E-Mail Provider Recommendations

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
mikeslr

E-Mail Provider Recommendations

#1 Post by mikeslr »

I thought this discussion was sufficiently valuable as to warrant a thread on The Additional Software SubForum, should future users seek advice.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 671#956671.

Feel free to continue it here.

mikesLr

april

#2 Post by april »

It would make more sense if the whole thread were moved here , Do you have the ability to do that?
If not it is better to leave it where it started i think.You are just confusing the thread as its not a software question. It is a service providers question.

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

It's only a link.....

Mike. :wink:

mikeslr

#4 Post by mikeslr »

Hii MIke,

Thanks for defending your namesake. :)

Hi April,

You're probably right, at least with respect to identifying the subject of the thread as pertaining to service providers rather than software. And I appreciate your effort to maintain some semblance of order to the Forum. I, myself, occasionally take the time to point out similar indiscretions by others.

I've long since abandoned the notion that every thought which can pop into one's mind, even mine :( , is flawless*. [I only wish my President shared that insight. :roll:]. As you are someone with whom I share a penchant for orderliness, I'll offer this rationale for my actions [Note my use of the word "rationale" rather than justification]:

Read the initial thread posted in the Beginner's Section. Thought "As the Forum endeavors to be helpful with all questions its readers encounter, recommendations regarding good mail service providers is something future readers might seek." Do something? Do nothing and move on? Chose "do something." The subject is not really a Beginner's question. Want to keep that section for issues faced by Beginners. Can't think off hand where to "house" such discussion. Scanned the index from top to bottom. Stopped when I saw the Title "Browsers and Internet". :idea: Stopped thinking. :oops: Never got to the "Misc
Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else" section, which might have been a better place for such subject's continuation. :oops:

Mea Culpa. Mea Culpa. But being a flawed creature of habit, I'll probably regress. :cry:

mikesLr

* In retrospect, perhaps I should have allowed the other Mike to have the last word. :lol:

p.s. Rationale for responding at all. Note the time of the post. I almost never get up before 09:30. Awoke from 5 hours of sleep with leg cramp. Foggily thought, "Maybe low in potassium --eat a banana." Having done that I am too awake to go back to sleep. Now what do I do? See what's happening on the Forum**. Read this thread while not yet clear headed, a condition which still prevails. See comment above. :)

** Forum: a place were people meet to discuss important matters, gossip, and --being among friends-- occasionally permit themselves to appear foolish for the amusement of others.

april

#5 Post by april »

What a load of useless crap . confuses things more!

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Okay, it seemed the consensus was to move that thread to Browsers and Internet, so I did. I changed the title to make it look like it belongs here. :)

If anyone knows of other threads they think belong in another section of the forum, please don't hesitate to point them out. But please do it in the forum, so there can be discussion. I don't keep up with every thread in the forum, so if a consensus to move it forms, please PM me with a link to the (discussion) thread.