poll100

Fatdog64 does not find the file "fd64save.ext4" on MMCBLK0

#1 Post by poll100 »

Hello, I downloaded
Fatdog64-710 I copied to the "Intel PC STICK" device:
Processor: Z3735F Intel
Drive: 32GB NAND flash THGBMFG8C2LBAIL
BIOS: UEFI - GPT

The system is botting and working properly, unfortunately I have one problem.
The system does not read the saved changes. I've tried everything.
For additional USB inserted correctly writes and reads.

The path to the disk: dev / mmcblk0 and the partitions on the disk mmcblk0p1, ... p2 ... p3 etc
Is there a way to save and read the file fd64save.ext4 saved on eg partition mmcblk0p2?
Yours and thank you for the reply.

don570

#2 Post by don570 »

fatdog help ---> there is a 'wait' command option if that is problem???

http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/fa ... efile.html

Here is my menu.lst to find fatdog 64. It searches for save file.

Code: Select all

# Frugal installed Puppy
title fatdog 710 (sdb2/fatdog710)
  find --set-root --ignore-floppies --ignore-cd /fatdog710/initrd
  kernel /fatdog710/vmlinuz   psubdir=fatdog710 pmedia=atahd pfix=fsck
  initrd /fatdog710/initrd

title fatdog 710 savefile=none (sdb2/fatdog710)
  kernel /fatdog710/vmlinuz   psubdir=fatdog710 pmedia=atahd pfix=fsck savefile=none
  initrd /fatdog710/initrd

However it is better to supply a path to savefile such as example at bottom... Example: /fd64/600/fd64save.3fs
http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/fa ... l#savefile

savefile

This parameter tells Fatdog64 where to find the savefile. It can be specified in three different ways:

savefile=layer:location
This instructs Fatdog64 to load the savefile from the specified location, and using the layering mode specified.

savefile=none
This instructs Fatdog64 not to use any savefile at at all. In earlier version of Fatdog, this parameter is called pfix=ram)

savefile=ask
This instructs Fatdog64 to ask for the savefile details during boot time. At boot time, you can either specify none or layer:location.

You can choose layer from one of the following:

direct
This tells Fatdog64 to use the savefile directly - any writes will go direct to the savefile.

ram
This tells Fatdog64 to use the RAM layer. Any writes will first be stored and collated in RAM, to be periodically flushed to the actual savefile.

location are split into two - the first part is always the "command" - you have to type this as is, and the second part are options. These are the "command" and the "options".

local:path
Where:
"local" is the command, you have to specify it as is. It tells Fatdog64 to search for the specified savefile (see below) on all local devices - harddrives, flash drive, CD/DVD drives, etc.
"path" is the path to the savefile including the filename. Example: /fd64/600/fd64save.3fs Path is optional, if you don't specify it, the default of /fd64save.ext4 will be used.

Here's an example I got from someone's menu.lst...

savefile=ram:device:sda2:/Fatdog710/fd64save

don570

#3 Post by don570 »

I've noticed that fatdog kernel has problems with setups with multiple hard drives.
In my situation I have saved to a folder (fd64save-folder) rather than a save file
and I am using the hard drive that the kernel recognizes --> sda

title fatdog 710 (sda1/fd64save-folder)
  kernel /fatdog710/vmlinuz   psubdir=fatdog710 pmedia=atahd pfix=fsck savefile=direct:device:sda1:/fd64save-folder 
  initrd /fatdog710/initrd

poll100

#4 Post by poll100 »

Hello
Unfortunately, nothing helps. The disk is recognized as mmcblk0 and the partitions are e.g. mmcblk0p1 and are visible in the system running from USB as well as from PCSTICK itself. I can save a SAVEFILE file on the partition, i.e. fd64save.ext4, or create it with a save wizard. Unfortunately, after running the system claims that it can not find the save file :(

drunkjedi

#5 Post by drunkjedi »

I would suggest asking in latest Fatdog 721's thread HERE

Did you try giving UUID of the disk in "savefile=" line in your menu.lst or syslinux.cfg (depending on bootloader you are using) ?

Can you post result of following command while booted from fatdog and all your disks mounted? (for better understanding your system)

lsblk -o NAME,FSTYPE,MOUNTPOINT,SIZE,UUID
Also post whatever you tried in your menu.lst/syslinux.cfg (Did you try adding waitdev=10 like don570 suggested first)

I am not that knowledgeable but someone else may help with that data.