jwm tray clock acting as MENU and showdesktop buttons

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
rufwoof

jwm tray clock acting as MENU and showdesktop buttons

#1 Post by rufwoof »

Edit your jwm configurations Popup style to only show on mouse over of buttons or the task list ... i.e. exclude the clock as its annoying to otherwise have a popup for this usage

Code: Select all

<PopupStyle enabled="button,task">
        <Font>Sans-13</Font>
        <Foreground>#000000</Foreground>
        <Background>#999999</Background>
    </PopupStyle>
and change the Tray sections definition of the clock to something like

<Clock format="%a %d %b %l:%M">
             <Button mask="3">root:3</Button>
             <Button mask="1">showdesktop</Button>
       </Clock>
reload jwm

jwm -reload
(or just restart X) and left clicking (mouse button (mask) 1) the clock will activate show/hide desktop and right clicking (mouse button (mask) 3) will activate the menu ... same as if you right click on the desktop (assuming that is set to root:3). Handy for when a window is full screen as you can still right click the clock to activate the menu.

Takes a little of getting used to (I've removed both the normal MENU and showdesktop tray icons), but after a while becomes second nature.
Attachments
s.jpg
(34.21 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

MochiMoppel

#2 Post by MochiMoppel »

Good idea, but will work only with JWM v2.3 or newer.

tallboy

#3 Post by tallboy »

Takes a little of getting used to (I've removed both the normal MENU and showdesktop tray icons), but after a while becomes second nature.
Hmmmm. No. :lol:
(I'm too old for that!)
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

belham2

#4 Post by belham2 »

@rufwoof, this is a heck of an idea....sure opens up taskbar screen space on the left-side. It should really appeal to gnome diehards. Remember how Gnome, in the bottom tray, only popups up what windows you've got open, and they go left to right? This is like that, except you've also got all the right-side functions puppy provides and gnome doesn't

but.....

@tallboy...lol...as Tallboy correctly says, dam# this takes some getting used to. I essentially, every time wanting to get to & open the menu, keep doing a huge "less than"..."<" sign on my screens with my mouse because it's like my mouse arm/hand/fingers has a mind of its own & is ALWAYS heading to the bottom-left of the screen. LOL, then I have to slap myself and quickly zoom over to the right. Not sure if I can re-train this old mind, still trying, but despite telling myself repeatedly 9 times of 10 I'm still subconsciously heading down to the bottom-left of my screen before I even know it. Probably should change my murga name to: "<Belham2"... :lol: