DebianDog HowTo thread

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
AndresC2

#121 Post by AndresC2 »

Hello Toni! :D :D :D

Thanks you so much :D :D :D
If Wheezy (or Squeeze) works using r128 driver with this video card you can try to replace manualy /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/r128_drv.so with the one from Wheezy deb package:
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/xser ... video-r128

You are Genius Toni!!!

Search for this and so simple solution.

Works great in Jessie and Stretch.

I hope this solution help anybody with this video card ati.

Thank you Toni 8) 8) 8)

saintless

Save session on CD/DVD

#122 Post by saintless »

Can DebianDog save sessions on CD/DVD?
Yes, very easy.

Live-boot-2 provides the best options but works with live-boot-3 also.
Better test using RW CD/DVD.

Burn DebianDog on CD/DVD in multisession mode.
Boot DebianDog with live boot using toram parameter (you will have to edit manually toram=01-filesystem.squashfs to toram only). This will copy the CD/DVD content to ram loading all .squashfs, folders ending with .dir to ram leaving the CD/DVD disk unmounted. Do some changes and save the session on the CD/DVD using this command in terminal:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 0aaa#77031

Code: Select all

growisofs -M /dev/sr0 -D -R -l -new-dir-mode 0755 -graft-points live/10.dir=/live/cow
This will create /live/10.dir with /live/cow copy inside. 10.dir will be loaded after boot at top of 01-filesystem.squashfs.
Save new session using 11.dir, 12.dir etc. You can use as many folders as you wish with live-boot. None of them will use loop device so the options could be unlimited.

Could be used with porteus-boot using something like next-save with mods to copy the session in RAM, create squashfs and write the squashfs to the CD/DVD.

Edit: With small change in live-boot-2 and live-boot-3 initrd script toram will copy only /live folder content (instead whole medium) to ram loading all modules and .dir ending folders to ram. It was impossible option for hdd or usb drive frugal install before using toram. Now works and it is better for CD/DVD boot too.
The changes in live-boot-2 and live-boot-3 scripts.

The script savedir2dvd works with live-boot2 and live-boot-3 saving sessions in subfolders inside /live on multisession DVD. The command posted above works fine for direct burning /live/cow content on the DVD each session, but this script makes a copy with some cleaning and confirmation prompts (could be easy changed to make squashfs from the folder for porteus-boot support). Works well for my needs but save on DVD is still new area for me. Use it on your own risk!

Copy and cleanup the folder before burning the session gives option to delete manually personal files and edit something before burning. The session size is much smaller compared to direct /live/cow burning and on next boot you will need less RAM space compared to direct /live/cow burning.

At some point your RAM probably will not be enough for new sessions and you will have to boot without toram using the DVD (much slower system compared to copy to RAM). And since you can't unmount the DVD anymore you can't save more sessions to it. So be careful saving too many sessions and keep in mind how much RAM your computer have.

One good option I see using multisession DVD (example for DebianDog-Squeeze for now):

Make remastered DebianDog-Squeeze iso version for your needs using the modified initrd1.img and initrd.img and savedir2dvd scripts and burn this version as iso to multisession DVD (RW recommended). The point to change initrd1.img and initrd.img is because they include the changes in toram above and will copy only the /live content from the DVD in RAM instead the whole DVD content. This means you can make folder like for example /sfs at top of the DVD and burn there session with any squashfs modules for Squeeze like DEVX, custom modules made with apt2sfs etc. I guess over 4Gb DVD size is enough for extra squashfs modules (more than enough for me). If you have the folder with squashfs modules on your hard drive like /media/sda1/sfs you can burn it to the DVD with:

growisofs -M /dev/sr0 -D -R -l -new-dir-mode 0755 -graft-points sfs/=/media/sda1/sfs
Now booting the DVD with toram only parameter will copy and load the content of /live in RAM. Any new session you can save with savedir2dvd script and will be auto-loaded on boot. If you need extra module just mount the DVD and load on the fly the module from /sfs folder you need. You can burn new session with new modules inside /sfs as long as you have space on the DVD.

What if something wrong happents and you can't boot after saving session? Just use toram=01-filesystem.squashfs parameter and only the main module will be loaded. Check out what is wrong with the last saved session folder and fix it burning next session with the fix. For example if it is incompatible xorg module burn the next session using the old module. Or if you deleted by mistake some important system file marked as .wh. in your last saved folder simply make new session with copy of this file. It will be available again after reboot.

If you don't understand what I wrote above better skip reading and don't play with saving sessions on DVD. Just keep in mind it is an option you can use after spending some time to learn more about and do your own experiments.

All above could be used with standard Debian Squeeze, Wheezy, Jessie. The script savedir2dvd works with dash but it still needs aufs boot. For Debian Stretch you can't use it because aufs is replaced with overlay and overlay doesn't support multiple .dir folders in /live loading yet. The only way to use it in Stretch is to build aufs module and boot with aufs. Still I can't tell if the changes in live-boot scripts the last year keep .dir loading working well. I haven't experimented save session on DVD with Stretch using aufs yet. Edit2: After some testing .dir loading seems to work with overlay too (not only with aufs) but I can't confirm there are no issues without more testing. Maybe I will experiment overlay saving session on DVD later.

BTW casper also loads folders ending in .dir in /casper which means save session on CD/DVD works with Ubuntu (and MintPup, XenialDog) but casper doesn' support toram= (the Trusty version at least). Otherwise small change makes possible to load only /casper folder in RAM instead whole medium and this makes possible using copy to RAM for Ubuntu based HDD or USB frugal install and save sessions on DVD. The change is: /scripts/casper

Toni
Last edited by saintless on Sun 13 Aug 2017, 16:12, edited 3 times in total.

007_james_bond

direct log in

#123 Post by 007_james_bond »

Hi I am using stretchDog 32 bit. It automatically log in as root user. Can I modify it so that I can automatic log in as puppy user. BTW I can switch to root user to puppy or vice versa but It will be helpful if I can directly log into puppy user. Can any one help me?

saintless

How to change the root autologin to user

#124 Post by saintless »

007_james_bond wrote:Hi I am using stretchDog 32 bit. It automatically log in as root user. Can I modify it so that I can automatic log in as puppy user. BTW I can switch to root user to puppy or vice versa but It will be helpful if I can directly log into puppy user. Can any one help me?
Since the community developers team is too busy to answer new users questions - here is how you can change the autologin from root to puppy (or other user) in DebianDog (should work with the forked versions like stretchdog and others):
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 26f#850601

How to change the root autologin to user:
saintless wrote:DebianDog has user account puppy included or you can create new user using System -> Add New User GUI menu.
For both versions (Jwm and OpenBox) you can change the default autologin from root to user by editing:

For sysvinit boot change root to puppy (or new created user name) in /etc/inittab:

1:2345:respawn:/bin/login -f root </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>&1
For systemd boot change root to puppy (or new created user name) in /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants:

ExecStart=-/sbin/agetty --noclear -a root %I 38400
In case using Jwm version typing in terminal xdm-start will boot to xdm login prompt.
Typing xdm-stop will restore autologin as root.

Toni

007_james_bond

thank you

#125 Post by 007_james_bond »

Thanks Saintless for your solution. :)

saintless

Remove hard coded live folder name from porteus-boot

#126 Post by saintless »

How to remove hard coded live folder name from porteus-boot:

For advanced users only because you need to rebuild initrd1.xz after editing linuxrc inside.

Using live folder name still causes some confusion and problems with same live name folder on different partition.
Since live-boot can use different boot folder name using live-media-path= maybe it will be convenient to remove hardcoded live directory from porteus-boot too.
For example this is what sfs did for PuppyRus-A using dir= parameter. Needs only small change in linuxrc (needs from= always):
https://github.com/MintPup/DebianDog-Wh ... e99ab41c60
After next change from= is needed only if using psubdir=
https://github.com/MintPup/DebianDog-Wh ... ab828b4441
I use psubdir= like in Puppy because I find it better to use the same parameter, but can be changed to anything.

Example DebianDog porteus-boot after the above changes for frugal install on sda1:

Use live if there is no psubdir= parameter:

title DebianDog-Porteus in live (no-save)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /live/vmlinuz1
 initrd /live/initrd1.xz
Rename live to dd-stretch:

title DebianDog-Porteus in dd-stretch (no-save)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /dd-stretch/vmlinuz1 psubdir=dd-stretch from=/
 initrd /dd-stretch/initrd1.xz
Or move the main module, initrd1.xz and vmlinuz1 in /porteus/dd-stretch and use:

title DebianDog-Porteus in /porteus/dd-stretch (no-save)
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /porteus/dd-stretch/vmlinuz1 psubdir=dd-stretch from=porteus
 initrd /porteus/dd-stretch/initrd1.xz
Much more flexible options, closer to Puppy boot code and no need from subdir live anymore.

Toni

backi

#127 Post by backi »

Hi Toni !
Good info .
Not so bad idea .So keep it also keeps closer to Puppy .

saintless

porteus-boot - boot from iso avoiding live folder name

#128 Post by saintless »

Boot from iso with porteus-boot avoiding live folder name without rebuilding initrd1.xz:

Example with DebianDog-Squeeze-hybrid-30.04.2016.iso but should work with any DebianDog iso or forked version.

Like live-boot you can use porteus-boot to boot from unpacked iso image after extracting vmlinuz1 and initrd1.xz on your hard drive.

Create on sda1 folder named porteus (or any other name). Download/copy inside /porteus the iso image (DebianDog-Squeeze-hybrid-30.04.2016.iso in the example below). Mount the iso image and copy vmlinuz1 and initrd1.xz inside /porteus folder.

Boot code saving changes in /porteus/changes folder:

title DebianDog on sda1 from iso changes in /porteus/changes folder
 root (hd0,0)
 kernel /porteus/vmlinuz1 from=/porteus/DebianDog-Squeeze-hybrid-30.04.2016.iso changes=porteus
 initrd /porteus/initrd1.xz
You can do the same with live-boot using fromiso= boot code.

Toni

saintless

Cut the size of libgl1-mesa-dri

#129 Post by saintless »

How to cut the size of libgl1-mesa-dri:

DebianDog doesn't include libgl1-mesa-dri which can be installed easy from the user with:

sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri
The reason it isn't included by default in DebianDog is the same as we keep /usr/share/locale and man, doc, info files as separate modules out of the iso.

libgl1-mesa-dri package provides many video drivers you will never need and the package size grows up each new stable Debian version.

Here is how to keep the size small if you need 3d acceleration on your computer (example for DebianDog-Squeeze but works for any later version): Download libgl1-mesa-dri for your DebianDog version and extract the deb package.
https://packages.debian.org/search?keyw ... ection=all

Check out the video card on your computer:

lspci | grep "VGA"
00:01.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82810 DC-100 (CGC) Chipset Graphics Controller (rev 03)
I need the intel driver only for my computer.
Create directory /usr/lib/dri and copy only i810_dri.so from the extracted libgl1-mesa-dri deb package. I see 3 different drivers for Squeeze included but it is easy to find the correct one after trying one at a time.
Exit X and startx and you have now working 3d acceleration adding only the size of the driver you actually need.
To confirm the result you can install mesa-utils and type glxgears in terminal.

If some other package on your system needs libgl1-mesa-dri as dependency and you have to install it anyway - you can do the same trick by installing the package and removing manually the drivers you don't need from /usr/lib/dri

Toni
Attachments
libgl1-mesa-dri-cut.jpg
(62.3 KiB) Downloaded 645 times

saintless

How to lock-up your system after increasing tmpfs

#130 Post by saintless »

How to lock-up your system (or prevent it) after advices to increase the tmpfs size:

By default Debian, Ubuntu, Porteus limits the real RAM size mounted as tmpfs to 50-60% of your real RAM size when using no-persistent boot. This is for a good reason but Porteus for example gives option to increase it by using ramsize= boot parameter.

DebianDog has three boot methods and the tmpfs mount point is different for each (but always available as link to /live/cow):

live-boot-2 - /live/cow mount point.
live-boot-3 - /lib/live/mount/overlay (link to /live/cow)
porteus-boot - /mnt/live/memory/changes (link to /live/cow)

You can read more and more suggestions to increase the tmpfs size by remounting and adding line in /etc/rc.local to automate this on boot. This is useful some times as long as you read the numbers. The safe number is 90% or less if you don't want to press the PC power button often. There is good reason to keep the real RAM size limited because once it gets full your system freezes, locks-up and the only option is hard reboot by pressing the power button on your machine.

What will happen if you use 130% or even 200%?

I will give example with porteus-boot because it is more and more suggested and more and more applications and code shared in the forum doesn't work anymore for the official Debian live-boot:

Lets use machine with 256Mb and see the result booting without persistent:

df -h /
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
aufs                  149M   30M  120M  20% /
This means on boot I can use 149Mb to store session changes. Lets copy 500Mb file in / - the result is:

cp /media/sda1/500Mb.file /
cp: writing `/500Mb.file': No space left on device

df -h /
aufs                  149M  149M     0 100% /
Nice because I can still write, open file manager, exit X or reboot without problems.

Now lets test 90% increase:

mount -t tmpfs -o "remount,size=90%" tmpfs /mnt/live/memory/changes

df -h /
aufs                  223M   30M  194M  14% /
Now I have 223Mb of real 256Mb RAM to store changes. Same test with 500Mb file copy in /

cp /media/sda1/500Mb.file /
cp: writing `/500Mb.file': No space left on device

df -h /
aufs                  223M  223M     0 100% /
OK, I can still write, open file manager, exit X or reboot without problems.
My advice is to stop here and use 90% max.

Lets follow the advices about 130% or 200% increase.
In fact it doesn't matter if you use 130% or 200% or 10000% increase. It will work with more than 10000% even but the false information about your tmpfs size will lead you to system lock-up and hard reboot:

mount -t tmpfs -o "remount,size=130%" tmpfs /mnt/live/memory/changes

df -h /
aufs                  323M   30M  293M  10% /
Seems I can use 323Mb to store changes having only 256Mb real RAM (I can easy cheat the system I have 25Gb using 10000% increase). But only seems that way. Now the same copy operation with 500Mb file causes system lock-up and the only way out is hard reboot.

Edit: Before you get some confusion ramdisk size isn't connected with the RAM usage by programs I will add:
Ramdisk (or tmpfs size) eats your real RAM and leaves less and less available RAM for programs to run. Any file or data you add or copy in your tmpfs leaves less and less RAM for program usage.
Having the default 50-60% ramdisk leaves 50-40% RAM for programs usage always. Increasing the ramdisk size to 90% and filling up these 90% by installing/copying files leaves only 10% of your RAM for programs usage.
But the problem is programs like htop will not calculate the ramdisk size usage as used RAM and will give you false information you still have around the same RAM size (256Mb RAM in my case instead only 25Mb real free RAM).
Next time I start Firefox it will take seconds to freeze the system if I don't use swap.

Increasing the default ramdisk size is something that needs more explaining before recommendation to use it.

Toni
Last edited by saintless on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#131 Post by backi »

Hi Saintless !
Thanks for detailed and competent explanation of this Topic .
Regards !

saintless

SWAP file and SWAP partition troubles:

#132 Post by saintless »

SWAP file and SWAP partition troubles:

Debian and Ubuntu live systems are configured to use swap partitions on boot using boot parameter swapon (older live-boot and casper-boot) and swap (newer live-boot).
You can't use swap file on boot adding the above parameters.

Swap file can be used by adding script in /root/Startup to execute the command:

swapon /path-to/my-swap-file
Or for user account to execute:

xterm -e sudo swapon /path-to/my-swap-file
Should work from /etc/rc.local script also.
Or you can add entry in /etc/fstab like in the example here:
https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add ... ile-howto/

The problem is if you use swap or swapon parameter with live-boot (DebianDog) or casper-boot (MintPup, XenialDog) the /etc/fstab file will be replaced on boot and will overwrite your modified /etc/fstab hiding the line to load your custom swap file or other /etc/fstab mounts you made. In that case make sure to remove the parameter swap or swapon from your boot code and then your modified /etc/fstab will work.

Porteus-boot also will use available swap partition (not swap file) on boot without adding extra parameters. If you use porteus-boot it shouldn't replace /etc/fstab even if swap partition is available. But if you add custom entry for swap file in /etc/fstab just in case add noswap parameter to your porteus-boot code.

Links with the same problem explained before In DebianDog threads:
https://github.com/DebianDog/Jessie/wiki/Live-boot-3
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 037#831037

Toni

saintless

Porteus-boot loop devices tips:

#133 Post by saintless »

Porteus-boot loop devices tips:

There is some confusion about how many squashfs modules can load DebianDog on boot and I read from time to time answers the number is 8 (from /dev/loop0 to /dev/loop7) and examples how to increase the number in porteus initrd1.xz linuxrc script.
Yes and No.

YES - live-boot can load only 8 squashfs modules on boot (but can load unlimited number of folders instead with much more comfortable RAM and CPU usage results compared to multiple squashfs modules loading).

No - porteus-boot doesn't need any changes in linuxrc scripts and can load much more squashfs modules as it is in the oldest DebianDog-Squeeze and Wheezy versions.
Tested with 40 squashfs modules inside /live, /live/base and /live/modules but the RAM/CPU usage was too much for my machine and reduced the number to 29-30 squashfs modules to make better testing and screenshot.

root@debian:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
tmpfs on /mnt/live type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)
proc on /mnt/live/proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /mnt/live/sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
none on /mnt/live/dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=123100k,nr_inodes=30775,mode=755)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/live/mnt/sda1 type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /mnt/live/memory/changes type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=152184k)
aufs on / type aufs (rw,relatime,si=fce5482a,nowarn_perm)
/dev/loop0 on /mnt/live/memory/images/01-filesystem.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/live/memory/images/02.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop2 on /mnt/live/memory/images/03.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop3 on /mnt/live/memory/images/04.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop4 on /mnt/live/memory/images/05.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop5 on /mnt/live/memory/images/06.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop6 on /mnt/live/memory/images/07.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop7 on /mnt/live/memory/images/08.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop8 on /mnt/live/memory/images/09.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop9 on /mnt/live/memory/images/10.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop10 on /mnt/live/memory/images/11.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop11 on /mnt/live/memory/images/12.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop12 on /mnt/live/memory/images/13.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop13 on /mnt/live/memory/images/15.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop14 on /mnt/live/memory/images/16.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop15 on /mnt/live/memory/images/17.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop16 on /mnt/live/memory/images/18.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop17 on /mnt/live/memory/images/19.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop18 on /mnt/live/memory/images/20.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop19 on /mnt/live/memory/images/21.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop20 on /mnt/live/memory/images/22.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop21 on /mnt/live/memory/images/23.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop22 on /mnt/live/memory/images/24.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop23 on /mnt/live/memory/images/25.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop24 on /mnt/live/memory/images/26.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop25 on /mnt/live/memory/images/27.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop26 on /mnt/live/memory/images/28.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop27 on /mnt/live/memory/images/29.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
/dev/loop28 on /mnt/live/memory/images/30.squashfs type squashfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/sda1 type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=1,data=ordered)
The problem after booting is no more free loop devices. The system creates only the number it needs if more than 8 squashfs modules exist and exactly 8 loop devices if the squashfs modules are less than 8.

Easy to fix this problem by creating few more loop devices (to mount some iso or load DEVX module for the session for example):

mknod -m 660 /dev/loop31 b 7 31
mknod -m 660 /dev/loop32 b 7 32
The RAM/CPU usage with 30 modules loaded on boot is 5 - 6 time higher compared to only one module on my hardware but still this makes possible to save session on DVD with porteus-boot without changes in linuxrc by creating modules from changes and writing the module in /live folder on the DVD.
Attachments
2017-09-02-235526_1024x768_scrot.jpg
(88.6 KiB) Downloaded 440 times

wiak

#134 Post by wiak »

Good information Toni, thanks. There are so many of these fine, otherwise somewhat hidden, details that are worth knowing and important to document as you are carefully doing.

wiak

Max Headroom

#135 Post by Max Headroom »

Please How to Create a Save Changes Folder rather than a .dat File? Thanx :)K

saintless

#136 Post by saintless »

Max Headroom wrote:Please How to Create a Save Changes Folder rather than a .dat File? Thanx :)K
You already have the answer here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 808#959718
If you have different setup compared to the one in the link above post the boot code you use now.
It is the same using Xenial or DebianDog. You need ext2,3,4 partition to be able to use save folder. Usually adding changes=/ will create /changes save folder on ext2,3,4 partition if it is available. Or in the link above you can see how to add it in different name subfolder.
Read also examples here:
https://github.com/DebianDog/Jessie/wiki/Porteus-boot
https://github.com/DebianDog/xenialdog/ ... rteus-boot

dancytron

#137 Post by dancytron »

Max Headroom wrote:Please How to Create a Save Changes Folder rather than a .dat File? Thanx :)K
Just use a different entry in menu.1st file and the folder is created automatically. It has to be on a linux partition.

Here is a sample for you to use as a guide.

The first one is save on exit or when you run save2flash only. Second one is save as you go. Third is don't use save folder.
title newchromebook Jessie64 (sda2) noauto from=/newchromebook/ changes=EXIT:/newchromebook/
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/newchromebook/live/vmlinuz1 noauto from=/newchromebook/ changes=EXIT:/newchromebook/
initrd (hd0,1)/newchromebook/live/initrd1.xz

title newchromebook for upgrade Jessie64 (sda2) noauto from=/newchromebook/ changes=/newchromebook/
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/newchromebook/live/vmlinuz1 noauto from=/newchromebook/ changes=/newchromebook/

title newchromebook Jessie64 (sda2) No Changes from=/newchromebook/
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/newchromebook/live/vmlinuz1 noauto from=/newchromebook/
Last edited by dancytron on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#138 Post by backi »

Hi Maxroom !

All Instructions for different Boot-Methods on first Page of this Thread:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=93496

Other links for different Boot-Methods read carefully here:
https://github.com/DebianDog/Jessie/wiki/Boot-methods
https://github.com/DebianDog/Jessie/wiki/Porteus-boot
Last edited by backi on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 19:05, edited 7 times in total.

saintless

#139 Post by saintless »

Please all, try to leave this thread only for how-to information.
Post questions like that in the correct Debian/XenialDog threads you downloaded the iso from.
After reading the porteus-boot example WIKI first post in the threads your boot code and information about the HDD/USB partitions type you have.
There is already porteus-boot examples post in the first page:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 2f9#774456
More and more posts on the same subject do not help.

Backi, /DEBIAN DOG will not work in your example but /DEBIANDOG will work.
Last edited by saintless on Mon 04 Sep 2017, 07:38, edited 1 time in total.

backi

#140 Post by backi »

Hi Tony !
Thanks......my mistake.......corrected it .

Regards !