Inkscape 0.91

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
gjuhasz

Inkscape 0.91

#1 Post by gjuhasz »

Hi,

Maybe you are interested in the latest version of Inkscape.

I uploaded inkscape-0.91p.pet to http://www.smokey01.com/gjuhasz/sfs/

Tested in Puli. Works with 666philb's tahrpup 6.0.2 CE and probably with other puppies, too.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
Attachments
Inkscape-0.91.jpg
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 1846 times

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

Just tried this in Slacko 5.6 but the first error showing is "shared libraries: libgtkspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I will have a closer look later and see how many other missing libs I may have.
cheers!

gjuhasz

Missing packages

#3 Post by gjuhasz »

greengeek wrote:Just tried this in Slacko 5.6 but the first error showing is "shared libraries: libgtkspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I will have a closer look later and see how many other missing libs I may have.
cheers!
Dear greengeek,

I created and tested the pet package in Puli based on https://launchpad.net/~inkscape.dev/+ar ... ld/6971648.

There were lots of missing packages to be downloaded one-by-one until Inkscape started to work..

I propose to do the same under Slacko 5.6, instead of adding the missing packages to my pet. This way you may get a smaller .pet file.

Note that the lxml package is still missing from my package. Needed to invoke help and download extras. I will add it soon.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz

gjuhasz

Missing packages added

#4 Post by gjuhasz »

gjuhasz wrote:Note that the lxml package is still missing from my package. Needed to invoke help and download extras. I will add it soon.
Missing packages added. Uploaded to http://www.smokey01.com/gjuhasz/sfs/

The solution is a bit tricky but seems working well. Now the main /usr/bin/inkscape script toggles the whole system between python v2.6 and v2.7
I expect that this is only a temporary workaround until I (or somebody from Inkscape enthusiasts) could find an lxml-numpy combo for python 2.7, compilable in tahrpup CE 6.02.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz

gjuhasz

Re: Missing packages added

#5 Post by gjuhasz »

Hi,

Finally, I could gather all missing packages for Python 2.7.

Uploaded inkscape-0.91f.pet to http://www.smokey01.com/gjuhasz/sfs/

Tested with Puli and tahrpup 6.02 CE.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz

GarySmith

#6 Post by GarySmith »

I'm a heavy CorelDRAW user and would love to use Inkscape.

Can't very well get gradients to work. Trouble for me is trying to get the commands to do similar functions but the one that really keeps me off the workboard for this software is how the ruler marks keep piling up along the top and bottom edge. These are the little triangles that keep track with my mouse pointer as moving around on a page.

Not here to complain but as a graphics creator and one that who could recommend this free software to the public for use with my own work, it just seems difficult.

Are there any real Inkscape users here?

Has this improved in any other version.

Gary
_______

souleau

#7 Post by souleau »

Thank you for this package. It works on Puppy Precise 5.7.1, though you do have to perform a dirty trick for it to start up.

One of the dependencies seems to be libpoppler.so.44, which is a PDF converter if I'm correct.
Trouble is, the libpoppler44 package is Tahr only. So I created a symlink in /usr/lib/ called libpoppler.so.44, which links to libpoppler.so.19.0.0 in the same folder.

And now it works.

Pelo

MyPaint, Lazpaint, raw therapee and inkscape

#8 Post by Pelo »

About question if the are real users of inkscape i would say that light version is available in all puppies, but some of us spend days editing pictures as a hobby. MyPaint, Lazpaint, raw therapee and inkscape are for them.
Some devs as Starhawk even created a Pupppy Vincent Van Pup. So did artists workshop for music.
Pupppy Vincent Van Pup for Artists (painters)
Darktable too can please many of Puppy LInux users (same repository gjuhash as inkscape).

souleau

Re: MyPaint, Lazpaint, raw therapee and inkscape

#9 Post by souleau »

Pelo wrote:About question if the are real users of inkscape i would say that light version is available in all puppies, but some of us spend days editing pictures as a hobby. MyPaint, Lazpaint, raw therapee and inkscape are for them.
Some devs as Starhawk even created a Pupppy Vincent Van Pup. So did artists workshop for music.
Pupppy Vincent Van Pup for Artists (painters)
Darktable too can please many of Puppy LInux users (same repository gjuhash as inkscape).
Inkscape is, of course, a vector oriented graphics editor, so its main strength lies in creating graphics which are mathematically defineable, like the svg format.
Also, because it deals with vectors, it is an ideal design tool to use in conjunction with x-y plotters and laser cutters.
It now has a builtin plugin called gcodetools, which allows Inkscape to convert any design into gcode. Gcode is a text based code format used to relay commands and parameters to the controller units of plotters and laser cutters, like Arduino, for instance.

So I'd say it has now become much more than merely a picture editor.

Pelo

#10 Post by Pelo »

41 MB ! big big one
Looking for inskscapelite... Libpng14.so14 is the trouble, missing in my personal pet
I use Inkscape to fit pictures together, often people faces
Attachments
PrecisePPM.jpg
ya mieux
(24.84 KiB) Downloaded 1140 times

souleau

#11 Post by souleau »

Pelo wrote:41 MB ! big big one
Looking for inskscapelite... Libpng14.so14 is the trouble, missing in my personal pet
I use Inkscape to fit pictures together, often people faces
Use PaDS by Lazy Puppy to convert the Inkscape PET package into an SFS.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81511

This way, you can load the Inkscape SFS module and it will not affect the size of your safefile.

Pelo

MTpaint then inkscape, and Lazpaint , what a trio !

#12 Post by Pelo »

MTpaint then inkscape, and Lazpaint , what a trio !
You need a Puppy Linux, of course. But not more.
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 11 Jun 2017, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

froomette Pelo

#13 Post by Pelo »

froomette Pelo
Attachments
SKY.jpg
attention, this girll is dangerous
(36.41 KiB) Downloaded 959 times

MrAccident

#14 Post by MrAccident »

How do I install it?
I found the file "inkscape-0.91f.pet" and installed it; but it doesn't work. Initially - it didn't even create a Puppy's menu launch entry. I tried also to install an SFS file I found of this version; and I think it created the entry - which currently exists; and it doesn't work; nothing happens when I click on it.
Are there packages I need to download? If so - which?

hamoudoudou

inkscape 0.9.1 : Why ?

#15 Post by hamoudoudou »

Inkscapelite in all puppies is a fork of inkscape
old topic 2015
My goal is to fit a rectangular picture to a computer view which is not horizontal. I fail with inkscapelite.
Perhaps inkscape will do it. On try, right now
More than a version number, what we need to know is what a version allows to do, compared to another one.
"Low polygon art is an interesting result that’s recently made an appearance through digital abstract creations. The new Inkscape 0.91 has Voronoi diagrams and Delaunay triangulation, which is what we’ll be using to very easily create poly art in this tutorial."
No Sfs found where you give address :cry: , dear Puli developer

http://goinkscape.com/convert-a-street-map-into-vector-with-inkscape/
How to Unlock the Gradient Mesh Tool in Inkscape
How to Merge Objects in Inkscape
convert pixel art into vector graphics.
Attachments
help.jpg
help included
(78.64 KiB) Downloaded 698 times

mikeslr

Complete Inkscape .48 for tahrpup 32-bit

#16 Post by mikeslr »

The inkscape-0.91p.pet mentioned in the OP seems to have gone missing. I don't have gjuhasz's skills. The best I could do is use PaDS and Puppy Package Manager to combine all the Ubuntu Trusty Tahr debs --including Inkscape's dependency on ImageMagick* files and any 'Bells & Whistles' Puppy Package Manager noted-- into a pet. Hence, it is Inkscape version .48.

You can download it from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fz41zvdy ... 3.pet/file

This is version 6.7 of ImageMagick. However, there doesn't appear to be an ImageMagick executable. But what do I know? I've never used ImageMagick as it's --I believe-- an application run from the command line.

gjuhasz

Re: Complete Inkscape .48 for tahrpup 32-bit

#17 Post by gjuhasz »

mikeslr wrote:The inkscape-0.91p.pet mentioned in the OP seems to have gone missing.
Dear mikeslr,

I uploaded dozens of 32-bit packages to

https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppys ... /packages/

All tested with Puli 6.2.0

Among others, the collection includes many graphical / photo and similar apps such as

- azdrawing-1.4
- AzPainter-2.11p
- Blender-2.78b
- darktable_1.4-2
- gimp-2 (three subversions)
- inkscape-0.48.0pt
- inkscape-0.91f
- LazPaint-6.4.1p
- MyPaint-1.1.1p with wacom-p tablet driver
- nomacs_2.2.0p
- nomacs_3.4.0p
- rawtherapee-4.2.0
- SweetHome3D-5.4

There are video editors such as Cinerella-4.2a, cin-5.1, and flowblade-0.18.

Also, you can try i_view32 with the latest wine or use irfanview-442-full.pet (older wine embedded).

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz
Last edited by gjuhasz on Thu 05 Sep 2019, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.

mikeslr

#18 Post by mikeslr »

Thanks, gjuhasz,

You do such great work. It was distressing not to be able to find it.

I recommend bookmarking the repos.

mike