Joined: 29 May 2005 Posts: 3053 Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sat 24 Feb 2007, 08:33 Post subject:
Network wizard 2.15-1 (Feb 24, 2007)
I will keep three threads.
- This one that will have the latest version I consider stable. I will keep changing the title and date to reflect the most recent version.
- Another where I am asking for testers to work (and bear) with me debugging issues.
- Another for you to add your wish list for the wizard.
I list them in that order because if you are looking for a network wizard feature you should first check if it is already implemented, then check if it is a work in progress, and finally if I haven't considered it, add it to the wishlist.
Network wizard features
- One wizard for Cabled Ethernet and WiFi wireless networks
- Load network module driver if the right module wasn't loaded automatically at boot
- Support for ndiswrapper allowing the user to load the windows driver from within the wizard (always check first if there is a native linux driver that works with your card)
- Support for auto DHCP and static IP acquisition
- Support for Wireless Network scanning (if the wireless driver supports scanning)
- Configuration for Open wireless networks (Unencrypted)
- Configuration for WEP encrypted wireless networks
- Configuration for WPA-PSK/TKIP wireless networks with either 64 hex or ASCII passkey
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum