Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 21 Nov 2017, 02:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
A NWP/A NWPUS--A Noob's Word Processor and Utilities Suite
Page 6 of 6 [87 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Thu 15 Sep 2016, 23:43    Post subject: nwp32/64.4 --set run actions and icons for your files, some
Subject description: more about the launchers and file generation, a bug fix that's a how-to for the newest one.

nwp64.4.pet

nwp32.4.pet

Quote:

post is long enough but in short, the main feature of the upgrade is the ability to set run actions for your word processing files (or any other, though it was put together in part to a geany-vtg type start center). from the comments on a picture in a folder in my repo:
Quote:

another use for the mcc (make concurrent copies) function is assigning text files to pairs of programs (browser-text editor) by having the copies carry an extension that will set them apart from everything else. right click in rox to set both a run action (pick something from the duals folder, to continue on the word processing bent, though that's not strictly necessary) and icon. screen shot shows...

from

Post subject: ~572.64.1/6t4.1: a 64 bit version based on tahrpup64_6.0.5
Subject description: 2 versions are essentially the same--something's up with something's compression settings somewhere
, which has no subtitle but is part of Rattlehead's set run action quickly thread):

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
#nwp64.4
echo application/x-def:*.mon >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.mon >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-def >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-def:*.san >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.san >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.ser >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.ser >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.pwn >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.pwn >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.nwp >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.nwp >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.mono >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.mono >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def:*.def >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def:*.def >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def2:*.def2 >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def2:*.def2 >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def2 text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-def2 >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-def3:*.def3 >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-def3:*.def3 >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-def3 text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-def3 >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-pwp:*.mons >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-pwp:*.mons >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-pwp text/xml >> /usr/share/mime/subclasses
echo application/x-pwp >> /usr/share/mime/types
echo application/x-pwp:*.sans >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-pwp:*.sans >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
echo application/x-pwp:*.sers >> /usr/share/mime/globs
echo 50:application/x-pwp:*.sers >> /usr/share/mime/globs2
#(copy in def pwp desktop files); fixmenus jwm -restart
#set run action:
mkdir -p /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types
ln -s /usr/share/applications/pwp /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/application_x-pwp
ln -s /usr/share/applications/def /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-types/application_x-def
#set icon:
cp -f //usr/share/applications/icons-alt/inpare9.xpm /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-icons/application_x-def.png
cp -f /usr/share/applications/icons-alt/p2e0.xpm  /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-icons/application_x-pwp.png
[...]

Quote:
Posted: Tue 06 Sep 2016, 20:23 Post subject: alternate version of above
Subject description: untested but i think it will work. am i overlooking something?

had the names on the icons wrong for one thing (left out a -x), but that method of setting them works so inconsistently (or i confused something by repeatedly swapping back and forth so many times) i ended up putting an alt-icons folder in usr//share/applications just so i could easily right-click assign them--it's a useless part of the script. Laughing

maybe messing with that /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer/globicons file is a better way?(
Quote:
Rattlehead
Posted: Wed 07 Sep 2016, 17:44 Post subject:
Speaking of icons...
[...]...
)

anyway, i used it in a pinstall script for a pet that was making most of a remaster and the copies all have the four extensions register as unique entities that can get their own programs and icon assignments (which is cool/i'm over the disappointment and inconvenience). Very Happy

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=923025#923025

nwp64.4.pet

nwp32.4.pet

from
fixing a bug with the auxiliary launchers or keycuts
pruning or setting drive arrays
:
Quote:

Quote:

that emboldened bit of gibberish was meant to say "as an alternative to a geany-vtg type start center." (any of the dual launcher codes prefacing a list of files will open them up in both a browser and editor. other than dragging and dropping files or groups of files onto the scripts or their .desktop representations, this seemed like the easiest way to process words (so to speak, so to speak) with the anuupuus (Word Processor (U..)Utilities Suite). now you get another way and some (i think) relatively nifty icons.

will have a bug fix pet to get rid of the ghost drives on the alternate pinboards and fix up the edit store port scripts (for now, don't use--just had the edpin wig out geany...---had to actually reboot to get out of the loop actually. lost a post and everything.)

there's no reason to issue a pet fix for the edpin problem--just use the auxiliary launchers or built-in keycuts to fix it. method one: main launcher (shift+spacebar), gl (opens the file in geany; use ll if you want to open the file in leafpad), enter, edpin, enter.

this opens up "edpin" for editing (if the file didn't exist, it would make a blank file with that name for you to save in the location of choice--gl and ll are word processing functions at least as much as configuration and maintenance tools) and presents

Code:

#!/bin/sh
geany /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/Pup*
/nwp/edpin

to fix it, add a pound sign to or delete the last line, making it
Code:

#!/bin/sh
geany /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/Pup*
#/nwp/edpin #--this was supposed to have been commented out

had i just left the /nwp/part off (comment mark would've made it the title), no real harm would've been done--it would've just made a file called "edpin" that had no set location for its contentlessness (beyond /root/edpin--root seems to be geany's default location for files made this way. the ones you create through the file > new dialog i believe get made in /tmp...). as it stood, the file as command continually reactivated itself as the last step. comment makes it back into a tile, and brings up another error, this time in documentation.

maybe i was still in shock at having to reboot (such a simple script (when done right) and geany is normally so reliable...), but i should've pointed out that the bare dual launcher codes need to be prefaced with their full path (/nwp/) because the codes aren't part of the PATH (those that are can be bare. i.e. geany -i /root/1 /etc/2 will open up those files when you activate the vtg (either through the keyboard (alt+z), the menus (vtg or the cauliflower), the tray (cauliflower)...)). so, for example, if you want geany and pale moon to open the files, use

Code:
/nwp/gp /path/to/file /path(s)/to/file(s)

Quote:

method one: main launcher (shift+spacebar), gl (opens the file in geany; use ll if you want to open the file in leafpad), enter, edpin, enter.

Quote:
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=h -- /nwp/k
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=j -- /nwp/rl
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=k -- /nwp/gl
modifier(s)=Alt KEY=l -- /nwp/ll

default shortcuts for most recent spins/nwps use the above, so method two is alt+k (or l, if if you want the file opened in leafpad), add the pound sign, save. that will fix the script so that "edpin" in the launcher opens up the six new pins. (index finger gets k for key launcher because i at one time believed it would see more use, or, if used at all, would be used somewhat heavily). if you want driveless pins, or more control over their placement than normally holds in Puppy, look for the bit that has "args" in it. those are your drive icons (i.e. <icon x="32" y="836" label="sda1" args="drive ext4">/root/.pup_event/drive_sda1</icon>)

delete the lot for driveless, copy your extant set over from PuppyPin (no extra number) to have it on each of the alternate pins. since they are now frozen with the text file, they'll remain in (odd, if you so choose) position(s) even after the auto redrawing of icons that occurs at boot and X restarts.

if you want to automount all your drives, you could drag musher0's monter5 script out of quar in Startup. since alt plus spacebar is root, one of the first things i do on a new install is activate that shortcut, then navigate to startup adn /my-applications/bin and make those (by use of ctrl plus number) rox speed dials 2 and 3. if you want to automount at a click and your discretion, leave monter5 in /quar (alt+t spacebar then 2 to get to its parent folder if you followed the quick links howto above).

rox is cool. Very Happy

(rl, the last launcher in that bank, is rox opened at /nwp/--the short names of the mostly blank directories are to provide quick cover for you and your creations--d plus enter in that one gets you a blank directory, nwp's version of My Documents, my-documents (though there's also a "docs"), etc).

have fun with it.
Very Happy

not sure if this will help clarify things, or from where you need to enter the discussion to be in need of clarification, but this update and bugfix also seems to me to be a howto and an explanation of some more of the nwp's features.

further, while it does get documents created and saved and arguably sorted and stored, and all very quickly, the formatting is best kept for pasting into more proper word processors like google docs, libreoffice, or even notecase (which can also export to html (and therefore pdf)). the print view will give you a scalable interface, but lately isn't heeding the viewport, at least not in 64 bit. haven't tested on 32 bit lately, but it doesn't seem to work as consistently (is it a browser issue?) as i remembered. for my own use, i use the nwp((as in (A NWP/A NWPUS) primarily for document creation and modification and the utilities side of things. if i need to edit more formally, i paste into libre or google. i'll make a return to the minimal versions (under 50k) in a release or two, but these last two are relatively monstrous--14mb. there may be a weight reduction pet in the future to reduce this--there's some redundant documentation and many icons that can be autogenerated if needed...)
the newer tiny noop will be in at least two versions, both smaller than the original: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=860360#860360. i'm thinking at least one version should incorporate the new Quasi-Proprietary File Type feature, possibly as an offshoot of the mcc (make concurrent copies) feature.

mcc: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=902287#902287 (attachment at the end shows it being used for this purpose)

32/64.4 pet puts the alt-icons folder in your usr/share/applications diretory. it contains the drag and drop dual launchers for word processing use and some icons--right click a file to which you added one of those extensions (pwn, pwp, sans, ser, def3, def4, mons, mon...) to set an icon and run action for it. you've got four new categories, none of which have to be actually set for word processor use.
Quote:

the six choices (pp1-6 in the launcher) are really the same 2 three times each. one's more minimal and the other's got some tools useful for getting you first set up, though it's hard for me to say which i'd choose to mod--easier to drag to one or delete from the other...

shown are some of the suggested icons for the word processor (or libre--i actually prefer that odt icon to the regular one as it sets it apart from the docx files better). [...]
mimetype-icon_change (1).gif
 Description   mcc function (indirectly) setting run action (not shown) and icon
 Filesize   26.14 KB
 Viewed   389 Time(s)

mimetype-icon_change (1).gif

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct 2016, 05:23    Post subject: update--nwp32/64.5 and .6 (mostly bugfixes) though there's
Subject description: progress in Slacko (through no fault of my own--thanks 01micko and crew).

general and update info:
from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=926569#926569:

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
[...]fixed that along with errors that prevented MochiMoppel's WinSwitcher from running correctly from either the ctrl+spacebar keycut or the upper tray. fixes as an update are in the nwp pets below, which are also updates for the 32 bit spins.

nwp32.6
nwp32.5
nwp64.6
nwp64.5

geany32+some3264deps.tar.xz

.5 has geany1.25 and plugins for both 127 and 125 (a few 32 bit, a few 64 bit). .6 makes that stuff a separate package (the .xz above). [...] reduced size is mostly from the removal of the redundant (nwp.5) geany packages and some uneeded documentation (nwp appears to work in Slacko as of the 700 release (pretty sure it would work on 5.7 and below but i've never tested it) so i ditched some of the workarounds for the 6 series--it's still there, just not as often)[...]

still in the air--haven't yet played around with focuswriter or ted, but if i include a word processor beyond the nwp/vtg combo and what notecase can do (export to html, which your browser can then save as pdf) or what google docs (haven't tried the apparently chrome/chromium-based only sync feature yet, but it's one of the reasons i'm thinking of keeping a big browser as default in the precise spins) or other online services provide, my first pick would likely be the former (i.e. if it includes ted i failed to get focuswriter working without the 32bit compatibility pack).

from launcher shortcuts:

Quote:

___
the only real way to further develop the word processing capabilities would be to use css and make something along the lines of http://alistapart.com/article/boom

i just wanted the look and feel of what an rtf processor like RoughDraft (http://www.salsbury.f2s.com/) does in windows (works in linux with wine but the interface is somewhat similar to geany's (which can do tabs and splits, so why the entire environment for the 3k proggie)--all the formatting and hype (so to type) are unnecessary--three fonts, a few sizes, italics, bold, underline, strikethrough--holy crap, this [stuff] can do links and tee oh cees with ease--and suddenly i'm not completely ignorant of code, and even have picked up a little html knowledge (mostly from [messing] around with joe's windows manager, which kind of gives you the gist and the knowledge makes your environment more livable, personalized, arguably efficient as you learn and get comfortable--

so yeah, i can't code for [beans] really--which is the point. it's not as alien and horrific as you might first think--"geany open these things" is like texting the most agreeable friend you have, and it's code: geany /here/smyfile,son

(that would open up "smyfile,son" if you had it in a folder named "here"--it'd make the file if it didn't exist but the folder did, and it would cock its head and balk if you asked it to make the file in a folder that didn't exist (although elsewhere that would be considered its unique name--location plus name is name plus, sorta.

i think i'm done with .5, but there was never supposed to be the forgotten things, but it's nice to have an installation pretty much the way i want it in a click and a two minute wait (idea is you customize your nwp and reap the same benefits. for word processing--well, i'll leave that for your processing.).

newest nwp (will) have some custom pinboards preset (see threads for screenies), but mostly it's just bugfixes--Winswitcher had the wrong code assigned its key (which is ctrl plus spacebar) in all seven key configs, edpin was a loop rather than a help, cr didn't work in 64bit (none of the close all scripts do but this. now.), but now it closes all rox windows and the blue-green X on the trays and menus should work…

it's excellent with file generation and navigation, the utilities side works almost without fail in both in both 32and64 (64 doesn't like some wmctrl commands and there are bugs i'm sure i've not yet found)--and you could do cut up stuff with the rectangular select feature.

if (that enclosed by) "div" (tags) could take formatting i'd be done with this thing…

____

...i think it was div--gave me a reshapable box i could drag around the screen to resize margins, but no formatting--and remembering "here's a break, a carriage return"--not a happy realization that i'm old enough to remember carriage returns.

anyway, through no fault of my own, some progress has been made on the slacko front (and in celebration i deleted half the workaround documentation for the 6 series--most of it's still there in jaewm!1 documentation (in /nwp/c, i think--notecase file (which can be natively formatted and exported to pdf, more or less obviating my word processing efforts, at least word processor wise))). so, as of the 700 series, the nwp works, or at least it did when i tested in the 64bit version. only deps were xdotool and yad from the ppm, and the only glitch appears to be with theming--pop ups don't change the settings--maybe you have to "my39" it to get back the default interface, change colors and such, then my1 back into the nwp interface (by verbing the my command i mean entering that in the main launcher (though preceding it with /nwp/ will allow it to be called from the terminal...ctrl plus d closes the terminal (almost four years of playing around with linux and i found that out about two weeks ago).

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jan 2017, 09:58    Post subject: nwp32/64.8  

nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

from where things are, where it's at (,or maybe just what it is)
updates to the nwp and the workshop folder
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

[...]
nwp8 (32 and 64 bit--ns is new syntax (32 bit pups after slacko 5.7)) cleans up the root one menu, fixes some permissions problems, adds a few scripts (33/66 (bounce the mouse cursor out and down (default positions for popups (etc) sometimes interfere with functions and i find these two scripts help), and icono/iconsesame, which should make it easier to customize your icons, mime types and file labeling), some custom configs for the urxvt terminal…) and takes the recommended add-ins out (see nwprecs1 and nwprecs2, which add folders by those names in /root. included in each is an install and a remove script, the contents of which are shown below). nwp8 also includes the improvements made to the mcc (make concurrent copies (and optionally label them) utility: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=102846 ).
[...]

pm installer is already part of the nwp (i should've removed it). thanks to aragon, radky, RSH, SFR, rerwin, don570, 01micko, Barry Kauler, shinobar, trio, rcrsn51, disciple, technosaurus, step, musher0, Geoffrey, Corvus, OscarTalks, mavrothal, gyro, watchdog, MochiMoppel, peebee, Whitesnow, 666philb,...

clicking the install script will give you a popup asking you if you want to install each item. the remove script just empties its respective folder of the pets.
[...]
pets are down to about 8mb. version 7 (slightly more busy root1/left click menu) also comes as an SFS (same 3 variations).

----

pdogfellow 12/16

it is what it does, so see launcher shortcuts and keyboard shortcuts for (perhaps) a better idea.

(barring that, it uses short commands, the keys, screen artifacts (stuff you click or activate with a mouse or finger), and/or popup menus to launch files, programs, text strings, commands (including resizing, moving, and/or reshaping windows) or mimic the menus (or select aspects thereof arranged to your tastes) of more or less any programs you choose, in a way better suited to you and your habits than stock/default…---; use a minimalistic or limited text editor plus a browser as a full word processor, have nine more menus than most stock jwm pup setups, and for my part, i'd so much rather have it than not that i document all the changes i make to it and make sure it's available to me as soon as i fire up a new pup (often i use woofy to install it before i actually boot a pup for the first time, which is incidentally the original reason for the external pet installs--don's right click package and Whitesnow's (oops, thanks, Whitesnow--big omission (now fixed)--your dropbox package is awesome--been using it for pretty much as long as i've been using puppy/linux--it's much better than what i tried to put together for megasync (though, granted, you know what you're doing and i'm a noob (NWP--Noob's Word Processor/Ultimatesque Utility Pack)) mydbox require choices that are better left unautomated; this will turn out to be easier to upgrade for future builds anyway so no real setback...)--so much for brevity.

[...]

the custom root2 menu (exists also as a submenu/sample template on 0 and 9) requires some additional plugins over base pup. i mostly use geany 125 and 127, the latter my only 32 bit version going at the moment. the folders containing the geany plugins (and/or geany; upgrade precise (this and the 125 plugins courtesy of Corvus) from 123 to 125, which is why the 32 version is so much larger) contain scripts similar to those for the rec'd pet installs:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#install these plugins-125-64
#nwp's root2 menu only requires first two
petget ./geany-plugin-extrasel_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-macro_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-markdown_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-miniscript_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-multiterm_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-numberedbookmarks_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-overview_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-pairtaghighlighter_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-prettyprinter_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-shiftcolumn_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb
petget ./geany-plugin-xmlsnippets_1.25+dfsg-1_amd64.deb

#!/bin/sh
#nwp's root2 menu only requires first three
petget ./geany-plugin-spellcheck_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-treebrowser_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-extrasel_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-multiterm_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
petget ./geany-plugin-overview_1.27+dfsg-2.pet
#install these plugins-127-32

#!/bin/sh
petget ./geany-plugins-1.25-i686.pet
petget ./geany-1.25-i686.pet
petget ./geany_DOC-1.25-i686.pet
#install-125+plugins

___

yet to be addressed:

alternate file system and navigation in general (keep out of root, make it easier to find and link to your stuff across pups)
the virtual keypad(s) (relates in part back to the custom program menus on some of the jwm and aemenu popus…)
settings, file, and config porting/backup (see /nwp/pet folder, the links above, or the main support thread for more. there's also a bit of it now as part of the rox right click menu.)
panel frame and pinboard switching
the vtg (part of the nwp (noop) installation. link is (was) to
Geany as Launcher, Bookmarks Manager, and Word Processor
open programs, files, folders and web sites; reshape and resize windows; process words
)
lpx...
(...no point in making this as long as the support threads--launcher shortcuts file explains much of it and keyboard and menu config files are heavily commented)...

[...]

add/remove packages and alter the install script to reflect custom choices for future installations (or delete the whole thing when you're done. sometimes it's convenient, sometimes it's not. usually a combo).
[...]

other known issues: the wmctrl close all instances scripts don't work in 64bit, two or three tray settings could use some tweaking (will be part of the update script from .6 (6t4 plus update1) to .9)...you may have to reinstall xdotool through your PPM if using 64 bit (generally if alt+arrow squirts your window across the screen, the xdotool that came over with the pet's okay. next step would be to test some of the autotext scripts in the launcher (i usually test with scz ("make this text file a script", i.e. it autotexts out (tada! (if you're watching me write this live)) #!/bin/sh) in the launcher)).

seems i forgot to add woofy to the recs as well:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=429229#429229
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUDhE3nQF8uekx4UXEwVTlJTE0/view?usp=sharing

(woofy-0.91.pet mirrored in the mostly_common_32 folder/thanks to sc0ttman)

i had been manually adding the configs, folders, and files that comprise the nwp pets, then resquashing the file system, but it turns out making pets and then installing them through woofy is for the most part easier (same goes for manually reconfiguring a running pup--using pets for the new files and configs (and optionally activating what's generally just a few simple copy and backup scripts--the pinstall.sh(punistall.sh) script(s) and whatever, if anything, it (they) call (calls--last of parentheticalling out the uninstall part of the combo--good practice suggests you fill it with the countermeasures to your install script and pet installation, but i view the nwp as concrete with regards to its place in respins so am a bit remiss with this, the rather large (and apparently functioning) uninstall scripts circa nwp32/64.4 that you can find in the main nwp thread (and postdated pets) notwithstanding) is easier than repeating the process for each installation/update).

some more on pinstall/uninstall in general and as it relates to nwp installation, configuring, and removal:

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug 2016, 02:33 Post subject: update simplifies installation, customization, portability
Subject description: (your original configs become my39 in the launcher--full nwp and functions by default.
(but you can now uninstall aspects of it individually through the piecemeal submenu on mae (launcher code or in your applications folder) or the scripts in /nwp/c)
from minor nwp update (two lines on the pinstall script that lead
into this how-to on the jwm configuration quickswitches:
[...]

only changes since the last batch are an update of the elp help file and the following two lines added to the pinstall scripts (that activate after the pet installation moves in the files you're adding to your system):
Code:

Code:
cp -f /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal /nwp/root3/root39menu/jwmrc-personal
cp -f /etc/xdg/templates/_root_.jwmrc /nwp/root3/root39menu/_root_.jwmrc   

these lines make your current jwm configuration (current as of the time of this nwp.pet install) your my39 quickswitch (i.e. "my39" in the launcher activates that particular set of configuration files); my39r reverses it, but only to the previous configuration. this is to say, installing, playing around with the configuration switches, and then getting back to your preinstall config while leaving the rest of the functions in tact may lead to some unfortunate backtracking--making the originals a quickswitch avoids any headaches and brings up a point about customizing your own (or sets of your own) wm features--anything you do to the contents of the root#menus folders in /nwp/root3 and their associated files will stick as a quickswitch and the feature mod (the tray, key, and menu config files for the nine extra menus (x3), the 6 keycentric configs, the thirty or so trays are all there) will be a part of the swapped in customizations, but you must mod the files in nwp/root3/, not the ones in their system-active places in root/.jwm and /etc/xdg/templates to make them portable (though you could always run the above two lines adjusted to the destination folder of your choice (or drag and drop manually--rl in the launcher then c gets you there...there's a keycut...my guess is alt plus j...(woo hoo)(rung is h for keys launcher, j for rox launcher, k for geany, l for leafpad)...---make changes, restart jwm to see if you like them, copy them to those folders in nwp/root3 if you want to make them swappable. the new menus on scroll up and down and mae (ae menu launched by that code in main launcher) have the quickswitches plus links to edit or activate the keys, trays, menus, etc. you can edit the files to include menus from elsewhere, but all the presets are fed from that folder. make a file of the above repeated for menus30-49 and you could vtg in your current settings at any time with a click of the cauliflower (etc).

from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=920289#920289, a post in A NWP/A NWPUS--A Nooby Word Processor and Utilities Suite (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=850270#850270).

(installation and removal still as above). 64 bit does all the tweaks automatically, 32 bit has you activate the geany and rox tweaks separately.)
[...]
nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

nwprecs2.pet

nwprecs1.pet

recs5p.xz

geany4nwp-125,7-32.tar.xz

geany-nwp-plugins-64-125.tar.xz

[...]

____

for more on customizing your JWM setup, see Joe's site and/or the thread that bore the thread that hosts/develops the spins (and the nwp/vtg combo--their threads are more or less updates/announcements):

Add A JWM Bookmarks Menu or Submenu/Messing Around With JWM
button, menu, key, and tray tweaking

____

{
where things are, where it's at (,or maybe just what it is)
updates to the nwp and the workshop folder

(the forum post will have better links so i'll copy/paste that back here as an improved version of the original).
}

eventually i became familiar enough with Puppy Linux that hours of customization and tinkering became portable and one click installable--most of the delays with spin making come from keeping the system generic enough to (re)offer the public (the nwp is the approximatic). anyway, here's a link to the main, as yet unupdated nwp (A Noob's Word Processor/Ultimatesque Utilities (UU/W) Pack(/NWP/nwp/noop/anubis/anuupus/,etc)) thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=850270#850270

NWP/A NWPUS--A Noob's Word Processor and Utilities Suite
nwp32/64.8

this is the thread (which will eventually be) formerly known as

A NWP/A NWPUS--A Nooby Word Processor and Utilities Suite
robust, extensible, and superseded in ministrosity by pu(/)up!

--------------
posts starting midway down the previous page give a decent overview (including the launcher and keyboard codes minus what's mentioned at the start of this document):

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=918471#918471

will update the quick links and repost the updated launcher codes and keyboard stuff before the next release. new nwp cleans up the left click menu the same as the earlier firefox pet. when nwp.9 comes out i'll offer a patch pet for whatever the last version of 6t4 is at the time (other spins should just (back up your customizations or personal files first) reinstall the newer nwp over the older one (your old nwp configs will get ported by the new one, but personal files stored in the nwp file system should probably be petted or otherwise backed up when installing a new one. same goes for any scripts you've altered).

renaming the old nwp directory before petting in the new one is probably the fastest and easiest way to preserve your customizations (if there are many, the fastest and easiest way is probably to pet them back over the incoming rewrites (/nwp/pets, the rox right menu, and the mae menu have options for doing this).

launcher shortcuts
keyboard shortcuts

nwp32.8ns.pet

nwp32.8.pet

nwp64.8.pet

nwp+vtg support folder has the .7 sfses

geany4nwp-125,7-32.tar.xz

geany-nwp-plugins-64-125.tar.xz
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Mon 05 Jun 2017, 05:13    Post subject: mouse functions on the keyboard and other small kb tweaks
Subject description: mouse move launcher and some xmodmap files

from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=955943#955943

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
more keyboard fun:

Cherry lost its patent on the mx mechanical keyboard switches in 2014 (or so i think i remember reading), and now you can pick up knockoffs pretty cheap--if the tenkeyless brown switch item i just got for 24 bucks shipped is any indication, they're way better than what normally comes with the machine.

anyway, dump the code below in a terminal to get the cap locks button made into an additional control button, the scroll lock button turned into a caps lock button, and a file set up for you to add to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal in case you want to use the pause break button for up to 16 functions (i suppose you could make one function pause break and another scroll lock--don't think i've ever used either of those).

Code:
echo $'! backup your original map with xmodmap -pke > root/xmodmap-original.
! run xmodmap /root/xmodmap-original to undo the changes.
! move capslock to scroll lock and make the original capslock ctrl:
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L

' > /root/tklv1.xmodmap
echo $'#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /root/tklv1.xmodmap
#scroll lock=caps lock, caps lock=control; modify 110 key (pause break) through your wm.
' > /root/Startup/xmodtkl
chmod 755 /root/Startup/xmodtkl
/root/Startup/xmodtkl

echo $'<JWM>
<!--
add Include line below to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
<Include>/root/jwmpausekey</Include>

Key bindings 
on this tenkeyless Velocifire, Pau is keycode 110. some examples:-->

<Key keycode="110">exec:xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F16</Key>
<Key mask="A" keycode="110">exec:xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F18</Key>
<Key mask="C" keycode="110">exec:leafpad</Key>
<Key mask="S" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/lpx</Key>
<Key mask="CA" keycode="110">escape</Key>
<Key mask="CS" keycode="110">select</Key>
<Key mask="AS" keycode="110">move</Key>
<Key mask="CAS" keycode="110">window</Key>
<Key mask="4" keycode="110">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
<Key mask="4A" keycode="110">root:2</Key>
<Key mask="4C" keycode="110">root:3</Key>
<Key mask="4S" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/n</Key>
<Key mask="4CA" keycode="110">exec:rox</Key>
<Key mask="4CS" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/aef</Key>
<Key mask="4AS" keycode="110">exec:vlc</Key>
<Key mask="4CAS" keycode="110">exec:/nwp/mae</Key>

<!--
pulling a few from the /nwp/root3/9/jag menu (root2 on the last nwps):
<Program label="set anchor" icon="/nwp/keys/icons/icons-sup/as22.png">xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F16</Program>
<Program label="rectangular select to anchor" icon="/nwp/keys/icons/icons-sup/a2s.png">xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F18</Program>
<Program label="select to anchor" icon="/nwp/keys/icons/icons-sup/as222.png">xdotool key alt+ctrl+shift+super+F17</Program>
-->
</JWM>
' > /root/jwmpausekey

geany /root/jwmpausekey /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal in a terminal to open the keyfile and the file you're adding the "includes" line to.

-----

just tested it on a more typical 101 (or so--logitech cheapo model and i didn't count--almost always 101-104 keys if it's got a number pad) key keyboard--works just the same (scroll lock, caps lock, and pause break appear to be named fairly consistently so the xmodmap part of the code should work in most things. use xev to double check or find more keycodes)

if you're thinking of getting one, 84 key models usually rely on Fn to get scroll and pause--the xmodmap part should still work fine, but you may need an extra key press for the other stuff (or it may not work at all. still have a couple in the mail--will check eventually).

xmodmap changes will take place as soon as you run the code. to incorporate your pause key tweaks into the system, you must run jwm -restart (or click it from the menu).

enjoy.
Very Happy

________
(note: to get a backup of your current keymap, xmodmap -pke > /root/xmodmap-original. to activate it, xmodmap /root/xmodmap-original.)
________

________

code below adds "mou" as another launcher shortcut to a launcher--this one will allow you to move the mouse around with the keyboard--just enter the x and y coordinates separated by a space. i suggest the following added to /root/jwmrc.personal so that it and the mouse clicks are on the keyboard regardless of what keybank you swap in:
<Key mask="4" key="1">exec:xdotool click 1</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="2">exec:xdotool click 2</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="3">exec:xdotool click 3</Key>
<Key mask="4" key="4">exec:/nwp/mou</Key>

(none of the key shortcuts use the windows key by default iirc. you could also use some more of the space bar (though i think the above makes more sense, here:

<Key mask="4" key="space">exec:/nwp/mou</Key>
<Key mask="4A" key="space">exec:xdotool click 1</Key>
<Key mask="4C" key="space">exec:xdotool click 2</Key>
<Key mask="4S" key="space">exec:xdotool click 3</Key>

here's the code for the launcher and xmodmap files and scripts for the mini keyboards (dump into a terminal):

Code:
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
CMDLINE=$(yad --width=350 --skip-taskbar --center --on-top --fixed --sticky \
              --title="" --window-icon="/nwp/icons/purwup.png" \
              --entry --entry-label="Run command:"  \
              --column="command" --entry-text "xdotool mousemove ")
[ -z "$CMDLINE" ] && exit 0

$CMDLINE &
exit 0

' > /nwp/mous
# example: xdotool mousemove 110 550 click 1
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/nwp/mous| xdotool sleep .3 key Right
' > /nwp/mou
chmod 755 /nwp/mou /nwp/mous

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /nwp/81.xmodmap
#scroll lock=caps lock, caps lock=control; modify 110 through wm.
' > /nwp/xmod81

echo $'
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L
keycode 129 = Menu
! fn + media player (F1) does nothing on my machine out of the box so that's the one i'm purposing
' > /nwp/81.xmodmap
chmod 755 /nwp/xmod81

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap /nwp/81b.xmodmap
#scroll lock=caps lock, caps lock=control; modify 110 through wm.
' > /nwp/xmod81b

echo $'
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Menu
add Lock = Caps_Lock
! caps lock becomes menu, scroll lock becomes caps lock
' > /nwp/81b.xmodmap
chmod 755 /nwp/xmod81b

echo $'
remove Lock = Num_Lock
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
keycode 78 = Caps_Lock
keycode 66 = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L
keycode 77 = Menu
! make numlock menu, caps lock control, scroll lock caps lock
' > /nwp/84.xmodmap

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
' > /nwp/xmod84
chmod 755 /nwp/xmod84

#cp -f nwp/xmod84 /root/Startup/xmod84
#cp -f nwp/xmod81 /root/Startup/xmod81
#cp -f nwp/xmod81b /root/Startup/xmod81b
#/root/Startup/xmod81b
#/root/Startup/xmod81
#/root/Startup/xmod84
#copy your xmod settings to startup and run

i couldn't get jwm to run "xdotool key Menu" from a key (works fine from a terminal), so to get it back on the abbreviated keyboards (most of my boards don't have it, just recently noticed it on a few, and have grown to like having it in a relatively short time), i opted for either the caps lock key, the number key, or a dead function key (the three variations above). next nwp will have this upgrade included.

win+1--click 1, win+2--click2, win+3--click3, win+4--mouse move launcher, mou in the launcher--mousemove launcher.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun 2017, 12:48    Post subject: a few shortcuts and a workaround for wordgrinder
Subject description: also, here's wordgrinder

from the wordgrinder thread:

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_i386.deb.pet

wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_amd64.pet

32 bit contains relevant files from:
liblua5.1-0_5.1.5-4+deb7u1_i386.deb lua-filesystem_1.5.0+16+g84f1af5-1_i386.deb wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_i386.deb

64 bit contains:
liblua5.1-0_5.1.5-4+deb7u1_amd64.deb lua-filesystem_1.5.0+16+g84f1af5-1_amd64.deb wordgrinder_0.3.3-1_amd64.deb

both contain:
wordgrinder.desktop (wordgrinder launched with urxvt), wordgrinder-rxvt.desktop, wordgrinder-sk.desktop (wordgrinder launched with sakura)

64 bit tested in tahr64-605, 32 bit in xenial32-704

_______

i made some launchers shortcuts for the packages to make up for for the fact that the the nwp's alt plus arrow key interferes with the main menu shortcut in Wordgrinder (alt+down, which may lack the slight delay of Escape, which i think works well enough to leave the window scoot shortcut in tact). run the following in a terminal to get wg, wgs, and wgr shortcuts added to the nwp launcher (requires the appropriate wordgrinder pet above):

Code:

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/sakura -e wordgrinder
' > /nwp/wgs
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/rxvt -e wordgrinder
' > /nwp/wgr
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/urxvt -e wordgrinder
' > /nwp/wg
chmod 755 /nwp/wg /nwp/wgr /nwp/wgs
#alt plus down arrow "move active window down" shortcut interferes with the program's built-in "alt+down arrow accesses main menu" shortcut--use escape button to open and arrow back to close in pups that use the nwp/anuupus suite.   

reminds me of those old Brother and Magnavox word processors (electric typewriters with screens and storage). runs in a terminal, and the sakura "version" gives right click ability. interesting and under 300kb.

enjoy.
Very Happy
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Sat 01 Jul 2017, 16:19    Post subject: bbwp: a tiny browser-based wordprocessor (5k w/o browser)
Subject description: upgrade pet that functions as a stand alone (w/www.browser) word processor and text editor

bbwp.pet

screenshots/gifs:
bbwp2
bbwp1
bbwp3

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu 13 Aug 2015, 23:17 Post subject: now with puup....an even more minimalistic word processor
Subject description: that's an improvement pack but also functions stand alone.
puup!.tar.gz (19kb)
also in xz flavor: puup!.tar.xz(17kb)
from the readme:

"good to know: most browsers can save as pdf it seems."

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=860360#860360

which i forgot about, so the included documentation/grab-some-formatting file talks of only saving in html or plain text. anyway, here's a tiny stand alone (apart from your browser) word processor that was originally supposed to be an upgrade pack for the nwp--it works well enough that i'm thinking about making it its own thread (but i'm going to be busy for a while so rushing off a few updates while i can). works with all the browsers discussed in this thread, which is close to just about all those commonly discussed. whole thing is 5k compressed as a pet, but most of that's scrap/help/formatting samples. you get five tabs opened in a browser--one's a blank slate with spell check enabled, one's a formatting sampler with spell check enabled (you could delete/modify the template or make it a second blank and just use websites to copy and paste sample text/sample formatting, but this makes it a bit more self sufficient and makes the sloppy on-the-fly how-to and what-is-it notes more useful).

the styles/notes/formatting/scrap page that's the majority of it (uncompressed 11k file, but if you're actually online, you can grab formatting from anything, so you can open it in geany or leafpad and ditch the prefab) is linked below. mouse shortcuts and keyboard shortcuts all seem to work, and the open/close plain text dialog boxes also get added to the dil dillo reference popup, giving it a note-taker/file browser abilities as well (dil2 in the nwp/pwn/main launcher--formatting tabs didn't display in dillo, but they may have registered the locations of the photos, etc you paste in much as they do in the other browsers).

new launcher shortcuts:
defbb -- open bbwp with your default browser (five tabs--same code in ll or gl launcher(alt+l,alt+k are leafpad and geany launchers) to adjust)
firbb -- with firefox
chbb -- with chromium
pmbb -- with palemoon
gbb -- with google chrome
dil2 -- dillo reference/notetaker
wpebb -- open config files in geany

___

well, it appears the most of the formatting highlights are missing from the (gif) reel so moving on,

thanks to/more info/here's the content of the Styles file:

Code:

<!--
   nwp00.html

Copyright 2017 root <root@puppypc>

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
   (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
   but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
   GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
   along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
   Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
   MA 02110-1301, USA.

-->

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

<head>
    <title>Styles</title>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    <meta name="generator" content="Geany 1.25" />
</head>

<body>

<title>styles-notes-scrap</title><body contenteditable style="font-size:2rem;font-family:serif;line-height:1.5;max-width:60rem;margin:0 auto;padding:4rem;" spellcheck="true">
   Formatting and Info
01 has no spell check but it's enabled in the 00 tab. copy text from the styles/scrap/help file (this file) or any browser window to change the formatting.<p>

use your browser's open, close, and save menus and short cuts--if you don't save what's in the tab you'll lose your changes. <p>

pasting into the Styles tab will format the text; copy it back in underline, bold, h5, etc. copying the the sample text from there and editing it here preserves formatting as well.

overwrite and/or copy to grab formatting<p>   
(get rid of this help file's on screen contents and you also have a default set for spellcheck)<p>

control plus a,x,c,y,z all appear to work well in the editable window....right click copy and middle click paste work...select to copy works...

you can grab pictures and other formatting, and presumably videos as well (though i haven't tried)---you aren't limited to the Styles tab for formatting, but i wanted to make the dil nwp shortcut a full word processor--i think it is with these three tabs. first pet should go up by the first of july...

could also be used to grab the locations and formatting behind things since that's what shows up in the text editor view of the file.

enjoy.<p>

---Puppus Dogfellow, July 1, 2017<p>

rox /my-applications/bin/bbwp<p>

bbwp-def -- launch the bbwp with your default browser<p>
 bbwp-fir -- with firefox<p>
 bbwp-g -- with chrome<p>
 bbwp-pm -- with palemoon <p>
 bbwp-ch --  with chromium<p>
 dil2 -- dillo notetaker and reference popup<p>
 editconfig-geany-bbwp<p>

thanks to/more info:     <p>
   https://coderwall.com/p/lhsrcq/one-line-browser-notepad: make any tab a notetaker/wp with :
data:text/html, <html contenteditable><p>

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2360940/turn-any-browser-tab-into-a-basic-text-editor.html<p>
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/edit-text-file-in-browser-window/idi-p/19795/page/2#comments<p>

https://thiscouldbebetter.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/loading-editing-and-saving-a-text-file-in-html5-using-javascrip/<p>
the formatted version doesn't work in dillo, but the code from the above source was added to all the word processor "start centers" (browser pop up with a bunch of editable tabs opened) and makes the dillo reference popup a better notetaker, and a better wordprocessor as far as interplay with the anuupus utilities suite/word processor goes. the box also allows you to work with the raw html side of things, though you don't need to touch code to use this word processor (you just need a browser as capable as firefox/palemoon/chrome/...). <p>
 <p> <p>
overwrite/paste-in and/or copy to grab/change formatting <p>
overwrite/paste-in and/or copy to grab/change formatting<p>
overwrite/paste-in and/or copy to grab/change formatting
<p>
    <b>Formatting and Info</b><p><p>
    <i>Formatting and Info</i><p><p>
    <u>Formatting and Info</u><p>   

text below is probably inaccurate--check the line atop near the title or do a search in this document for spellcheck--first result on the page is the one that's part of the code that answers the question (change it if you like so that both templates are the same)

<h5>odd numbers have spellcheck disabled</h5><p><p>(this refers to something defunct--format your notes with it)

spellcheck enables on Styles tab...

paste formatted text into google docs, zoho or similar to save as something other than text or html.      
      print through your browser/it's a word processor

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: monospace">
(but use libreoffice or similar to save as something other than text or html)

preotry
mono 14 pyaw
pyaw preotry

pre tags preserve dead space

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

<h6>h6--copy and paste formatting</h6><p>

<h5>h5--copy and paste formatting</h5><p>
<h4>h4--copy and paste formatting</h4><p>
<h3>h3--copy and paste formatting</h3><p>
<h2>h2--copy and paste formatting</h2><p>   
<h1>h1--copy and paste formatting</h1><p>

</span>
</pre>

(but use libreoffice or similar to save as something other than text or html)

preotry
mono 14 pyaw
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

(same as above but without the pre tag. edit the code itself with a text editor or the note/scrap boxes (may be quicker than the browser's open menu. doesn't display formatting but may store it (haven't checked yet but anything you paste into the formattable tabs gets its hidden code revealed if you download it and view it in a text editor or as text (if your browser has that option or you use the boxes at either end of the bbwp popup))))

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: sans">

sans 14sans 14sans 14
sans 14sans 14sans 14

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: serif">

serif 14
serif 14
serif 14
serif 14
serif 14

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: monospace">

mono 12 pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: sans">

sans 12sans 12sans 12
sans 12sans 12sans 12

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: serif">

serif 12
serif 12
serif 12
serif 12
serif 12

</span>
</pre>

<b>bold  --copy and paste formatting</b><p>
<u>underline  --copy and paste formatting</u><p>
<i>italics --copy and paste formatting</i><p>
<!--
<title>EDIT</title><textarea style="font-size: 1.5em; width: 100%; height: 100%; border: none; outline: none" spellcheck="false" autofocus />   
      -->
    <u>Formatting and Info </u><p><p>
     <p> <p>
<p>

</body>

</html>

link in the thanks to portion is for the dialog box notetaker tab. here's that code(which has the original source as a comment):

Code:

<html>
<body>

<table>
    <tr><td>Text to Save:</td></tr>
    <tr>
        <td colspan="3">
            <textarea id="inputTextToSave" cols="80" rows="25"></textarea>
        </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Filename to Save As:</td>
        <td><input id="inputFileNameToSaveAs"></input></td>
        <td><button onclick="saveTextAsFile()">Save Text to File</button></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Select a File to Load:</td>
        <td><input type="file" id="fileToLoad"></td>
        <td><button onclick="loadFileAsText()">Load Selected File</button><td>
    </tr>
</table>

<script type="text/javascript">

function saveTextAsFile()
{
    var textToSave = document.getElementById("inputTextToSave").value;
    var textToSaveAsBlob = new Blob([textToSave], {type:"text/plain"});
    var textToSaveAsURL = window.URL.createObjectURL(textToSaveAsBlob);
    var fileNameToSaveAs = document.getElementById("inputFileNameToSaveAs").value;

var downloadLink = document.createElement("a");
    downloadLink.download = fileNameToSaveAs;
    downloadLink.innerHTML = "Download File";
    downloadLink.href = textToSaveAsURL;
    downloadLink.onclick = destroyClickedElement;
    downloadLink.style.display = "none";
    document.body.appendChild(downloadLink);

downloadLink.click();
}

function destroyClickedElement(event)
{
    document.body.removeChild(event.target);
}

function loadFileAsText()
{
    var fileToLoad = document.getElementById("fileToLoad").files[0];

var fileReader = new FileReader();
    fileReader.onload = function(fileLoadedEvent)
    {
        var textFromFileLoaded = fileLoadedEvent.target.result;
        document.getElementById("inputTextToSave").value = textFromFileLoaded;
    };
    fileReader.readAsText(fileToLoad, "UTF-8");
}

</script>

</body>
</html>
<!-- 
from

https://thiscouldbebetter.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/loading-editing-and-saving-a-text-file-in-html5-using-javascrip/

-->

i've been using the pinstall script to make it--it's making files that are already there apart from the nwp shortcuts, but this shows the contents of the rest of the pet minus the content of the two primary wordprocessing tabs:

Code:

#!/bin/sh

#!/bin/sh
#pinstall bbwp11111

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
palemoon /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp00.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp01.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box2.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-pm
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-pm
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
defaultbrowser /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp00.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp01.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box2.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-def
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-def

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
google-chrome /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp00.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp01.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box2.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-g
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-g
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
dillo file:///root/my-applications/OEWP/html/box1.html www.google.com www.dictionary.com www.murga-linux.com/puppy http://www.etymonline.com/ https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nyc+weather+hourly&t=h_&ia=weather file:///root/my-applications/OEWP/html/box2.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/dil2
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/dil2
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
firefox /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box2.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp00.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp01.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-fir
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-fir
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
chromium /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box2.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp00.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp01.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-ch
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-ch

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
geany -i /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box2.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp00.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/nwp01.html /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles.html
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/editconfig-geany-bbwp
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/editconfig-geany-bbwp

cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/editconfig-geany-bbwp /nwp/wpebb
cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-ch /nwp/chbb
cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-fir /nwp/firbb
cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/dil2 /nwp/dil2
cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-g /nwp/gbb
cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-pm /nwp/pmbb
cp -f /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-def /nwp/defbb

chmod 755 /nwp/defbb /nwp/wpebb /nwp/pmbb /nwp/gbb /nwp/dil2 /nwp/firbb /nwp/chbb

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbwp-conf
Icon=/root/puppy-reference/mini-icons/mini-pencil.xpm
Comment=browser based word processor and note taker --configure
Exec=rox /root/my-applications/bbwp/
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbwp-conf.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbwp-def
Comment=browser based word processor and note taker--configure
Exec=/root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-def
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-def
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' > /usr/share/applications/bbwp-def.desktop

styles/help file also fails to mention pandoc (but i added the info to the third gif).

content of the two blank (w,w/o spellcheck) primary templates that pop up as tabs when you activate the bbwp:

Code:

nwp01.html

<head>
    <title>nwp01</title>
</head>

<body>

<title>bbwp01</title><body contenteditable style="font-size:2rem;font-family:serif;line-height:1.5;max-width:60rem;margin:0 auto;padding:4rem;" spellcheck="false">

</body>

</html>

Code:

<!--
   nwp00.html

[...]
-->

<head>
    <title>00-s</title>
</head>

<body>

<title>nwp00</title><body contenteditable style="font-size:2rem;font-family:serif;line-height:1.5;max-width:60rem;margin:0 auto;padding:4rem;" spellcheck="true">

</body>

</html>

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jul 2017, 12:12    Post subject: bbwp with improvements and a little clean up. launch one
Subject description: from the /nwp/wp/bbwp and have a second default set work out of ~/my-applications/bbwp

run as a script or dump into a terminal:
Code:

#!/bin/sh
#bbwpmk2-nwp section
#run as a script or dump in a terminal
#makes the Browser Based Word Processor in my-applications-bbwp and nwp/wp/bbwp
mkdir -p /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'data:text/html, <html contenteditable>\'

' > /nwp/wide
chmod 755 /nwp/wide

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
rox /root/my-applications/bbwp/ /nwp/wp/bbwp
' > /root/my-applications/bin/bbwprx

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
' > /nwp/bbwprx
chmod 755 /nwp/bbwprx /root/my-applications/bin/bbwprx

echo $'

<!--
   nwp00.html

MA 02110-1301, USA.

-->

<head>
    <title>Styles</title>
</head>

<body>

<title>styles-notes-scrap</title><body contenteditable style="font-size:2rem;font-family:serif;line-height:1.5;max-width:60rem;margin:0 auto;padding:4rem;" spellcheck="true">
   Formatting and Info
01 has no spell check but it\'s enabled in the 00 tab. copy text from the styles/scrap/help file (this file) or any browser window to change the formatting.<p>

use your browser\'s open, close, and save menus and short cuts--if you don\'t save what\'s in the tab you\'ll lose your changes. <p>

pasting into the Styles tab will format the text; copy it back in underline, bold, h5, etc. copying the the sample text from there and editing it here preserves formatting as well.

(get rid of this help file\'s on screen contents and you also have a default set for spellcheck)<p>

control plus a,x,c,y,z all appear to work well in the editable window....right click copy and middle click paste work...select to copy works...

you can grab pictures and other formatting, and presumably videos as well (though i haven\'t tried)---you aren\'t limited to the Styles tab for formatting, but i wanted to make the dil nwp shortcut a full word processor--i think it is with these three tabs. first pet should go up by the first of july...

could also be used to grab the locations and formatting behind things since that\'s what shows up in the text editor view of the file.

enjoy.<p>

bbwp-g -- with chrome<p>
 editconfig-geany-bbwp<p>

https://coderwall.com/p/lhsrcq/one-line-browser-notepad: make any tab a notetaker/wp with :<p>

<pre><code>data:text/html, &lt;html contenteditable&gt;</code></pre><p>

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2360940/turn-any-browser-tab-into-a-basic-text-editor.html<p>
https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox/edit-text-file-in-browser-window/idi-p/19795/page/2#comments<p>

https://thiscouldbebetter.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/loading-editing-and-saving-a-text-file-in-html5-using-javascrip/<p>
the formatted version doesn\'t work in dillo, but the code from the above source was added to all the word processor "start centers" (browser pop up with a bunch of editable tabs opened) and makes the dillo reference popup a better notetaker, and a better wordprocessor as far as interplay with the anuupus utilities suite/word processor goes. the box also allows you to work with the raw html side of things, though you don\'t need to touch code to use this word processor (you just need a browser as capable as firefox/palemoon/chrome/...). <p>
 <p> <p>
<p>

text below is probably inaccurate--check the line atop near the title or do a search in this document for spellcheck--first result on the page is the one that\'s part of the code that answers the question (change it if you like so that both templates are the same)

<h5>odd numbers have spellcheck disabled</h5><p><p>(this refers to something defunct--format your notes with it)

spellcheck enabled on Styles tab...

paste formatted text into google docs, zoho or similar to save as something other than pdf (usually available through your browser\'s print dialog), plain text or html (save as dialog/file menu).     

print through your browser/it\'s a word processor

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: monospace">
(but use libreoffice, pandoc, or similar to save as something other than text, pdf, or html)
https://pandoc.org/
      preotry
mono 14 pyaw
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

</span>
</pre>

(but use libreoffice, pandoc, or similar to save as something other than text, pdf, or html)

preotry
mono 14 pyaw
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

(same as above but without the pre tag. edit the code itself with a text editor or the note/scrap boxes (may be quicker than the browser\'s open menu. doesn\'t display formatting but may store it (haven\'t checked yet but anything you paste into the formattable tabs gets its hidden code revealed if you download it and view it in a text editor or as text (if your browser has that option or you use the boxes at either end of the bbwp popup))))

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: sans">

sans 14sans 14sans 14
sans 14sans 14sans 14

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 14pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: serif">

serif 14
serif 14
serif 14
serif 14
serif 14

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: monospace">

mono 12 pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: sans">

sans 12sans 12sans 12
sans 12sans 12sans 12

</span>
</pre>

<pre>
<span style="font-size: 12pt; color:black; font-weight:normal; font-family: serif">

serif 12
serif 12
serif 12
serif 12
serif 12

</span>
</pre>

for wide screen, paste <p>

into the address bar <p>
(from  <p>  https://thiscouldbebetter.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/loading-editing-and-saving-a-text-file-in-html5-using-javascrip/
) <p>
Untitled2 Spellcheck=True <p>
Untitled1 Spellcheck=False <p>
(no distracting red lines. use the wide screen code above to lose the distraction of margins.)

bookmark your templates, versions, and documents with your browser\'s interface, save your changes or you will lose them, use the print dialog to save in pdf (ctrl+s usually just gives you options for html or plain text)...pasting in video gives you the link but not an embedded video (you can opt for a thumbnail or covershot or otherwise mask/decorate the link). pandoc is a command line converter for those who want to save in odt, docx, doc, etc but don\'t want to use a larger processor like zoho, google docs/drive, libre office, or open office.<p>

edit the launcher scripts to preload files in batches. make copies of templates or just repaste the address into blank tabs to make them usable.<p>

terminal and launcher shortcuts:<p>

bbdef --  launch the bbwp with your default browser<p>
bbpm --  with palemoon <p>
bbg --  with chrome<p>
bbfir -- with firefox <p>
bbch -- with chromium<p>
dil2 --  dillo notetaker and reference popup<p>
bbwprx -- open both the /nwp and /root/my-apps/bin bbwp folders for tweaking<p>
bbwpe -- edit-configs-geany<p>

launch the bbwp with your default browser -- bbdef<p>
with palemoon  -- bbpm<p>
with chrome -- bbg<p>
with firefox -- bbfir<p>
with chromium -- bbch<p>
editconfig-geany -- bbwpe<p>
dillo notetaker and reference popup -- dil2<p>

(updated 7/11/17)<p>
    <p>
</body>

</html>
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles

echo $'
<!-- 
   nwp01.html
-->

<head>
    <title>nwp01</title>
</head>

<body>

<title>bbwp01</title><body contenteditable style="font-size:2rem;font-family:serif;line-height:1.5;max-width:60rem;margin:0 auto;padding:4rem;" spellcheck="false">

</body>

</html>

' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1

echo $'

<!--
   nwp00.html

[...]
-->

<head>
    <title>00-s</title>
</head>

<body>

<title>nwp00</title><body contenteditable style="font-size:2rem;font-family:serif;line-height:1.5;max-width:60rem;margin:0 auto;padding:4rem;" spellcheck="true">

</body>

</html>

' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2

echo $'

<html>
<body>

<table>
    <tr>
        <td colspan="3">
        </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    </tr>
</table>

{

downloadLink.click();
}

{
}

{

{
    };
}

</script>

</body>
</html>
<!--
from

https://thiscouldbebetter.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/loading-editing-and-saving-a-text-file-in-html5-using-javascrip/

-->

' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
palemoon /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1   /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbpm
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbpm
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
defaultbrowser /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbdef
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbdef

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
google-chrome /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbg
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbg
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
dillo  /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 www.google.com www.dictionary.com www.murga-linux.com/puppy http://www.etymonline.com/ https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nyc+weather+hourly&t=h_&ia=weather
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/dil2
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/dil2
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
firefox /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbfir
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbfir
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
chromium /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1   /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbch
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbch

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
geany -i /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/box1 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Untitled1   /nwp/wp/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbwpe
chmod 755 /nwp/wp/bbwp/bbwpe

chmod 755 /nwp/bbdef /nwp/bbwpe /nwp/bbpm /nwp/bbg /nwp/dil2 /nwp/bbfir /nwp/bbch

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbwp-conf
Exec=rox /nwp/wp/bbwp/ /root/my-applications/bbwp
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbwp-conf2.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbwp-def
Exec=/nwp/bbwp/bbwp-def
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-def
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' > /usr/share/applications/bbwp-def2.desktop

#-------------------
#-------------------
#-------------------
#bbwpmk2-myappsbin section

mkdir -p /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
xdotool type \'data:text/, <html contenteditable>\'
' > /root/my-applications/bin/wide
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bin/wide

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
' > /root/my-applications/bin/bbwprx

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
' > /nwp/bbwprx
chmod 755 /nwp/bbwprx /root/my-applications/bin/bbwprx

echo $'

<!--
   nwp00.html

MA 02110-1301, USA.

-->

<head>
    <title>Styles</title>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/;charset=utf-8" />
</head>

<body>

Formatting and Info
01 has no spell check but it\'s enabled in the 00 tab. copy text from the styles/scrap/help file (this file) or any browser window to change the formatting.<p>

use your browser\'s open, close, and save menus and short cuts--if you don\'t save what\'s in the tab you\'ll lose your changes. <p>

(get rid of this help file\'s on screen contents and you also have a default set for spellcheck)<p>

you can grab pictures and other formatting, and presumably videos as well (though i haven\'t tried)---you aren\'t limited to the Styles tab for formatting, but i wanted to make the dil nwp shortcut a full word processor--i think it is with these three tabs. first pet should go up by the first of july...

could also be used to grab the locations and formatting behind things since that\'s what shows up in the text editor view of the file.

enjoy.<p>

bbwp-g -- with chrome<p>
 editconfig-geany-bbwp<p>

https://coderwall.com/p/lhsrcq/one-line-browser-notepad: make any tab a notetaker/wp with :<p>

the formatted version doesn\'t work in dillo, but the code from the above source was added to all the word processor "start centers" (browser pop up with a bunch of editable tabs opened) and makes the dillo reference popup a better notetaker, and a better wordprocessor as far as interplay with the anuupus utilities suite/word processor goes. the box also allows you to work with the raw html side of things, though you don\'t need to touch code to use this word processor (you just need a browser as capable as firefox/palemoon/chrome/...). <p>
 <p> <p>
<p>

text below is probably inaccurate--check the line atop near the title or do a search in this document for spellcheck--first result on the page is the one that\'s part of the code that answers the question (change it if you like so that both templates are the same)

spellcheck enabled on Styles tab...

paste formatted text into google docs, zoho or similar to save as something other than pdf (usually available through your browser\'s print dialog), plain text or html (save as dialog/file menu).     

<pre>
https://pandoc.org/
      preotry
mono 14 pyaw
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

</span>
</pre>

preotry
mono 14 pyaw
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

(same as above but without the pre tag. edit the code itself with a text editor or the note/scrap boxes (may be quicker than the browser\'s open menu. doesn\'t display formatting but may store it (haven\'t checked yet but anything you paste into the formattable tabs gets its hidden code revealed if you download it and view it in a text editor or as text (if your browser has that option or you use the boxes at either end of the bbwp popup))))

<pre>

sans 14sans 14sans 14
sans 14sans 14sans 14

</span>
</pre>

<pre>

serif 14
serif 14
serif 14
serif 14
serif 14

</span>
</pre>

<pre>

mono 12 pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

pyaw preotry
pyaw preotry

</span>
</pre>

<pre>

sans 12sans 12sans 12
sans 12sans 12sans 12

</span>
</pre>

<pre>

serif 12
serif 12
serif 12
serif 12
serif 12

</span>
</pre>

for wide screen, paste <p>

into the address bar
(from<p>   https://thiscouldbebetter.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/loading-editing-and-saving-a-text-file-in-html5-using-javascrip/
) <p>
Untitled2 Spellcheck=True <p>
Untitled1 Spellcheck=False <p>
(no distracting red lines. use the wide screen code above to lose the distraction of margins). <p>

bookmark your templates, versions, and documents with your browser\'s interface, save your changes or you will lose them, use the print dialog to save in pdf (ctrl+s usually just gives you options for html or plain text)...pasting in video gives you the link but not an embedded video  (you can opt for a thumbnail or covershot or otherwise mask/decorate the link). pandoc is a command line converter for those who want to save in odt, docx, doc, etc but don\'t want to use a larger processor like zoho, google docs/drive, libre office, or open office. <p>

edit the launcher scripts to preload files in batches. make copies of templates or just repaste the address into blank tabs to make them usable.<p>

terminal and launcher shortcuts:<p>
bbdef --  launch the bbwp with your default browser<p>
bbpm --  with palemoon <p>
bbg --  with chrome<p>
bbfir -- with firefox <p>
bbch -- with chromium <p>
dil2 --  dillo notetaker and reference popup <p>
bbwprx -- open both the /nwp and /root/my-apps/bin bbwp folders for tweaking <p>
bbwpe -- edit-configs-geany <p>

launch the bbwp with your default browser -- bbdef <p>
with palemoon  -- bbpm <p>
with chrome -- bbg <p>
with firefox -- bbfir <p>
with chromium -- bbch <p>
editconfig-geany -- bbwpe <p>
dillo notetaker and reference popup -- dil2 <p>

(updated 7/11/17)<p>

</body>

</>
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles

echo $'
<!-- 
   nwp01.html
-->

<head>
    <title>nwp01</title>
</head>

<body>

</body>

</>

' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1

echo $'

<!--
   nwp00.html

[...]
-->

<head>
    <title>00-s</title>
</head>

<body>

</body>

</>

' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2

echo $'

<html>
<body>

<table>
    <tr>
        <td colspan="3">
        </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    </tr>
</table>

{

downloadLink.click();
}

{
}

{

{
    };
}

</script>

</body>
</>
<!--
from

-->

' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
palemoon /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1   /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbpm
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbpm
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
defaultbrowser /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbdef
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbdef

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
google-chrome /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbg
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbg
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
dillo  /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1 www.google.com www.dictionary.com www.murga-linux.com/puppy http://www.etymonline.com/ https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nyc+weather+hourly&t=h_&ia=weather
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/dil2
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/dil2
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
firefox /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1  /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbfir
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbfir
echo $'
#!/bin/sh
chromium /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/box1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1   /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbch
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbch

echo $'
#!/bin/sh
geany -i /root/my-applications/bbwp//html/box1 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled2 /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Untitled1   /root/my-applications/bbwp/html/Styles
' > /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwpe
chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwpe

chmod 755 /root/my-applications/bbdef /root/my-applications/bbwpe /root/my-applications/bbpm /root/my-applications/bbg /root/my-applications/dil2 /root/my-applications/bbfir /root/my-applications/bbch

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbwp-conf
Exec=rox /root/my-applications/bbwp/ /nwp/wp/bbwp
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbwp-conf2.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbwp-def
Exec=/root/my-applications/bbwp/bbwp-def
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-def
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' > /usr/share/applications/bbwp-def.desktop

#make a pair of desktop files and a couple of icons for them
#launch the bbwp with palemoon from my-applications/bbwp and/or from nwp/wp/bbwp:

mkdir -p /usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/
echo $'/* XPM */
static char *artlbbwp_xpm[] = {
"32 15 4 1",
"    c None",
"1   c #DADADA",
"2   c #00FF00",
"3   c #6B3EA3",
"11111111111111111111111111111111",
"13111111131111111111111111111111",
"13133331131333311131111313133331",
"13311113133111131131111313311113",
"13111113131111131131131313111113",
"13311113133111131131131313311113",
"13311113133111131131131313311113",
"13133331131333311113313113133331",
"11111111111111111111111113111111",
"11111111111111111111111113111111"
};
' >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0artlbbwp.xpm

echo $'/* XPM */
static char *tmp_xpm[] = {
"28 13 4 1",
"    c None",
".    c #5171CD",
",   c #00FF00",
"#   c #FFFFFF",
"............................",
".#......#...................",
".#.###..#.###...#...#.#.###.",
".##...#.##...#..#...#.##...#",
".#....#.#....#..#.#.#.#....#",
".##...#.##...#..#.#.#.##...#",
".#.###..#.###....#.#..#.###.",
"......................#.....",
"......................#.....",
""};
' >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wbtlbbwp.xpm

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbpm
Icon=/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wbtlbbwp.xpm
Comment=browser based word processor and note taker--launch with pale moon
Exec=/root/my-applications/bbwp/bbpm
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-pm
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbpm.desktop

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbpm
Icon=/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0artlbbwp.xpm
Exec=/nwp/wp/bbwp/bbpm
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-pm
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbpm-nwp.desktop

makes the "paste into the browser to make any tab editable" code visible in the Styles tab and makes a some icons for the palemoon version (others just use the stock mini-pencil script. thanks to technosaurus for the script that generated that file--versions of it comprise the nwp's icon-making function.)

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=930059#930059
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=898358#898358
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=561822#561822
^more on the icon-generating aspect--next post will have the script that uses the mcc labeling/icon batch making functions.
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Thu 13 Jul 2017, 12:29    Post subject: a wider array of icons for your bbwp
Subject description: makes a folder in usr/share/icons. right click in rox to decorate a launch script (set icon for it).

Code:

#make icons (works if you've already got the nwp or
#txttoxpm variety pack  installed: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=930059#930059
mkdir -p /usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp
0artxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0artlbbwp.xpm
0atxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0atlbbwp.xpm
0rwtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0rwtlbbwp.xpm
0txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0tlbbwp.xpm
1txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/1tlbbwp.xpm
2txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/2tlbbwp.xpm
3txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/3tlbbwp.xpm
4txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/4tlbbwp.xpm
5txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/5tlbbwp.xpm
6txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/6tlbbwp.xpm
7txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/7tlbbwp.xpm
8txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/8tlbbwp.xpm
9txpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/9tlbbwp.xpm
bltxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/bltlbbwp.xpm
botxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/botlbbwp.xpm
btxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/btlbbwp.xpm
bwtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/bwtlbbwp.xpm
deftxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/deftlbbwp.xpm
defxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/deflbbwp.xpm
gbtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/gbtlbbwp.xpm
gwtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/gwtlbbwp.xpm
kwtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/kwtlbbwp.xpm
lbtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/lbtlbbwp.xpm
lotxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/lotlbbwp.xpm
obtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/obtlbbwp.xpm
oltxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/oltlbbwp.xpm
prtext2xpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/prtext2lbbwp.xpm
prtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/prtlbbwp.xpm
ptxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/ptlbbwp.xpm
rdbltxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rdbltlbbwp.xpm
rdltxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rdltlbbwp.xpm
rldtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rldtlbbwp.xpm
rrdbltxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rrdbltlbbwp.xpm
text2xpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/text2lbbwp.xpm
wbtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wbtlbbwp.xpm
wgtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wgtlbbwp.xpm
wktxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wktlbbwp.xpm
wtxpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wtlbbwp.xpm
wtxt2xpm "bbwp" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wtxt2lbbwp.xpm
0artxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0artbbwp.xpm
0atxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0atbbwp.xpm
0rwtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0rwtbbwp.xpm
0txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0tbbwp.xpm
1txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/1tbbwp.xpm
2txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/2tbbwp.xpm
3txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/3tbbwp.xpm
4txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/4tbbwp.xpm
5txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/5tbbwp.xpm
6txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/6tbbwp.xpm
7txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/7tbbwp.xpm
8txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/8tbbwp.xpm
9txpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/9tbbwp.xpm
bltxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/bltbbwp.xpm
botxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/botbbwp.xpm
btxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/btbbwp.xpm
bwtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/bwtbbwp.xpm
deftxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/deftbbwp.xpm
defxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/defbbwp.xpm
gbtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/gbtbbwp.xpm
gwtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/gwtbbwp.xpm
kwtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/kwtbbwp.xpm
lbtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/lbtbbwp.xpm
lotxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/lotbbwp.xpm
obtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/obtbbwp.xpm
oltxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/oltbbwp.xpm
prtext2xpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/prtext2bbwp.xpm
prtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/prtbbwp.xpm
ptxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/ptbbwp.xpm
rdbltxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rdbltbbwp.xpm
rdltxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rdltbbwp.xpm
rldtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rldtbbwp.xpm
rrdbltxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/rrdbltbbwp.xpm
text2xpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/text2bbwp.xpm
wbtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wbtbbwp.xpm
wgtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wgtbbwp.xpm
wktxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wktbbwp.xpm
wtxpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wtbbwp.xpm
wtxt2xpm "BBWP" >/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/wtxt2bbwp.xpm

echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbpm
Icon=/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/bwtlbbwp.xpm
Exec=/root/my-applications/bbwp/bbpm
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-pm
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbpm.desktop
echo $'
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=bbpm
Icon=/usr/share/applications/icons-alt/bbwp/0artlbbwp.xpm
Exec=/nwp/wp/bbwp/bbpm
Terminal=false
Type=Application
GenericName=bbwp-pm
Version=1.0
Categories=WordProcessor
' >/usr/share/applications/bbpm-nwp.desktop

(you don't need to make desktop files for your scripts/programs as you can just right click the association in Rox, but if you want to do it through a terminal, this works better than copying into the mime-types folder.)
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Tue 01 Aug 2017, 00:07    Post subject: some keyboard tweaks as a pet
Subject description: mod3, modeswitch giving 28 additional function keys, click to reset or for dvorak, colemak, etc

xmod8287.1.2.pet

from the info file:
Quote:

click to activate, edit the reset script to suit your layout, edit the runs scripts to suit your preferences, drag run script to startup to have one of the following active by default:

run8287 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock; additional Function keys added to
Modeswitch+F1-F12 for second twelve and Modeswitch+ the number row for the 12 after that (F series only goes up to F35 but the key pad has an additional four (KP_F#) for a total of 39. "F37-F39" are Modeswitch plus q,w, and e; Hyper_R is added as mod3 (works in JWM but not Rox) and the key put on Pause ond Escape; Modeswitch + Escape is Escape; Modeswitch + either Tab or Backspace is the Menu key. Menu, for keyboards that have it, is usually keycode 117 (and can be repurposed).

run82 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run82m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), multimedia key under F2 (check your setup with xev) is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run84 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run84c -- Caps_Lock is Control_L, Pause is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

run84m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run87 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

run87m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

------
you may need to disable or reassign some jwm defaults (like screen shot and the global volume controls, or the root and windows menus) to be able to customize the whole set (key often won't show up as a key or otherwise assignable entity if there's a windows manager function that grabs it first. use xev to check keycodes (these keysyms and keycodes are consistent on all my machines, but the multimedia keys almost never are).
add
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3</Include>
or
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3f</Include>
(swap and experiment)
to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
to be able to use the templates in no10m (all function keys and the alphabet plus a little more for mod3 on the larger of the two. mostly just the alphabet under mod3 for the other)

ktab ktabm kset kreset added as nwp shortcuts (open the key table in geany, open the modifier map in geany, open the xmodmap folder in /root/my-applications/, reset the keyboard (set for u.s. layout--edit to suit yours or copy to make (more) toggles)).

see more:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=958657#958657

------
added colemak and dvorak as reset button options (you can just toggle to them...maybe i do have a use for five extra keyboards...)

---puppus dogfellow, 7/29/17

newest addition:
run8287-1 -- Menu and Escape are Mod3(Hyper_R), Modeswitch is Caps_Lock and Pause, Caps_Lock is Scroll_Lock, Modeswitch plus Tab is Escape, Modeswitch plus Backspace is the Menu key. has function keys f13-f39 (f35..kp_f4) added in the same way as run8287.

adds an xmodmaps folder in /root/my-applications and a link to it in the utilities menu. scripts/buttons therein run alternate keyboard layouts and aim to make keyboard tweaking easier overall. next version will include the bbwp as the pinstall script with the small addition of an iron launcher--only the chromium based browsers (chrome, min (only 40 mb but takes some getting used to), slimjet, chromium (as a guess--haven't actually tried that one or vivaldi), and iron) seem to be able to save the pdfs and "webpages" the Browser Based Word Processor generates--use mozilla browsers only for notes or to have multiple versions of a text--they save the dual launcher generated files (generated off the original nwp templates), but any changes i've tried in firefox, palemoon, and tor (all basically firefox) with the editable html pages are lost....well, never tested firefox itself, or seamonkey, but i'd be surprised if the saving function worked in those.
Confused /enjoy.

Smile

here's a screen shot of the folder:
xmod8287.1.2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   48.57 KB
 Viewed   90 Time(s)

xmod8287.1.2.jpg

Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 02 Aug 2017, 02:15    Post subject: xmod8287-bbwp--browser based word processor and/or
Subject description: note-taker plus keyboard mods and tools: bbwp+xmod8287.1.2 as a pet

Quote:
next version will include the bbwp as the pinstall script with the small addition of an iron launcher

xmod8287-bbwp.pet

bbi and bbii (run from my apps bin, run from nwp) added as launcher shortcuts--pet would've been a third smaller with a little more forethought (copying) regarding this bit--i used the file from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=960663#960663 as the install script--see that post to modify the bbwp before it gets made or if you want a version without the keyboard/xmodmap tweaks. installed size isn't affected apart from the additional warning added from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=962667#962667 (
Quote:
[...] only the chromium based browsers (chrome, min (only 40 mb but takes some getting used to), slimjet, chromium (as a guess--haven't actually tried that one or vivaldi), and iron) seem to be able to save the pdfs and "webpages" the Browser Based Word Processor generates--use mozilla browsers only for notes or to have multiple versions of a text--they save the dual launcher generated files (generated off the original nwp templates), but any changes i've tried in firefox, palemoon, and tor (all basically firefox) with the editable html pages are lost....well, never tested firefox itself, or seamonkey, but i'd be surprised if the saving function worked in those.
) to the Styles/help/grab some formatting file(s) (one in /root/my-applications/bbwp, one in nwp/wp/bbwp). see that post for more on the keyboard aspect of the pet, and see http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=959394#959394 for more on the bbwp.

launcher shortcuts from earlier bbwp pet:
defbb -- open bbwp with your default browser (five tabs--same code in ll or gl launcher(alt+l,alt+k are leafpad and geany launchers) to adjust)
firbb -- with firefox
chbb -- with chromium
pmbb -- with palemoon
gbb -- with google chrome
dil2 -- dillo reference/notetaker
wpebb -- open config files in geany)

additional info and an earlier version of the keyboard tweak pet:
Puppus Dogfellow

PostPosted: Wed 30 Aug 2017, 02:39    Post subject: updates and a fix. also, the bbwp works as well in mozilla
Subject description: as chromium: you just have to save as web page complete if you want to save as html.

from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=965915#965915, a small restructuring and some added functions/(it's now also a tiny browser based word processor (complete with keyboard tweaker))

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
from http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=965905#965905, update and a fix: more keyboard tweaks, f36/"f36" fix, bbwp now works as a right click (and then drag file(s) to browser function); bbwp 4 chrom-/moz-) (ran out of space for the subtitle, but that last part means support for both chromium and mozilla based browsers--originally it looked like only save to pdf worked for the mozilla family:

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
the updated help/info file for the xmodmap add-ins (available separately as xmod84.1pet):
Quote:

click to activate, edit the reset script to suit your layout, edit the runs scripts to suit your preferences, drag run script to startup to have one of the following active by default:

run8287 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock; additional Function keys added to
Modeswitch+F1-F12 for second twelve and Modeswitch+ the number row for the 12 after that (F series only goes up to F35 but the key pad has an additional four (KP_F#) for a total of 39. "F37-F39" are Modeswitch plus q,w, and e; Hyper_R is added as mod3 (works in JWM but not Rox) and the key put on Pause ond Escape; Modeswitch + Escape is Escape; Modeswitch + either Tab or Backspace is the Menu key. Menu, for keyboards that have it, is usually keycode 117 (and can be repurposed).

run82 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run82m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), multimedia key under F2 (check your setup with xev) is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run84 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run84c -- Caps_Lock is Control_L, Pause is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

run84m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock, Menu is Modeswitch+q.

run87 -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

run87m -- Caps_Lock is Modeswitch, Pause is Hyper_R (mod 3), Scroll_Lock is Caps_Lock

------
you may need to disable or reassign some jwm defaults (like screen shot and the global volume controls, or the root and windows menus) to be able to customize the whole set (key often won't show up as a key or otherwise assignable entity if there's a windows manager function that grabs it first. use xev to check keycodes (these keysyms and keycodes are consistent on all my machines, but the multimedia keys almost never are).
add
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3</Include>
or
<Include>/root/my-applications/xmodmaps/no10m/jwmmod3f</Include>
(swap and experiment)
to /root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal
to be able to use the templates in no10m (all function keys and the alphabet plus a little more for mod3 on the larger of the two. mostly just the alphabet under mod3 for the other)

ktab ktabm kset kreset added as nwp shortcuts (open the key table in geany, open the modifier map in geany, open the xmodmap folder in /root/my-applications/, reset the keyboard (set for u.s. layout--edit to suit yours or copy to make (more) toggles)).

see more:

------
added colemak and dvorak as reset button options (you can just toggle to them...maybe i do have a use for five extra keyboards...)

---puppus dogfellow, 7/29/17

newest additions:
run8287-1 -- Menu and Escape are Mod3(Hyper_R), Modeswitch is Caps_Lock and Pause, Caps_Lock is Scroll_Lock, Modeswitch plus Tab is Escape, Modeswitch plus Backspace is the Menu key. has function keys f13-f39 (f35..kp_4) added in the same way as run8287.

84-1 is 8287-1 for keyboards without a menu key for hyper-r--it goes on pause and escape (you lose the second Modeswitch key but keep the second hyper r key. all else is the same). version .1 fixes an error that broke kp_f1/f36 in run8287 and run8287-1.

justf is just the function ke[/url]ys (f13-f39 (f35..kp_4)) being activated by Pause as (the) Modeswitch

desktop entry under utilities simply opens to the xmod map folder now in /root/my-applications/bin. click to add the keyboard layouts/tweaks of your choice.

xmod84.1pet 7kb
tx2xmp_variety_pack.1.pet 10kb
mccc_deluxe.pet 98kb
mcc-bbwp-xmod84.pet 16kb
mcc-bbwp.pet 12kb
mmc2.pet 20kb
mcc-icon_pack1.pet 51kb
bbwp2.pet 16kb

______

______

from the updated Styles(/grab formatting/how-to) template in bbwp/html:

Quote:
[...]seems saving to pdf works in mozilla based browsers after all, and i need to take back some of my hedging on its usability as a word processor--it will save the changes you make in the editable tab if you save it as a pdf through the print dialog, but the same file downloaded through the same interface doesn't show your changes if you save it as an html file.

(both functions work as expected in chromium based browsers, and either can use bookmarking to return to previous work. drag and drop the file to an open browser; use the rox new templates to start a project wherever you like.)

--p. dogfellow, 8/22/17

edit: save as webpage complete as opposed to html only and the mozlilla based family works fine. saving as plain text also works through the ctrl+s function and file menu.

sorry for all the unnecessary drama--it works, it's a word processor.

(enjoy).

mcc_deluxe is the updated mcc pet (some restructuring, the addition of the mini icons, a slimmer version of blankpet at right click (basepet), and the improved bbwp) plus the 1302 mini icons and text2xpm variety pack that made them. (whole thing is 20 kb smaller than just the libreoffice desktop files and five icons that go with them under the same compression (98 vs 118kb according to google; rox add a kb to the readings...)).

mcc2, bbwp2 are the same thing gz compressed. the mcc-bbwp-xmod pet is xz compressed and is the same thing (also the same thing as bbwp2, which is in the repo's word processing and related section rather than utilities (both function as updates to the spins here or for the anuupus suite in general)).

updated pet(s) makes a second html folder inside both /root/my-applications/bbwp/html and /nwp/wp/bbwp/html. originally there was supposed to be a nwp and non-nwp version (mcc2/bbwp2), but it's easy just to delete /nwp if you don't want it, and this way doesn't overwrite any changes you may've made to the original two sets of templates.

paste formatting from any source, including a template made from a sample page of your favorite or often used formatting (including justification, centering, right/left align, font style and size, etc) from your favorite word processor, application, or web site into the Styles tab and copy when needed. use f11 for a wide open, clutter free writing environment.

enjoy/etc.

Very Happy

more on the bbwp (Styles sheet is also scrap, history, howto, and credits) starting here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=959394&sid=05614e8e6725fbe84dff796523608c6d#959394
(Posted: Sat 01 Jul 2017, 16:19 Post subject: bbwp: a tiny browser-based word processor (5k w/o browser)
Subject description: upgrade pet that functions as a stand alone [aside from web browser] word processor and text editor)

and more on the xmodmap/keyboard layout tweaks here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=959394&sid=05614e8e6725fbe84dff796523608c6d#959394
Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2017, 00:07 Post subject: some keyboard tweaks as a pet
Subject description: mod3, modeswitch giving 28 additional function keys, click to reset or for dvorak, colemak, etc

tip: saving as html makes it editable in the browser window whereas the pdfs require (additional) outside program(s) to edit.

enjoy.
Pelo

PostPosted: Wed 13 Sep 2017, 05:27    Post subject: NWP is what i need.  

amigo wrote:
Where does word processing come into this?

It's not the final version Users will wait a little bit . I am so in need of typing , texlive, kingsoft, libre-office, abiword, are not enough.
'i can't get satisfation !' NWP is what i need.

Page 6 of 6 [87 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Documents
Jump to: