Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 22 Jan 2020, 05:45
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Trendnet TEW-423PI (acx100 driver DotPup needed)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
edoc

PostPosted: Mon 28 Nov 2005, 20:46    Post subject:  Trendnet TEW-423PI (acx100 driver DotPup needed)  

Since there is a Hardware-specific area I thought I'd post this here as well.

I have purchased two Trendnet TEW-423PI wireless pci nics.

tempestuous has posted a driver but I cannot get it to install.

Any chance someone can create a DotPup for this?

These nics are only $12.99 after rebate so they are a good match to the inexpensive side of Puppy hardware specs.

Thanks! doc

TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603
jackieflorida

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jun 2008, 09:53    Post subject: Trendnet TEW-423PI (acx100 driver DotPup needed)
Subject description: My success using ndswrapper with this card.

I have been using Trendnet wifi adapters (pci cards and usb dongles) for a few years in Windows and found them to be excellent. They are at the low end in pricing for wifi adapters and often have good rebates. I was picking them up at CompUSA at $4.95 after rebate. I can strongly recommend them.

I was pleasantly surprised at their excellent performance. It was necessary to go online to download their latest driver version to get the performance. Their tech support told me to do this and it has been worth it in Windows.

Also I have had other well respected brands fail after weeks or months of use. The Trendnet adapters have not failed me after many months of use up to this point.

I just installed Trendnet TEW-423PI PCI card in my Puppy4 computer today. The default driver installed during boot did not work. So I put in the shipped CD, used Ndiswrapper and rebooted. Again I was pleasantly surprised to see excellent performance this time in Puppy4.

I used the Win98 driver since I have seen that recommended in this forum. And I used the shipped CD just to see the results of that driver. I will be getting their latest driver and repeating this operation and seeing if it makes a difference as in Windows.

One problem encountered with downloaded drivers, as opposed to those shipped with the adapters, is that they tend to be in compressed format with the .inf file hidden in the CAB files. Granted the CAB files can be extracted but it is significantly more work.

Right now I am delighted with the way it working out of the box with Ndiswrapper.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Jump to: