Dropbox Filemanager

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
BarryK
Puppy Master

#81 Post by BarryK »

This is great!

I have posted to my blog:

http://bkhome.org/news/201712/gtk-stock ... ssing.html

The problem is, icons were missing, in buttons and in window title-bar.

I fixed it. I suppose it is because of the version of gtk that I am using, 2.24.31.

If you change icon="gtk-xxxx" to stock="gtk-xxxx", does it work in your older pup?
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

mikeb

#82 Post by mikeb »

'Stock' does indeed work for older pups.
As for the window icon behaviour I assume that 'icon-name' is still used and then add the icon to ...erm... icons as described.

You may also be referring to the samba share gui that I did some code for after Micko and may have therefore been subject to the same icon problems.

I will post an update once this and some minor changes have been tested out.

Also the recent Google file manager from fred may need similar fixes.

mike

slavvo67

#83 Post by slavvo67 »

Barryk: I needed those icons, too so thanks for that!

Mikeb: Thanks again!

Moat

#84 Post by Moat »

Mike Walsh wrote:Hey, Mike; it's great to see ya back..! :D
+2! Healthy, happy and cozy on the boat, I hope.

Bob

mikeb

#85 Post by mikeb »

Cosy NOT on the boat..... long hairy story. :)

Ok promised update.... spaces bug, help dialog and hopefully icons sorted for all pups.......

By the way just brought me 2001 compaq deskpro back to life...needed a new real time clock crystal and seems the pinout does not match newer crystal either...so a bit chuffed and using it now.

mike

rufwoof

#86 Post by rufwoof »

mikeb wrote:Cosy NOT on the boat..... long hairy story. :)
Damn hippies.

Good to c u back Mike

mikeb

#87 Post by mikeb »

Ok it seems if a share link has been made using older dropbox methods and possibly only in the 'Public' folder, link generation fails miserably defaulting to a link for the whole 'Public' folder. Changing the domain in the link did not seem to help .
This appears to be a dropbox issue and I cannot think of a workaround apart from do not make fresh share links ...... hmmm not exactly scientific.

mike

fredx181

#88 Post by fredx181 »

mikeb wrote:Ok it seems if a share link has been made using older dropbox methods and possibly only in the 'Public' folder, link generation fails miserably defaulting to a link for the whole 'Public' folder. Changing the domain in the link did not seem to help .
This appears to be a dropbox issue and I cannot think of a workaround apart from do not make fresh share links ...... hmmm not exactly scientific.

mike
Probably not as bad as you seem to think , links provided by 'Share Url' from dropbox GUI do work for me (also from Public folder).
Fact is that dropbox changed things for Public folder(beginning of this year), so that links created and shared before that won't work anymore, see also Geoffrey's post in Truly off-topic conversations here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 329#948329

Fred

mikeb

#89 Post by mikeb »

Hmm all the links had I redid under the version 1 api after the 'Public' folder became just another folder.
Those still work but are the same files that will not generate a valid link under the version 2 api.

I noticed a working link redirected to dl.dropboxuser........

I may go crosseyed. :?

mike

Mr.Spenalzo

#90 Post by Mr.Spenalzo »

Installed the 0.3.2 pet and icons, share url, names w/ spaces all working fine. Thanks again Mike!

mikeb

#91 Post by mikeb »

Installed the 0.3.2 pet and icons, share url, names w/ spaces all working fine. Thanks again Mike!
Thank you :)

Fred reminded me about some script changes that solve the share link problem.... hopefully I will merge the fix and post another pet.... I do aim to make something that does not need altering so much but a lot of feedback does help refine the software :)

Mike

mikeb

#92 Post by mikeb »

Ok 0.3.3 uploaded.

Called it BETA as there have been several changes but if it proves ok will keep as is.

Mainly due to merging fred's improvements and fixes...see first post for details.

Enjoy

mike

mfb

#93 Post by mfb »

Hi mikeb,

Version 0.3.3 works very well here and it's a pleasure to use it.

Thank you.

mikeb

#94 Post by mikeb »

Pleasures all mine :)

Thanks for the feedback.

I also find at the moment the web interface with firefox looks like it will download files but nothing appears on disk....... my motivation was the ever changing state of their online access and the system demands and limited flexibility of their application. I hate constantly moved goalposts....

Mike

mikeb

#95 Post by mikeb »

Update 0.4.0.
Ok Fred discovered that gtkdialog 4 has multiple file select option so this releases uses that. If only gtkdialog3 is available then it simply ignores the option. I did build gtkdialog4 to work on puppy 4. Have left the yad variant too.

It does keep everything simple this way...honest.

mike

fredx181

#96 Post by fredx181 »

Hi mikeb and everyone,

Dropbox-gui still works for anyone ?
Maybe it has to do with the OS I'm using, but recently it stopped working for me, so searched for a fix and found this commit:
https://github.com/andreafabrizi/Dropbo ... 1d42a617c3

I manually edited dropbox_uploader.sh according to these changes and now for me it works again :)
See attached, unpack and replace dropbox_uploader.sh in /usr/bin

EDIT: After some further testing it appears that dropbox-gui works well in older puppies, e.g. Tahr or Xenial, but for newer puppies e.g. Stretch, Bionic, replacing dropbox_uploader.sh with the one attached is required.

Fred
Attachments
dropbox_uploader.sh.tar.gz
unpack and replace dropbox_uploader.sh in /usr/bin
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Last edited by fredx181 on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

mikeb

#97 Post by mikeb »

Hmm I did use it two days ago to upload a bunch of files.
Though the multiple select did not work (spaces in names??? one I will look into) I did upload with another method.
Thanks for chasing this up...I suspect it may affect certain files since dropbox have changed their methods a few times now.

cheers

Mike

Semme

#98 Post by Semme »

Fred, I'm having a small issue with the updated script.

With the app open, hitting either "New Profile" or "Rescan" generates this response:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/dropbox_uploader.sh: line 1105: 
Error: Couldn't resolve host.: No such file or directory
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

fredx181

#99 Post by fredx181 »

@mikeb

After testing on several puppies it appears to me that the problem (no display of remote files and folders) is only on newer puppies, e.g. Stretch, Bionic.
On e.g. Tahr it works ok.
And replacing with new dropbox_uploader.sh works for me on both old and new puppies.
Don't know what's the cause, maybe because of different curl version or that combined with changes they made for Dropbox itself.

@Semme, I cannot reproduce that error, on which Puppy you tested ?
And does the old one work OK for you ?

Fred

Semme

#100 Post by Semme »

Xenial 7.5/32b, Fred. Haven't used it recently but it worked fine a few months back.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<