Getting Puppy to Recognize Phone or Tablet via USB Cable??

Using applications, configuring, problems
slavvo67

Getting Puppy to Recognize Phone or Tablet via USB Cable??

#1 Post by slavvo67 »

I have had some success in the 32 bit Puppy world with MTP Connect but I haven't had success yet in the 64 bit Xerus world.

I am looking for suggestions as to what works to recognize connected tablets and/or phones via USB.. The 64 bit go-mtpfs for MTP Connect was not helpful, unfortunately.

Best,

Slavvo67

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Is that a factory cable you're using or an aftermarket? Did you reboot after the install?
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

slavvo67

#3 Post by slavvo67 »

I am almost certain that it's the original cable being used. Tried connecting before and after reboot; with no success. I'll get something to work but I'm trying to take a shortcut and see if there were already solutions out there.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Solutions? Keep in mind you haven't spec'd -- ANYTHING.

I may not be rcrsn51 or tempestuous, but SC's R particular to hw. This is available in PPM. Have U had time 2 sample?

slavvo67

#5 Post by slavvo67 »

Hi Semme:

Sometimes, I don't "spec things" by design. Yes, I have a not so nice Kyocera phone and a nicer HP Slate Tablet but these are far from the only items that I could possibly want to connect. So my question was more general and less specific to reasonably encompass as many products/solutions as possible. Keeping in mind I may want to add such a solution to RU Xerus as a built in option for others, as well.

After rebooting multiple times and resetting my phone it seems the mtpfs_1.1-5_amd64.deb finally worked and mounted the phone. Haven't tested the tablet, yet. Interesting that while it recognized files on the phone, it did not recognize those on the memory card. Phone's not rooted, so perhaps that's why. I am using Quirky Xerus for testing and connecting.

As it stands, mtpfs seems more quirky than... well, Quirky but at least it seems with patience and multiple resetting of both computer and phone, it finally worked.

Now, I'm trying to see if anyone had better results with what they use in the 64bit arena. By the way, jmtpfs did not recognize the phone. Not sure how it will do on the tablet.

And... thank you for your response. Your suggestions were appreciated.

Slavvo67

watchdog

#6 Post by watchdog »

rcrsn51 has an experimental CamPhoneTab 64 bit which he send by request. I have it and I used it successfully with android tablets and smartphones. I suggest to send a PM to rcrsn51.

Semme

#7 Post by Semme »

Forgot that I also use CPT (32b) -- with reasonable consistency.

As for 64bit, I've found Fatdog's "simple-mtpfs" both stable & reliable.

Anniekin

#8 Post by Anniekin »

Oh... go-mtpfs is 164MB from the Xeruspup64 PPM?