Puppy 2.12B2 - MUT slight glitch

Please post any bugs you have found
PaulBx1

#16 Post by PaulBx1 »

One other problem with fonts; the "NO NAME" now overlaps the "vfat" filesystem type on the usb flash drives. It didn't do that in 2.11.

I don't know why those two say "NO NAME" and the rest have nothing but periods. A little strange...

WhoDo

#17 Post by WhoDo »

plinej wrote:I'll probably just use pmount instead of MUT anyways since I prefer it now.
Ok, but one thing that MUT has and Pmount doesn't is the ability to click on a ROX box to bring up a file window.

With Pmount the only way I can do that is to unmount and remount the subject drive. I'd prefer to have it the way Jesse handled it in MUT, but I certainly prefer the rest of Pmount including the latest updates.

Cheers

plinej

#18 Post by plinej »

I can probably think of a way to hack pmount to launch rox. I'll work on it when I get a chance.

WhoDo

#19 Post by WhoDo »

plinej wrote:I can probably think of a way to hack pmount to launch rox. I'll work on it when I get a chance.
Thanks, mate. Much appreciated.

plinej

#20 Post by plinej »

I think I've got it done but right now I'm in a heavily modified puppy with no rox (just a script that passes rox commands to emelfm2). I'm going to boot into a fresh Puppy 2.12 to see if it works. Here's a snapshot,
Attachments
pmount-modified.jpg
(93.98 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
Last edited by plinej on Sat 25 Nov 2006, 02:04, edited 2 times in total.

plinej

#21 Post by plinej »

Ok, as you can probably figure out from the picture, just click on the file manager icon of your mounted drive to have rox open up that directory.
Attachments
pmount-modified.tar.gz
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Last edited by plinej on Sat 25 Nov 2006, 05:21, edited 6 times in total.

WhoDo

#22 Post by WhoDo »

plinej wrote:Ok, as you can probably figure out from the picture, just click on the file manager icon of your mounted drive to have rox open up that directory.
Yeehah! Great job, mate. Now I've got the very best of both worlds. Thanks for that! :D

Cheers

plinej

#23 Post by plinej »

I just tweaked it again if you want to re-download. Just a few minor things including inverting the drive numbers so your partitions run down in order now. I just updated the picture above too.

WhoDo

#24 Post by WhoDo »

plinej wrote:I just tweaked it again if you want to re-download. Just a few minor things including inverting the drive numbers so your partitions run down in order now. I just updated the picture above too.
Yep. I've got it! Excellent! Works like a charm! Thanks again, mate.

Cheers

plinej

#25 Post by plinej »

I uploaded another updated version found above. I took out the part of the gui that displayed "Mounted on" instead I just made the /dev/whatever change to /mnt/whatever when the drive is mounted. I multiplied the size outputs by 1.024 so they're displayed more closely to mut's output (as you can see in the picture above). I also changed the output to show in GB's when the drive is at least 1 GB otherwise it will show in MB's. It also contains the other various updates I've already mentioned.

gliezl

#26 Post by gliezl »

GuestToo wrote: in other words, Mut seems to be working properly on my machine

but my dev_save is vfat ... Mut says yours is ntfs
I tried it with another machine with NTFS drive. Same thing, MUT mounts ntfs on /mnt/dev_save without the initrd at the beginning. Rox would have trouble with that. In vfat there's no problem. We'll anyway, I won't use MUT for now & thanks to plinej for a modified pmount script. Works perfectly in my pc. :-)
[color=blue][i]"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
~Margaret Fuller[/i][/color]