Posted: Tue 20 Mar 2018, 05:25 Post subject:
How to use D-link wireless N 150 USB adapter in Wary?
Hi! How do I install a driver for my D-link Wireless N 150 USB Adapter (DWA-125). I run Wary puppy from a USB on an old HP computer with winXP. In windows the drivers are already installed, but wary cant find it ( i thought dogs could find drivers by the smell).
I still have the CDs with drivers if necessary, but those are exe files, and I don't know how to run these in Wary.
But, we are already here and the moderator of the forum will probably move the topic, when he sees it.
Need more info:
What specific version of Wary Puppy?
To see exactly what you see do this:
menu->Setup->Internet Connection Wizard->Wired or wireless LAN->Network Wizard
Network Wizard wireless connection steps.
1. Select Network Wizard
2. Select wlan0 (your network card may have a different description)
3. Select Wireless in the Configure wireless network box.
4. Select Scan and your ESSID should come up.
5. Select your ESSID and OK
6. Give a name to your profile. It should already be what you selected in step 5.
7. Encryption. Most people use WPA/TKIP - select it or WPA2.
8. A box will open for you to write the WPA password. It is called a Shared Key. Enter the password.
9. Leave the other boxes as they are. Rarely do these need adjustment.
9. Select Save
10. Select Use This Profile
11. A box will appear showing Puppy trying to connect
12. A box will come up “REPORT ON TEST 0f wlan0CONNECTION”
13. Select Auto DHCP in the Configure interface box and it will go through a handshake routine. and declare itself successful
14. Select done
If something does not work.
You do what?
You see what?
Also make sure your system's time zone setting is correct - if not, many website's certificates then act as if they are expired, and the webpage won't display. _________________ I have found, in trying to help people, that the things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum