Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Nov 2017, 05:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Puppy is the greatest
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
JFB

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 15:33    Post subject:  Puppy is the greatest  

Forgive me for having nothing to really contribute... But I wanted say, somewhere, that Puppy Linux is great! In my case, It's Tahrpup 6.0.5 that is so great. I've messed around with AntiX, Bohdi, and a few others, looking for a lightweight OS to use on my old 32 bit netbooks, but nothing really seemed to work out until I tried Puppy. As I see the desktop computer world losing its mind (Windows 8 / 10, Gnome 3, Ubuntu Unity, SystemD), I'm glad that I found Puppy... That's it... See you soon... JFB

Edit: I now read this post sober, and I'm kinda embarrassed; but it's still true... Embarassed
cthisbear

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2017, 08:09    Post subject:  

" I now read this post sober, and I'm kinda embarrassed; but it's still true... :oops: "

Can this be a case of Truth is stranger than Diction.

Over 10 years a user myself and I still feel the Doggie love as well.

Cheers matey....Chris.
belham2

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2017, 08:39    Post subject: Re: Puppy is the greatest  

JFB wrote:
Forgive me for having nothing to really contribute... But I wanted say, somewhere, that Puppy Linux is great! In my case, It's Tahrpup 6.0.5 that is so great. I've messed around with AntiX, Bohdi, and a few others, looking for a lightweight OS to use on my old 32 bit netbooks, but nothing really seemed to work out until I tried Puppy. As I see the desktop computer world losing its mind (Windows 8 / 10, Gnome 3, Ubuntu Unity, SystemD), I'm glad that I found Puppy... That's it... See you soon... JFB

Edit: I now read this post sober, and I'm kinda embarrassed; but it's still true... Embarassed

Lol! Laughing

This post made my day, especially after reading Teddog's harrowing experience in another thread below.

Must be sort of like when a bear, after engorging itself on honey & is sprawled out on its back nearly passed out in a sugar-high eplileptic fit, slowly comes back around, looks at all the bee welts, and still says; darn, it was still worth it Wink I think it's what puppy is for most of us here. Always worth it.
nic007

PostPosted: Sat 11 Nov 2017, 07:58    Post subject:  

Unfortunately I will have to burst a few bubbles. I agree that Puppy is a very good allround system, good enough for daily general tasks. However, it seems that Puppy and Linux in general make mostly use of generic drivers. When I installed Windows XP, I had to download system specific audio and video drivers from the manufacturers site. These drivers ultimately renders a far superior audio and video experience. I listen a lot to high quality music and also watch a lot of HD movies. The difference in quality on my Windows machine is very noticeabe compared to Puppy (using the same software, VLC in case of the movies). So, in my case, I tend to use Windows XP most of the time for a superior quality listening and viewing experience.

BTW - I'm still trying to figure out how to disable screen blanking in Tahr 605. Unlike other Puppys, this one refuses to accept anything I've tried so far (and I've tried a lot of things).
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Jump to: