Please, need .pet of latest Parole media player

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
mistfire

Please, need .pet of latest Parole media player

#1 Post by mistfire »

Hello Can someone compile a pet version of the latest version of parole media player? It must be configured to use gstreamer 0.10.

Thank you

Sailor Enceladus

#2 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

What issues did you have when compiling mistfire?

jlst

#3 Post by jlst »

I was compiling Parole last year, the newer the version the trickier to compile. I think i was able to compile a fairly recent version, after testing I realized that the dependency on gstreamer just kills the joy.

gstreamer 0.10 is the legacy unsupported version... if it's not supported by Parole and other xfce apps anymore, it means they have moved on. I think i compiled the latest version that supported gstreamer 0.10, but i can't remember.

The good news is that anything based on gstreamer cannot top smplayer[mpv/mplayer], xine, vlc, etc.

Pelo

because damned Gstreamer

#4 Post by Pelo »

We cannot fail ! Parole always is missing something. Version 0.3.0.3 with carolina PPM This one plays songs, but dont play CDs cause Gstreamer something..
Gst plugins 0.10.35 give access to CD

Pelo

Parole version 8 runs in Xenial PUP

#5 Post by Pelo »

Parole version 8 runs in Xenial PUP , dependances (4) downloaded from PPM Xenial.. I try it. Not sure that we get a better result for DVDs
Result is not better than with Parole tested with Slim X-Slacko
Mplayer Missing prevents Parole running in LXpup

Pelo

Where do you find it ?

#6 Post by Pelo »

Where do you find it ? Decoder Mpeg-1 for MP3
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 05 Sep 2017, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

something is always missing to get it take off

#7 Post by Pelo »

parole is available from ppm, don't mind if old version. But something is always missing to get it take off :evil: thunar-media-tags-plugin → ajoute, parmi d'autres fonctionnalités, un éditeur de tags ID3,
Attachments
parole.jpg
Slacko 5.3.3 XFCE
(67.26 KiB) Downloaded 55 times