, keep it clean, might be a good
precept to live by.

Bruce

steve_s

#22 Post by steve_s »

To further fan the flames of the conspiracy theorists...

I spoke with a friend who has directly dealt with the NSA. I mentioned this thread...

His response, "Oh, absolutely. How do you think they catch illegal music downloaders so quickly?" He's a linux-er now, too.

8)

El Cid

#23 Post by El Cid »

steve_s wrote:To further fan the flames of the conspiracy theorists...

I spoke with a friend who has directly dealt with the NSA. I mentioned this thread...

His response, "Oh, absolutely. How do you think they catch illegal music downloaders so quickly?" He's a linux-er now, too.

8)
oh good god you are gonna fan those flames with that......but it does beg the question to be asked: exactly how did the music industry court the nsa to help them?

Bruce B

#24 Post by Bruce B »

All the reading I've done about music filesharing and the RIAA has
been about civil law.

A lot has been published about this. Depositions taken, expert
witness. We know how they get their information, even to the point
of harsh cross examination.

Of course if we find a government agency aligning themselves in
nothing more than civil issues and secretly feeding information
AND it was ever proven, the whole thing would flip flop.

It would be a literal field day for the defendants and their attorneys.
Too much money to be obtained. Too much of a slam dunk. It's too
good to be true. Way too good.

shroomy_bee

#25 Post by shroomy_bee »

As folks that work in it have said, "the music industry is a cut-throat business". Or, just look at that Metallica artwork to understand what is really going on in most of it - the one with the angel that is tied up and like forced to sing and play.

What's basically happening is that acoustic talents and live electronic talents are having to pay huge amounts of money to be able to record and produce and press and distribute anything they want heard anyplace other than where-when they are playing it. So there's a HUGE amount of other people who depend on having jobs in all that middleman bit.
Sure, it's much easier recently to make your own music at home, if you have a PC and some instruments and software etc, and you can sell it direct if you want.
It depends what you want to be a musician for - I gather its easier to become a famous celebrity if you are primarily wanting - fame. Coverage in mainstream all-owned-by-the-same-'satan' media. Welcome to the land of the giant ego, where old Greek God legends continue to be played out in gossip columns, and others soap opera lifestyles are embellished upon by dullards starved of anything better to do.

As to kernel spying, built in tracking and that kind of thing......ooooh, the clean kernel I don't think is what anyone so inclined to worry about such things should focus upon. You want to consider what it in the hardware itself and on the chips. How long would it take to check all the circuits........hell, look at the size of those RFID trackers they already put on clothes and things like food products, in all new cars.
If people want to waste their lives spying on others and assimilating data on them - that's up to them. But yeah, it's sucks a lot more if you don't know how to see what those people are in context, so therefore know that it is they who are the ones in chains, in their own little matrixes chomping on IV blue pills and all that. Anything to stop the awareness of reality from dawning on their minds.

I believe though that the NSA may have come up with something useful in the SE kernel. Security wise it does seem a good design, but you would need trained trusted personnel to be in charge of each process or service separately, otherwise you end up with a root-superuser situation anyway.