belham2

Re: Adobe Has Decided To Support Flash Player on Linux Again

#2 Post by belham2 »

You've got to be kidding me. :roll:

First "we're letting it all go..."

Then it's "no, wait, we'll support it all a awhile longer...."

Next "No, we're serious this time, Flash is going EOL..."

To this now "Hi! We're baaaaccccckkkkkkkk"

Seriously deranged One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoo's-Nest--like individuals must run the Flash division there. :evil:

Sailor Enceladus

#3 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

I remember this. They rolled out "beta Flash 23 for Linux" then 24 was stable, or something like that, so people no longer had to use 11.2.x in Linux or switch to Chrome. I guess this happened about a year ago, around the time this article was made ;)

bark_bark_bark

Re: Adobe Has Decided To Support Flash Player on Linux Again

#4 Post by bark_bark_bark »

belham2 wrote:
You've got to be kidding me. :roll:

First "we're letting it all go..."

Then it's "no, wait, we'll support it all a awhile longer...."

Next "No, we're serious this time, Flash is going EOL..."

To this now "Hi! We're baaaaccccckkkkkkkk"

Seriously deranged One-Flew-Over-the-Cuckoo's-Nest--like individuals must run the Flash division there. :evil:
This is a really old article and I don't understand why OP posted it. It's from September of 2016, long before Adobe announced they'd kill off Flash for good universally.

wizardfromoz

#5 Post by wizardfromoz »

Hi all, new kid on the block.

A lot of the above may become academic after the release of Firefox 57 in November, anyway, which the OP may not have known when posting (like the car, Rick :D ).

In FF, all but two of my extensions and plugins now have a hyperlinked flag "Legacy" beside them, which links to here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... =inproduct and from there to here https://mozilla.github.io/extension-finder/.

I mention the above because, having just installed Tahrpup64 6.0.5 CE, its browser, Pale Moon is Mozilla-based, and I think it likely that what affects FF will have a trickle effect to Pale Moon.

Cheers

Wizard

Mike Walsh

#6 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hiya, Wiz! Nice to see you finally made it through the account confirmation maze...

Anything you need to know about Pup, just ask away on the Forum. There'll always be someone willing to give a hand. Just try and make sure you get the right sub-forum....although often, the 'Users (for the Regulars)' forum is as good a place as any. As well as the 'Beginners' forum; you'll find there's quite a bit about Pup that's not the same as other distros.

See ya around.....and 'Welcome' to the kennels!

Mike. :wink: