How to fix library errors in Slacko-6.3.2?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Lassar

How to fix library errors in Slacko-6.3.2?

#1 Post by Lassar »

Trying to get kodi to work in Slacko-6.3.2.

Code: Select all

./kodi.bin: /lib/liblzma.so.5: no version information available (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtinyxml.so.2.6.2)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtinyxml.so.2.6.2)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtag.so.1)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtag.so.1)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libssh.so.4)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /lib/libgcrypt.so.20)
./kodi.bin: /lib/liblzma.so.5: no version information available (required by /lib/libsystemd.so.0)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libkeyutils.so.1: version `KEYUTILS_1.5' not found (required by /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3)
There is no errors in the LDD output.

For example, is there a utility, that I could add the version info to a library.

And what do I do about `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get fix these errors.

musher0

Re: Fix library errors in Slacko-6.3.2

#2 Post by musher0 »

Lassar wrote:Trying to get kodi to work in Slacko-6.3.2.

Code: Select all

./kodi.bin: /lib/liblzma.so.5: no version information available (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./kodi.bin)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtinyxml.so.2.6.2)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtinyxml.so.2.6.2)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtag.so.1)
./kodi.bin: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /usr/lib/libtag.so.1)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libssh.so.4)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libgpg-error.so.0: no version information available (required by /lib/libgcrypt.so.20)
./kodi.bin: /lib/liblzma.so.5: no version information available (required by /lib/libsystemd.so.0)
./kodi.bin: /lib/libkeyutils.so.1: version `KEYUTILS_1.5' not found (required by /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3)
There is no errors in the LDD output.

For example, is there a utility, that I could add the version info to a library.

And what do I do about `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get fix these errors.
Hello, Lassar.

The difference in glibc versions in your listing is telling me that this Kodi was
NOT compiled on this Slacko.

Also the last one is obvious: Kodi wants libkeyutils version 1.5 whereas Slacko
is providing version 1. Installing version 1.5 should shut up that error.

About libcrypto, it is a twin of openssl, and they have to be of the same version.
Probably the Linux this Kodi was compiled on had a certain openssl version, and
Slacko probably has a different version. These security apps are very fussy: a
difference of just one subversion number will trip them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About a tool: I know of none.

I can't remember if it is jamesbond or cthisbear who knows a couple of tricks to
twist the version numbers in an exec or library to match the glibc of another app.
He explained it to me once. But this procedure involves direct hex editing, you
need to know exactly what you are doing, what byte to change. IIRC, you have
to create a small "crutches" file, too. (Not named "crutches", obviously!)

If I may: it could be simpler for you to re-compile this Kodi for this Slacko.
Recompiling Kodi for this Slacko will certainly eliminate discrepancies in the glibc
versions. You may be asked to install a couple of additional libraries, but that is
simpler than direct hex editing, you can be sure!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silly of me, I should have asked at the start:
was this Kodi installed using this Slacko's PPM? If not, why not? The solution to
your troubles may be right there.

IHTH.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Lassar

#3 Post by Lassar »

There is very few packages puppy package manager.

I think I looked and did not see any.

Don't know which version of slackware is in the latest official slacko puppy 32 bits.

Am thinking, that the slackware versions might have been different.

Just created a woof-ce slacko for a new version of kodipup lite.

I know which slackware version this one is for.

I am going to try to download the kodi slackware packages , and dependencies.

Got the woof-ce slacko iso down to 152 mb.

When I get kodi added to this the iso size will increase.