Simple Screen Recorder

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
hamoudoudou

What a good surprise to find Xvidcap

#41 Post by hamoudoudou »

What a good surprise to find Xvidcap available for download with Synaptic. Not listed in XenialDog, but perfectly working as usual in StretchDog
Not tried. I first browse Menu to check if something new There are many apps unknown by Puppy Linux users.
Dogs think about having many customers from Puppy. From where could they come, when posting in The Puppy Linux discussion Forum.. ?
Attachments
Xvidcap.jpg
SSR and Xvidcap , the best couple
(28.02 KiB) Downloaded 299 times

greengeek

Re: What a good surprise to find Xvidcap

#42 Post by greengeek »

hamoudoudou wrote:What a good surprise to find Xvidcap available for download with Synaptic.
Which puppy?
cheers!

mikeslr

#43 Post by mikeslr »

Hi g/g,

hamoudoudou got XVidcap using synaptic -- so he was on one of the "Dogs", not a Puppy. But it doesn't matter. There's an XVidcap-1.1.7.pet which will run under any 32-bit Puppy; and on one of the FatDog64 repos a 64-bit version which will run under any 64-bit Puppy. I think I got the 32-bit version from PuppyRus on ibiblio.

The problem I've encountered with any XVidCap is getting it to record sound.

mikesLr

hamoudoudou

several to feed back the same, including Dorothée.

#44 Post by hamoudoudou »

recording sound ! it seems incredible. I have been using xvidcap for years now with quite all puppies and never i had a problem for register my comments while screencasting. I believe you. You are several to feed back the same, including Dorothée.
Why do i underline that xvidcap is available for the Dogs ? Sure i don't want to stop devs to dev. But they have to know the both SSR and Xvidcap are available for their usage. And they are not Puppy's home made apps, if ever they consider our apps not 'trusty'

hamoudoudou

silence..

#45 Post by hamoudoudou »

silence..

greengeek

Re: silence..

#46 Post by greengeek »

hamoudoudou wrote:silence..
Hi dd, do you know of an xvidcap package that will run on Slacko 5.6?
cheers,
gg

hamoudoudou

#47 Post by hamoudoudou »

ibiblio;org Puppyrus has xvidcap 1.1.7, Asri edu too.. I will advise later..
No audio is surprising.. very surprising because xvidcap includes all what is needed... For Slacko , for any Puppy, any Linux..
xvidcap-1.1.7.pet

greengeek

#48 Post by greengeek »

hamoudoudou wrote:ibiblio;org Puppyrus has xvidcap 1.1.7,
I just did a search on"ibiblio xvidcap" and it threw up this link: http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/ibiblio_puppylinux.html where i was able to find xvidcap 1.1.6 which works fine for me on a Slacko 5.6 derivative. No problem with sound.

SSR is much more polished and still my preferred screencapture utility but xvidcap has it's place for sure.

- Having said that I understand that wiak's "weX" allows the user to move the capture window whilst recording so that is a feature that would be nice to have.

hamoudoudou

#49 Post by hamoudoudou »

I remember that xvidcap can move window when recording.. Caution that makes CPU foolish, pixels are moving to much. Better pause move window and start again.