Can't create virtual devices in Android Studio

Using applications, configuring, problems
Rattlehead

Can't create virtual devices in Android Studio

#1 Post by Rattlehead »

I'm trying to make Android Studio work in Tahrpup 64 605.

Installing it has been very easy, just by following the official instructions in the Android site. However, I'm stumbling upon a problem when I try to run the virtual device emulator.

Time after time, I'm asked to choose a hardware image and an Android version, and after the download process is finished, I get
the message "An error occurred while creating the AVD. See idea.log for details".

In a "Troubleshooting" window, I get the message "Enable VT-x in your BIOS security settings, ensure that your Linux distro has working KVM module".

There is no VT-x option in my BIOS, and in other distros (Ubuntu), the virtual device works without the need to enable anything.

I've also looked the whole computer for a "kvr" file, in case it was a matter of linking something to /dev. No file found whatsoever.

I've tried downloading different Android versions and hardware images, old and new.

I've also searched the Puppy forum for kvr-related info; it is very old and confusing to me.

The emulation does work as expected in physical devices, though.

Can anybody think of something to look upon next? I'm out of ideas. Thank you for any suggestion.