input method for difficult languages: Chinese, Devanagari

Programs intended to teach, or to help one learn or study a specific subject - this includes educational games.
oui

input method for difficult languages: Chinese, Devanagari

#1 Post by oui »

a great part of our world DOESN'T SPEAK / WRITE / READ English!

to communicate with them, not being able to read some English or else, we have to write in her mother tongue!

to groups of mother tongues were not taken in consideration as the personal computer world did start out the sight of occidental people:

- semitic tongues (Hebrew, Arabic etc.). For her, I have actually no easy solution

- far east tongues (Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese etc.), using a set of characters more than an alphabet or terrible complicate alphabets not for characters but for syllabes like Hindi / Devanagari / Sanskrit).

It can be very important in Education to be able themself in such languages with pupils or as a teatcher!

For the most free operations systems, it is a very hard thing! install and start those

input methods

is difficult and require experience!

excepted

you use an online input system :lol: :idea: :wink:

and this site

https://www.inputking.com/

give you access to a terminal able to do that.

See the picture concerning the choices:
Attachments
InputKing.jpg
(65.97 KiB) Downloaded 615 times

oui

#2 Post by oui »

remarque: it is not my responability, that English drivers drive left on the street... scientific people says that it was so since the humans exist! but today? I don't know! perhaps it is the reason why arabic doesn't directly appear in the field of choices, but publicity left seems to bring you to a webpage more adequate! try it if you have to write Hebrew or Arabic, the sibbling's languages...

bjn

#3 Post by bjn »

I added some more resources for multilingual use here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 427#985427