LibreOffice + language packs (latest version: 6.1.4)

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
vicmz

#341 Post by vicmz »

Thank you, Puppus. Sorry for not being arround more often to keep the thread up to date

Puppus Dogfellow

#342 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

vicmz wrote:Thank you, Puppus. Sorry for not being arround more often to keep the thread up to date
you're welcome, vic. no problem.

michel804

Problem with Libre Office 4.4.3 64-bit,created by Xanad

#345 Post by michel804 »

I downloaded the sfs file for my frugal install of Slacko64 6.3.2 but I could not open it. I get an error message (See screenshot)
What am I missing?
Thanks
Michel
Attachments
LO_problem1.png
Trying to open Libre Office Writer
(72.17 KiB) Downloaded 502 times

mikeslr

/root/%U problem

#346 Post by mikeslr »

You're probably not missing anything. My best guess is that somehow the Exec= argument in /usr/share/applications/LibreOffice Writer.desktop ends with a %U. Other distros need that; Puppies do not. But if your LibreOffice is like mine, the file in /usr/share/applications is only a symbolic link to one in /opt/LibreOffice. Where ever the actual file is, open it in geany and delete the %U. Save the change. While your in that folder, check to see if other LIbreOffice desktop files also include a %U, and delete them. Then restart-x. Remember to Save so that the changes you've made become part of your SaveFile/Folder which will take precedence over the builtin file.

mikesLr

michel804

#347 Post by michel804 »

Thank you very much for this answer, mikesir. When you say to "Remember to Save so that the changes you've made become part of your SaveFile/Folder which will take precedence over the builtin file. ", you are talking about saving the changes using the text editor like Geany, right?

Puppus Dogfellow

desktop files and icons for sfs installation issues

#348 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

libre6.1.desktops.pet

pet overwrites icons and desktop files from the sfs with sets copied from my 6.1 pet install. adding the icons was probably unnecessary, but this should fix any sfs installation's .desktop and menu entry problems.

(pet shouldn't be necessary and the redundant icon install will do no harm, but if the LO 6.1 sfs doesn't launch for you, try this)

hth

mikeslr

#349 Post by mikeslr »

michel804 wrote:When you say to "Remember to Save so that the changes you've made become part of your SaveFile/Folder which will take precedence over the builtin file. ", you are talking about saving the changes using the text editor like Geany, right?
That to. As you have a Frugal Install unless you execute a Save, either manually via a Save Icon on your desktop, Save entry on your Menu, or select Save on shudown/reboot, the changes (edits) you make will not be preserved. Until then, they only exist in Random Access Memory which is cleared on shutdown/reboot. So that was the "Save" of system/configuration changes I was referring to.

Explanation: On bootup of a Frugally installed Puppy, it copies into RAM some files from those files you have on your Storage Media (CD, Hard-drive, USB-Key) and creates links (inodes) to where the rest of the files pertaining to that application of module are to be found. As you use an application, those links are followed in order to locate those parts of an application you now need and copy any required file into RAM. So, your actual Operating System is always in RAM.

When an application SFS, such as LibreOffice.sfs is loaded into that system, some of its files are also copied into RAM, and the links (inodes) created point to the rest of the application (including configuration files and the desktop files) in the SFS. Puppies, however, are structured to give priority to files in the SaveFile/Folder. When you configure an application, or substitute a file, or edit a desktop file, you are also creating a new link or changing the link (inode) as to where a required file (and its contents) is to be located. But that change only exists in RAM until you execute a "system" Save, which writes it into your SaveFile/Folder in storage, and changes the inode (link) to the file now in your SaveFile/Folder.

mikesLr

mikeslr

Unwanted italicazations -- LibreWriter 60.1_64_en-us_xz.sfs

#350 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

I'm using LibreWriter 60.1_64_en-us_xz.sfs on two computers. Whenever I press the "/" key LibreWriter italicizes the text which is then typed. Rather annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this?

How does one turn that effect off?

mikesLr

Puppus Dogfellow

Re: Unwanted italicazations -- LibreWriter 60.1_64_en-us_xz.sfs

#352 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

mikeslr wrote:Hi All,

I'm using LibreWriter 60.1_64_en-us_xz.sfs on two computers. Whenever I press the "/" key LibreWriter italicizes the text which is then typed. Rather annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this?

How does one turn that effect off?

mikesLr
checked it with a 64 bit LibreOffice 6.1.3 pet and it doesn't happen for me. maybe check your autocorrect or autotext settings--sounds like what it used to do on my setups when i typed three consecutive asterisks followed by a return--it would automatically turn them into a solid line across the page. the fix was to blank the autotext (or autocorrect) entry for it (it's been a while, and the gui has changed, but i think it used to be under tools or formatting).

hth

recobayu

#354 Post by recobayu »

libreoffice-6.2.0+latex small + texmath
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1luTcd ... J9l0Nt0eOL

Puppus Dogfellow

6.2.0 32/64 sfs and pet

#355 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

LibreOffice-6.2.0_64_en-US_xz.pet
LibreOffice-6.2.0_64_en-US_xz.sfs
LibreOffice-6.2.0_en-US_xz.pet
LibreOffice-6.2.0_en-US_xz.sfs

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:libre6.1.desktops.pet

pet overwrites icons and desktop files from the sfs with sets copied from my 6.1 pet install. adding the icons was probably unnecessary, but this should fix any sfs installation's .desktop and menu entry problems.

(pet shouldn't be necessary and the redundant icon install will do no harm, but if the LO 6.1 sfs doesn't launch for you, try this)

hth
from desktop files and icons for sfs installation issues

here's the 6.2 version:
libre6.2.desktops.pet

to reuse icons you may have dragged to choice positions on your desktop, right click the icon, select edit, and change the 6.1 to 6.2. (i find this easier than deleting the old and dragging in the new).

fwiw, there's now a "tabbed" interface choice available, but it seems it's just a new way to group menu items--there's apparently still no browser-like tab function (which i find a bit disappointing).

anyway, enjoy.

peebee

Re: 622 32/64 sfs and pet

#357 Post by peebee »

Hi Puppus Dogfellow

Many thanks for these sfs which I've just tried to use as my usual source - AlienBob - seems to be busy with "real life" and has stuck at 6.1.4 for the time being.

A few questions if I may:
- how do you make the sfs? from what source?
- other builders (AlienBob and ArchLinux) use /usr/lib rather than /opt - interested to know why you use /opt ?
- I want LO to run on LxPupSc but find that there are dependencies (avahi and gstreamer) needed by your sfs that are missing. What system did you build on?

I have made a script that changes your build from /opt to /usr/lib, adds in a GB language pack (taken from ArchLinux32), adds the missing dependencies and resquashes with -comp xz - b 1024K (176MB sfs results)

and this is now running OK on LxPupSc :D

I don't want to get into making LO myself other than for my own use but could make the script available if anybody is interested.

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Puppus Dogfellow

Re: 622 32/64 sfs and pet

#358 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

peebee wrote:
Hi Puppus Dogfellow

Many thanks for these sfs which I've just tried to use as my usual source - AlienBob - seems to be busy with "real life" and has stuck at 6.1.4 for the time being.

A few questions if I may:
- how do you make the sfs? from what source?
- other builders (AlienBob and ArchLinux) use /usr/lib rather than /opt - interested to know why you use /opt ?
- I want LO to run on LxPupSc but find that there are dependencies (avahi and gstreamer) needed by your sfs that are missing. What system did you build on?

I have made a script that changes your build from /opt to /usr/lib, adds in a GB language pack (taken from ArchLinux32), adds the missing dependencies and resquashes with -comp xz - b 1024K (176MB sfs results)

and this is now running OK on LxPupSc :D

I don't want to get into making LO myself other than for my own use but could make the script available if anybody is interested.

Cheers
peebee
hi, peebee.

this time around the 64bit package was made on bionicpup64-798. the 32 bit version was made with your latest bionicpup build as of maybe a week ago (8.0 but i don't know if it's been updated since).

as the first post says, i use 01micko's utility to make the sfs, and the asterisk's utility to make the pet from it. it's never not run for me out of the default locations, so i've never had to make any adjustments (i remember an early version of april needing extra dependencies, but that was an early quirky build. i don't recall the slackos needing anything extra...).

i wasn't aware of /usr/lib as a place common for installation--from the name i would guess it's got a bunch of those little amoeba/jigsaw icons in it and little by the way of program folders (not that i can ever recall checking).

i can host your script and a heads up as to how to use it in the libre office folder in my repo if that's okay with you.

if you've got replacement scripts for the two utilities i use that would be okay for all pups i could start making xz packages--i think rerwin has some scripts that will allow older pups to use xz pets and sfses--i can put those in the same folder with an explanation as to why they're there.

doubt it matters, but the 32 bit package was made on a 64 bit machine. more importantly, thank you, peebee, for all you do (i recently downloaded scpups 32 and 64 and will likely try some flash drive installations in the near future, and i've got bb32 set up as a back up on relatively new i3 machine (booting from disc--still haven't really played around with this machine much)).

thanks again.

--puppus

Puppus Dogfellow

623 32/64 sfs and pet

#359 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

Last edited by Puppus Dogfellow on Sun 28 Apr 2019, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

ally

#360 Post by ally »

"LibreOffice-6.2.3_64_en-US_xz.sfs" bad link...

:)