Auto-build a Puppy iso; single script with optional gui

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
rufwoof

#101 Post by rufwoof »

0.0.4 downloaded and installed into empty ext3 partition folder. Ran using Puppy Xenial 64 to build a Xenial 64. Took just under a hour (Phenom X4, 2GB ram, 100Mbs link).

Rebooted, re-ran without cleaning, 25 mins to complete.

No devx build requested in either case.

wiak

#102 Post by wiak »

Thanks rufwoof.

I'll look into that xenial build issue you mentioned in other thread. I'm pretty sure its because I haven't tailored the extra-packages routines yet to automatically alter depending on what distribution chosen. I'm working on that and will release update in a day or two. The modification (if it works) is a relatively major change - and so will need some testing to double-check builds become exactly like manual builds from woof-CE. I'll also have an option to allow the manual pop-up extra-packages window to appear, which will also provide a solution to the current issue.

wiak

wiak

ver 0.0.5 released

#103 Post by wiak »

makepup ver 0.0.5 uploaded.

This is a major update and I'm releasing earlier than I normally would because it needs a lot of testing so hoping feedback reports will help me out with that.

Change log extract:

## 0.0.5 Arranged for support/rootfs-packages.conf (extra-packages) to by default automatically vary with distro/version choice chosen
# Added -E/--EXTRACONF to use makepup_extra.conf, if exists, to overwrite rootfs-packages.conf extra packages
# NOTE WELL: Changed previous option -K/--KERNEL to -H/--HUGEKERNEL for numeric hugekernel choice
# Option -K is now used as -K/--KEEPKERNEL to force reuse of the previous hugekernel (this option removed as unneeded in ver 0.0.6)
# (which was usually auto-stored as local-repositories/huge_kernels file)
# Added -T/--THEMESGUI to optionally allow 3builddistro-Z 'Choose Themes' gui to pop-up during the otherwise non-interactive run
# Added -X/--XPOPUPGUI to optionally allow 3builddistro-Z 'extra-packages' gui chooser to pop-up during the otherwise non-interactive run

Usage as before:

Code: Select all

./makepup --help
for brief usage help.

1. By default, makepup will now only download and rebuild changed upstream distribution packages (based on what is already cached in the automatically build woof-CE local-repositories directory).

2. If you want to rebuild ALL_PACKAGES, use commandline argument -R (capital R)

3. If you want to re-download and rebuild all packages, simply delete your (automatically pre-created) woof-CE local-repositories directory and run:

./makepup
(no commandline args required here if you don't want them - produces a slacko Pup by default)

4. If you want to do a rebuild without re-downloading an already existing woof-CE-<branch> directory, use commandline argument -k/--keep:

./makepup -k
5. New option -K/--KEEPKERNEL tells makepup to use huge-kernel already downloaded in previous run (kernel is now automatically stored in local-repositories/keepkernel/ directory). This option removed as unneeded in ver 0.0.6

Can build, for example, XenialPup64bit, using huge-kernel version 4.9.15 with:

./makepup -t 3 -d 5 -r 2 -H 28
REMEMBER: old option -K for kernel choice has now been replaced with -H for HugeKernel choice.

That is:

./makepup \
--target <number>   numeric TARGETARCH choice. e.g. 3 for x86_64
--distro <number>   numeric COMPATDISTRO choice. e.g. 5 for ubuntu
--release <number> numeric COMPATVERSION choice. e.g. 2 for xenial
--KERNEL <number> (numeric HUGEKERNEL choice. e.g. 28 for huge-4.9.15-xenialpup64.tar.bz2
If you want, for example, to rebuild a prevously build XenialPup64 system, keep previous woofbranch download files and directories (option -k) using the same kernel without having to download it again (option -K), you can enter:

./makepup -k -K -t 3 -d 5 -r 2 -H 28
The XenialPup system will build without any user-interaction now. However, if you want the choose-themes gui to Pop-up during the build phase then append option -T to the commandline. Similarly, if you want the extra packages gui to popup during the build phase, append option -X to the commandline.
Note that you can always change themes within most running Pups anyway (if theme changes are available there is usually a utility for that in StartMenu -> Desktop).

wiak
Last edited by wiak on Wed 06 Sep 2017, 00:24, edited 4 times in total.

ally

#104 Post by ally »

ran and built iso running v5 on a lenovo x230

no errors, no switches used

:)

wiak

#105 Post by wiak »

ally wrote:ran and built iso running v5 on a lenovo x230

no errors, no switches used

:)
Thanks ally,

Once ver 0.0.5 has completed testing and any bugs fixed I'll start working on the optional --gui for the program so users can just click on which distro-based Pup they want to build and then leave it all to run unattended.

wiak

wiak

#106 Post by wiak »

Bugfix to woof-CE means a slight change required to makepup so will be uploaded makepup ver 0.0.6 shortly after a little bit of testing here. Sorry for 0.0.5 being so short lived :-)

wiak

wiak

makepup version 0.0.6 uploaded

#107 Post by wiak »

makepup ver 0.0.6 uploaded.

This is a major update and I'm releasing earlier than I normally would because it needs a lot of testing so hoping feedback reports will help me out with that.

Change log extract (for 0.0.5 and 0.0.6):

## 0.0.5 Arranged for support/rootfs-packages.conf (extra-packages) to by default automatically vary with distro/version choice chosen
# Added -E/--EXTRACONF to use makepup_extra.conf, if exists, to overwrite rootfs-packages.conf extra packages
# NOTE WELL: Changed previous option -K/--KERNEL to -H/--HUGEKERNEL for numeric hugekernel choice
# NOTE WELL: option -K no longer used in ver 0.0.6

# Added -T/--THEMESGUI to optionally allow 3builddistro-Z 'Choose Themes' gui to pop-up during the otherwise non-interactive run
# Added -X/--XPOPUPGUI to optionally allow 3builddistro-Z 'extra-packages' gui chooser to pop-up during the otherwise non-interactive run
## 0.0.6 Per my woof-CE github request, huge-kernels now correctly archived in local-repositories so don't need to be re-downloaded once fetched. Function huge-kernel-mod thus altered here to take into account the new difference in rationalise and testing branches.
# No longer need option -K/--KEEPKERNEL, so removed it since woof-CE now automatically saves and uses chosen archived kernels from local-repositories/huge_kernels/. Still using option -H/--HUGEKERNEL for chosing kernel to use in build though.

As before enter command:

./makepup --help
for brief usage help.

Some simple makepup 'recipes':

1. Running with no option switches builds by default a slacko 32bit Pup (packages version slackware 14.2) with kernel 24 huge-4.4.70-s32-700_PAE.tar.bz2:

./makepup
2. The following builds a XenialPup 64bit system with kernel 28 huge-4.9.15-xenialpup64.tar.bz2 from current default woof-CE branch rationalise (however, in practice, I now recommend building from woof-CE testing branch since most bugfixes done there. i.e. adding option -w woof-CE-testing to the commandline as in recipe 5 further below):

./makepup -t 3 -d 5 -r 2 -H 28
Refer to the following linked post to see the meaning of the option value numbers:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 543#965543

3. This example builds a XenialPup 32bit system with kernel 26 huge-4.9.13-xenial_noPAE.tar.bz2 (from current default woof-CE-rationalise - I intend changing default to woof-CE branch testing in later makepup releases):

./makepup -t 2 -d 5 -r 2 -H 26
4. This one builds a 32bit Debian Stretch also with kernel 24 huge-4.4.70-s32-700_PAE.tar.bz2 from woof-CE branch testing:

./makepup -t 2 -d 1 -r 1 -H 24 -w woof-CE-testing
5. The following is for a rebuild of example 2 above (XenialPup 64bit), from the woof-CE-testing branch (rather than current default woof-CE-rationalise branch). Since XenialPup64 has already been built once, the packages have been automatically archived on the local system in local-repositories/X86_64 and the huge kernel 28 has been automatically archived by woof-CE in local-repositories/huge-kernels, which means none of these will be re-downloaded during this second build. To further save download bandwidth, option -k (meaning keep the main woof-CE files) is used so the woofbranch .zip file will not be re-downloaded either:

./makepup -k -t 3 -d 5 -r 2 -w woof-CE-testing -H 28
EDIT: the above command will fail (script end) if you haven't already made a build which downloaded testing.zip... If that happens, just remove the -k. The next makepup version will output an appropriate error message.

makepup builds the XenialPup system without any user-interaction now. However, if you want the choose-themes gui to Pop-up during the build phase then append option -T to the commandline (otherwise the first theme makepup finds is used). Similarly, if you want the extra packages gui to popup during the build phase, append option -X to the commandline. Otherwise makepup builds to completion with no further questions once the main build is initiated.
Note that you can always change themes within most running Pups anyway (if theme changes are available there is usually a utility for that, for example in XenialPup: StartMenu -> Desktop -> JWM Desk manager).

NOTES:

1. By default, makepup will now only rebuild (post-install scripts etc) changed (i.e. CHANGED_ONLY) upstream distribution packages (based on what is already cached in the automatically build woof-CE local-repositories directory).

2. If you want to rebuild ALL_PACKAGES, use commandline argument switch -R (capital R)

3. If you want to re-download and rebuild all packages, simply delete your (automatically pre-created) woof-CE local-repositories packages directory (you may want to keep the archived kernels stored in local-repositories/huge_kernels though) and then run your desired distro/version makepup command.

REMEMBER: old option -K for kernel choice has now been replaced with -H for --HUGEKERNEL choice.

Brief Summary using the XenialDog 64bit build described above for example:

./makepup \
-t/--target <number>           (numeric TARGETARCH choice. e.g. 3 for x86_64)
-d/--distro <number>           (numeric COMPATDISTRO choice. e.g. 5 for ubuntu)
-r/--release <number>         (numeric COMPATVERSION choice. e.g. 2 for xenial)
-H/--HUGEKERNEL <number>  (numeric HUGEKERNEL choice. e.g. 28 for huge-4.9.15-xenialpup64.tar.bz2
-w/--woofbranch   <woof-CE-branch>  (either: woof-CE-rationalise or woof-CE-testing
Again, refer to the following linked post to see the meaning of the option value numbers:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 543#965543

NOTE WELL that you CAN build a 64bit Pup from a 32bit Puppy distribution using makepup/woof-CE. However, if the target architecture is x86_64, 64bit system, then you MUST select a 64bit kernel or the built system won't boot - okay to boot a 32bit x86 system with a 64bit kernel though...).

Next makepup version (aside from bug fixes) will likely include first very simple (optional) gui. More advanced gui addon planned for later.

wiak

Billtoo

Auto-build woof-CE Puppy using single script

#108 Post by Billtoo »

I used the makepup script "./makepup -t 2 -d 5 -r 2 -H 26 -w woof-CE-testing" to build xenialpup:

System: Host: puppypc19103 Kernel: 4.9.13 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: JWM 2.3.5 Distro: xenialpup 7.0.6
Machine: Device: desktop System: Hewlett-Packard product: p7-1246s serial: MXX232077R
Mobo: Foxconn model: 2ADA v: 1.00 BIOS: AMI v: 7.12 date: 06/07/2012
CPU: Quad core Intel Core i5-3550 (-MCP-) speed/max: 1600/3301 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
Display Server: X.org 1.18.4 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 130x31 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card-1: Ralink RT5390 Wireless 802.11n 1T/1R PCIe driver: rt2800pci
Card-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
Drives: HDD Total Size: 3008.6GB (0.7% used)
Weather: Conditions: 55 F (13 C) - Partly Cloudy Time: September 6, 9:39 AM EDT
Info: Processes: 227 Uptime: 25 min Memory: 180.6/3507.8MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8
root#

It's working okay so far, kodi works but smplayer/smtube aren't
available.
EDIT:
I used makepup on my 2004 Compac Presario P4 with hyperthreading, it
took 2.5 hours to complete the script.

root# inxi -bw
System: Host: puppypc16891 Kernel: 4.9.13 i686 (32 bit) Desktop: JWM 2.3.5 Distro: xenialpup 7.0.6
Machine: Device: desktop System: Compaq Presario 061 product:
DQ182A-ABA S6700NX NA410 v: 0nB1411RE101COBRA10 serial: MXM41001K5
Mobo: ASUSTeK model: Cobra v: 1.xx serial: X312345678
BIOS: American Megatrends v: 3.28 date: 08/27/2004
CPU: Single core Intel Pentium 4 (-HT-) speed: 2800 MHz (max)
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] RV530 [Radeon X1600 PRO]
Display Server: X.org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 123x35 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card: Realtek RTL-8100/8101L/8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter driver: 8139too
Drives: HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (3.5% used)
Weather: Conditions: 66 F (19 C) - Scattered Clouds Time: September 7, 2:46 PM EDT
Info: Processes: 170 Uptime: 1 min Memory: 107.8/1507.3MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8
root#

Kodi works well, installed an older smtube pet from slacko + an older
qt pet from lucid so that works too.
The graphics and sound cards on this pc aren't the originals.

Working great :)
EDIT2: I also have mint installed on this pc, it does run better than xenialpup, easy to update too, but xenialpup is still fun to use.

bill@bill-DQ182A-ABA-S6700NX-NA410 ~ $ inxi -bw
System: Host: bill-DQ182A-ABA-S6700NX-NA410 Kernel: 4.4.0-93-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3
Distro: Linux Mint 18.1 Serena
Machine: System: Compaq Presario 061 product: DQ182A-ABA S6700NX NA410 v: 0nB1411RE101COBRA10
Mobo: ASUSTeK model: Cobra v: 1.xx Bios: American Megatrends v: 3.28 date: 08/27/2004
CPU: Single core Intel Pentium 4 (-HT-) speed: 2800 MHz (max)
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] RV530 [Radeon X1600 PRO]
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RV530 GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 11.2.0
Network: Card: Realtek RTL-8100/8101L/8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter driver: 8139too
Drives: HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (3.3% used)
Weather: Conditions: 59 F (15 C) - Mostly Cloudy Time: September 7, 9:14 PM EDT
Info: Processes: 178 Uptime: 2:06 Memory: 205.6/1506.7MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35
bill@bill-DQ182A-ABA-S6700NX-NA410 ~ $
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
(78.42 KiB) Downloaded 1618 times
screenshot.jpg
(43.47 KiB) Downloaded 1806 times
Last edited by Billtoo on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 01:22, edited 2 times in total.

Billtoo

Auto-build woof-CE Puppy using single script

#109 Post by Billtoo »

I used "./makepup -t 3 -d 5 -r 2 -H 28 -D -w woof-CE-testing" no quotes
while running from Slacko64-6999 to build xenialpup64.

root# inxi -bw
System: Host: puppypc23003 Kernel: 4.9.15 x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: JWM 2.3.6 Distro: xenialpup64 7.0.8.4
Machine: Device: desktop System: ACER product: Aspire M5620 v: R01-A4 serial: PTS860X0348050CF642700
Mobo: ACER model: G33T-AM v: 1.0 serial: 00000000 BIOS: American Megatrends v: R01-A4 date: 12/19/2007
CPU: Quad core Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 (-MCP-) speed/max: 1603/2403 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GF108 [GeForce GT 430]
Display Server: X.org 1.18.4 drivers: nouveau (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
tty size: 144x31 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card: Intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection driver: e1000e
Drives: HDD Total Size: 36.0GB (12.2% used)
Weather: Conditions: 68 F (20 C) - Mostly Cloudy Time: September 6, 4:05 PM EDT
Info: Processes: 198 Uptime: 11 min Memory: 349.6/7984.1MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.8
root#

It created the devx + iso, seems to be working okay so far but will try it out more later.

EDIT: Mpv,kodi,smplayer,smtube,and vlc all work fine with the nouveau driver.

Thanks.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
(33.04 KiB) Downloaded 1725 times

wiak

makepup ver 0.0.7 with simple gui uploaded

#110 Post by wiak »

makepup ver 0.0.7 uploaded.

TEMPORARILY WITHDRAWN UPLOAD, SORRY. Just before heading out I noticed my build had completed but incomplete... So I thought it prudent to withdraw current upload. I'll test tomorrow and update once sure it is mainly working

wiak
Last edited by wiak on Sat 09 Sep 2017, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.

LateAdopter

#111 Post by LateAdopter »

Hello wiak, thanks for this.

Is it possible to use makepup with a local copy of Woof-CE?

I'm interested in poking about in Woof-CE, without knowing what I'm doing, to find out what it takes to move to a later Ubuntu release.

Makeup would make trial-and-error experimenting much easier.

Thanks. Have a good weekend!

wiak

#112 Post by wiak »

LateAdopter wrote:Hello wiak, thanks for this.

Is it possible to use makepup with a local copy of Woof-CE?

I'm interested in poking about in Woof-CE, without knowing what I'm doing, to find out what it takes to move to a later Ubuntu release.

Makeup would make trial-and-error experimenting much easier.

Thanks. Have a good weekend!
Yes, nearly. But not on the first run because the packages for desired distro aren't in woof-CE branch itself - they get downloaded from various repositories. Also the huge-kernel package has to be downloaded on first run (its same as running the woof-CE main scripts manually). However, thereafter you can rebuild and play with the same distribution and not have to redownload. Except... the package lists always need to be downloaded (since they may have been updated inbetween times) - but they are not big.

The key to keeping existing packages is first of all that both the huge-kernel and the repository packages are archived automatically by woof-CE system scripts into the 'local-repositories' directories woof-CE auto-creates. And when you next run makepup (after first build you just need to supply it with the commandline switch -k to keep the woof-CE-branch you already have (for example: the recommended to use woof-CE-testing). Will be easier still once I fix/test/upload the new version 0.0.7 (now 0.0.8 ) makepup since the gui has drop down lists and checkboxes to make it easy to click on the options you need (most options are fine by default).

Sorry might be another day before my testing of new version is complete and reupload. It's proving to be a little trickier to fix than I thought... Code now fixed - uploading 0.0.8 ver soon.

wiak

wiak

makepup ver 0.0.8 with simple gui uploaded

#113 Post by wiak »

makepup ver 0.0.8 uploaded

This is a major update, which contains the promised simple gui frontend. I hope someone finds it useful.

gui has gettext dialogs so looking-for/inviting language translators and for testing.

Download available as usual in first post of this thread. Put a copy of the script in a Linux compatible filesystem (e.g. ext2, ext3, ext4 etc) in the directory you want to make the woof-CE build (around 4 to 5 GB free space is required - a Linux formatted usbstick would be fine, or harddrive with suitably-formatted Linux partition.

To run with gui, open terminal at the above directory (i.e. cd into it), and then:

Before running the script, remove the dummy .tar extension. Open a terminal where the script is, and make it executable with command:

chmod +x makepup
followed by:

./makepup -g
(or ./makepup --gui)

Once you are happy with the settings in the gui, simply press button "Build Your Pup!" and then answer the couple of terminal outputted questions with y followed by Enter (to confirm) and then go and have a coffee or something whilst you wait patiently for your Pup to be built to completion. Once the scripts have finished, you should find your built Puppy in woof-out_*/sandbox3/build (as frugal install files) or as a bootable iso in woof-out_*/woof-output*.

Feedback useful and appreciated; reported bugs will be fixed ASAP.

Hoping users will help test out the gui operation thoroughly, but makepup can also still be run without the gui, if wished, as a commandline program with switches to fully control its operation.

Change log extract:

## 0.0.7 Now with simple gtkdialog settings gui. To access this, simply run: ./makepup --gui (or ./makepup -g).
# Added gettext strings to gui; would need computer locales/language guru to check that works...
## 0.0.8 Minor bug fixes

Extract from first post:

makepup can be used when you want to set up an unattended Pup build from woof-CE (woof-CE provides the distribution, makepup just automates the selection of choices at this stage). Over time woof-CE operation will change and develop and makepup will be maintained and modified to accommodate such changes [and could even be developed to provide extra facilities not yet accepted into woof-CE itself, if that ever proves useful].

Hopefully makepup is useful if you need to upgrade your distribution with new security fixes and so on since re-running makepup with the same selections will by default download any changes packaged (and can be only changed ones) and rebuild the iso. Updating critical packages can often be difficult or impossible whilst the Puppy is actually running so makepup provides one way currently round that issue.

Disclaimer: For above upgrade scheme to work it is very important that woof branch distro developers maintain their woof-CE builds carefully (and avoid using remastering techniques) since makepup can only (currently) download what is actually provided by woof-CE. makepup may also be useful for experimenting with woof-CE builds so you don't have to sit there continually select options throughout the build process each time you want to rebuild! Not everyone will find makepup useful.

wiak
Last edited by wiak on Sun 10 Sep 2017, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

davids45

Kernel list

#114 Post by davids45 »

G'day wiak,

Posting from my latest success with your script, a xenial-706 with the 4.1.30-PAE kernel.

I used version 008 but still via the simple terminal (no gui test) and choosing by modifying the makepup.conf file.

A question about the terminal list (mine dated 29 Aug 2017) - what release is 's32' and 's64'? I'd guess either debian or devuan but wouldn't know which?

Thanks,

David S.

nilsonmorales

#115 Post by nilsonmorales »

Hey wiak please change the for [-i] in your script, guess :)
Traducción al español version 0.1.2
Attachments
makepup.mo.tar
Version 0.1.2 Locales en español, borrar extension .tar/Spanish locales delete fake .tar
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Last edited by nilsonmorales on Fri 22 Sep 2017, 03:42, edited 3 times in total.
[b][url=http://nilsonmorales.blogspot.com/]My blog |[/url][/b][b][url=https://github.com/woofshahenzup]| Github[/url][/b]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/5tz5vrrX/imag018la6.gif[/img]
[img]http://s5.postimg.org/7h2fid8pz/botones_logos3.png[/img]

wiak

#116 Post by wiak »

@Davids45: Hi David, Sorry, I don't know about kernel details. You'd need to ask at the 'woof-CE needs you' thread about that.

@nilsonmorales: Thanks greatly for the gui Spanish translation file. I've linked to it at top of first post of this thread.

wiak

wiak

Spanish translation by nilsonmorales

#117 Post by wiak »

wiak wrote:@Davids45: Hi David, Sorry, I don't know about kernel details. You'd need to ask at the 'woof-CE needs you' thread about that. I'm happy the program is working for you ;-)

@nilsonmorales: Thanks greatly for the gui Spanish translation file. I've linked to it at top of first post of this thread. Great theme-work by the way!

wiak

peebee

Re: Kernel list

#118 Post by peebee »

davids45 wrote:A question about the terminal list (mine dated 29 Aug 2017) - what release is 's32' and 's64'? I'd guess either debian or devuan but wouldn't know which?
Kernels are pretty agnostic to the base system, however s32 and s64 are slacko 32-bit and 64-bit builds by 01micko....

What really matters in determining kernel features is the DOTconfig in /etc/modules and what firmware has or has not been included.
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

davids45

Kernel choice - less important?

#119 Post by davids45 »

G'day peebee,

Thanks for the reply re my kernel query.

Looking at another post on the forum http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 053#966053, using the code:

./makepup -d 1 -r 1

made a Debian Stretch Pup, presumably using the makepup default huge Slacko kernel.

And that's an example of your agnosticism? Sounds like more fun to be had, just mix and don't match. I'll see how I go.

Thankfully, I've never been religious.

David S.

Pelo

agnosticism : what is that ?

#120 Post by Pelo »

agnosticism : what is that ?
i each of you can do his own Puppy, that is nice.
Me, and many, can only use Puppies done by Puppy-builders, professional ones;
What we have is the choice: they are so many. Just well explain what is contained in the box if ever you want to release them, not with words unknown in dictionnaries.
Most of downloaders are from Windows (there are billions, only 1% using Puppy will be a huge success.)