Puppy Gamers Unite!

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
steve_s

#101 Post by steve_s »

MrSchism, Max Uglee and others: good suggestions, but I mentioned at the start that I'm not a gamer. So, if you have a suggestion, give it a shot a la puppy and tell us how it goes. And/or give us links...all good stuff.
8)

Max Uglee

#102 Post by Max Uglee »

Ok, sorry man. I am going to see if I can get it to work in puppy. I have compiled a few things from source in ubuntu but not in puppy. If it works out I will try to learn to make a .pup.

steve_s

#103 Post by steve_s »

Max Uglee wrote:Ok, sorry man. I am going to see if I can get it to work in puppy. I have compiled a few things from source in ubuntu but not in puppy. If it works out I will try to learn to make a .pup.
Any luck? I can tell you that making a .pet file (which is what they are these days) is amazingly easy once you know where everything goes. You can look at Barry's site as it lists out the how to on it, but basically you create a folder that has all the areas where your program would be then run a few scripts (dir2pet for example) and its made.

For example, when I do a jwm theme i'll make a new folder theme-name/root/.jwm/themes/new-theme then run dir2pet theme-name/ and it sets it all up. I know a game would be more complicated, but that's just the idea...

Max Uglee

#104 Post by Max Uglee »

steve_s wrote:Any luck?
Not so much :(. I have gotten into too many projects lately and haven't really had much time to try again. I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Puppyt

#105 Post by Puppyt »

No help to anybody, but I think a cool logo for a gaming puppy would be the official rastapax+afgs logo http://www.puppylinux.com/blog/?viewDetailed=00100 with a crosshair over its right eye...

alex12

#106 Post by alex12 »

May I suggest AssaultCube (a Cube mod with realistic gameplay) and Hedgewars (an open source Worms clone).