Dpup Exprimo 5.X.15

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
DaveS

#141 Post by DaveS »

Probably worth mentioning the F11 bug in JWM is very much present, so DONT switch your Mozilla or Opera browser to full screen as there is no way back.
This is a JWM thing we have to live with :(
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#142 Post by pemasu »

Dave S. Thank you. That means that separate z...sfs means big problems for many.

I have soon made my next build. Last minutes additions also suggested by Radky.

I traced the obsolete icons to the PuppyPin file. I had copied wrong file there when I updated Radky`s Pupcontrol to the PuppyPin icon. Lol.

pemasu

#143 Post by pemasu »

Dave S. Yes. I already found that bug still kicks nicely. I had some hard moments to get rid of it.

DaveS

#144 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:Pnethood started scanning with clarf_pnethood.
Psync added. New jwm theme Dave S has made matching 23oz jwm theme. It will be default jwm theme in 5004. Thank you Dave S. And thank you all of your bug findings. Many of them are fixed.

I have also next trial for PUI.
This JWM theme has transparency enabled. To use it, you need to load xcompmgr. There are several ways of doing this, but I add this line to /root/.xinitrc

Code: Select all

xcompmgr -c -C &
I insert it at line 169 so it looks like this

Code: Select all

# rox -p /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin
#fi

xcompmgr -c -C &

#exec $CURRENTWM
#v2.11 GuestToo suggested this improvement...
which $CURRENTWM && exec $CURRENTWM
[ -x $CURRENTWM ] && exec $CURRENTWM
exec jwm

###END###

You can also load it via a script in /root/Startup/, but that causes an annoying flash in the display about 3 sec after the desktop loads.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Jim1911

#145 Post by Jim1911 »

I finally tried radky's WM switcher which worked great. Also, while using JWM, I was able to use the CUPS printer wizard to install my printer. JWM doesn't have the problem I reported using E17.

pemasu

#146 Post by pemasu »

Jim1911. Definitively a bug needed to repost in Iguleders thread. e17 is atm out of my comfortable area.

DaveS

#147 Post by DaveS »

There is a little binary missing from /usr/bin/ called gtrayicon
I dont know what it does for sure but it is needed for tinygmc, the Gmail checker, and probably the most useful add on to Puppy that I have :)
It is present in the main sfs for both Spup1 and Lucid, so I am guessing other programs use it too.
Attachments
gtrayicon.pet
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Jim1911

#148 Post by Jim1911 »

pemasu wrote:Jim1911. Definitively a bug needed to repost in Iguleders thread. e17 is atm out of my comfortable area.
Done, thanks for the reminder.

pemasu

#149 Post by pemasu »

Dave S. There seems to be several tray applications which use it. Barry Kauler has packaged gtrayicon_network, neurino has his fmradio, and so on...I remember that Pwireless2 used it also.
I add it.

radky

#150 Post by radky »

Jim1911 wrote:I finally tried radky's WM switcher which worked great..
01micko is the creator of WM Switcher, and we have him to thank for a very nice program. :)

DaveS

#151 Post by DaveS »

View System Information option button on shutdown dialogue does not work as Hardinfo is not installed.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

pemasu

#152 Post by pemasu »

Now, I have hard decisions. I have my compiled exiftool, which is smaller than dpup repo version, but still big. It is needed dependency for fotoxx. It will make, with all the other additions, the iso size over that 256 mb ram is enough to load this into the ram.

Well, this is experimental testing phase, and Iguleders builds probably will stay under it.

I dont have traditionally much boundaries of my puplets size.

So, I will build this now and lets see......

pemasu

#153 Post by pemasu »

Hardinfo is already included to the 5004 build. It is one of those little bigger apps I have added.
There are also LHP_sys_info, xfdiff-cut, xdelta, Puppyluvrs new Devtools rox app in my-applications bin folder. I havent checked otherwise than it launches. In that folder are also natgeo2008 and 2009 scripts to download a lot beautiful national geograhics wallpapers, hundreds of them with single mouse click.
Last edited by pemasu on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

#154 Post by DaveS »

pemasu wrote:Hardinfo is already included to the 5004 build. It is one of those little bigger apps I have added.
There are also LHP_sys_info, xfdiff-cut, xdelta, Puppyluvrs new Devtools rox app in my-application bin folder. I havent checked otherwise that it launches. In that folder are also natgeo2008 and 2009 script to download a lot beautiful national geograhics wallpapers, hundreds of them with single mouse click.s
5004 sounds impressive.............
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

gcmartin

#155 Post by gcmartin »

Deleted....DDouble PPost!
Last edited by gcmartin on Wed 03 Aug 2011, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

gcmartin

Reference to ISO-RAM needs

#156 Post by gcmartin »

I hope this helps.

When you provide, as you have done in the past and now, some reference to sizing and maybe the PC types you envision supporting with your distro, this helps the community understand a target platform for exploiting the services your distros provide.

The functionality that comes with your implementations is why some/many of us follow your designs.

This, the ISO size, and your references is truly a help for us.

Thanks

pemasu

#157 Post by pemasu »

Gcmartin. Iso size has been posted to the first page all the time. What this dpup puplet offers. I have posted one explanation already, when Beem asked.

Main target is testing, improvind, giving feedback to Iguleder and making this puplet useful in the same time. Every version evolves. I have added a lot applications based of feedback.

I have my laptop tools added, kernel is new, so it supports new hw. I lack firmwares for all around support but adding them is endless job, there comes all the time new devices.

To whom my builds are not targeted, old dial phone modem users. I have noticed that supporting them needs Barry Kauler and Rerwin. Wary builds or older puppies are better suited for them.

Otherwise. People who follow this thread and Iguleders thread are the main target group. They have showed interest and so...I listen to them.

Also keep in mind that these builds are my main os atm. I try to make these builds also useful for me and I have fairly new laptop.

pemasu

#158 Post by pemasu »

5.0.0.4 is uploading. I succeeded creating booting usb stick with PUI. Fs was ext3.

pemasu

#159 Post by pemasu »

Dpup Squeeze has been uploaded. The changes are about posted above. Main fix hopefully is that PUI might work now. Those small bugs reported are fixed. Big problems like xorg behavior with certain languages, keyboards etc...remains.

For eye candy there are 2 nice scripts (originally posted by dejan555 to the our forum) which downloads National Geographics nature wallpapers in /root/my-applications/bin. There are also some other scripts. I use that translate script to translate single words fi-en-fi. Might work in other language pairs also. There is also brand new Puppluvr created DevTools. It needs straight clicking, it does not work from console. Other scripts are found straight, folder is in the path.

So...in console just for example: natgeo2008.sh. Only warning. I havent modified those scripts and they download wallpapers into /root, filling up it quite a lot.

I will make proper first page description tomorrow.

Download link for 5.0.0.4: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupSque ... e_5.0.0.4/

scsijon

#160 Post by scsijon »

DaveS wrote:Probably worth mentioning the F11 bug in JWM is very much present, so DONT switch your Mozilla or Opera browser to full screen as there is no way back.
This is a JWM thing we have to live with :(
Alternately use ff3.6.18, the f11 bug didn't appear until v4/5 appeared, I wonder how the jwm maintainer is going in tracking and fixing it.

downloading 5004 now....

scsijon