Touchscreen laptops/devices and puppy OSes

Using applications, configuring, problems
belham2

Touchscreen laptops/devices and puppy OSes

#1 Post by belham2 »

Hi all,

Anyone here have a laptop touchscreen and/or touchscreen device where they are successfully (or not so successfully) running a puppy OS?

I am thinking about getting one of those new laptops that has 360-hinges on it where it basically turns itself into a Surface and/or IOS touchscreen device.

But what will stop me in my tracks is if puppy just runs miserably with touchscreen setup?

Anyone have any direct experience and/or feedback (besides the paltry stuff Google brings back that we all can find) with any puppy & touchscreen laptop and/or device? If you've had success, what specific OS are you using, and were any substantial "jumping-through-the-hoops" required to get stuff working?

Thanks

oldprinter

#2 Post by oldprinter »

I have a Toshiba satellite c55t laptop with touch screen. Running slacko64 6.9.9.9 (on a 8gb flash drive). OOTB touch screen works as well as it does in windows 8.1 (what came on it).

The only real problems that I've encountered are due the physical 'it's a laptop not a tablet' problems. Tablets are physically better for touch than anything with an attached keyboard. Your idea of a 360 might be just fine.

I still fight the 'Do Not Touch the Screen' syndrome of the last few decades. And there should be something to disable the touch feature so you can clean the screen without needing to poweroff.

Tom