Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 13:04
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Adobe Flash Player Auto Updater
Page 7 of 7 [100 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Sat 13 May 2017, 18:53    Post subject:  

Hiya, Geoff.

Geoffrey wrote:
Easy fix, edit line 109 in /usr/bin/update_flash, change grep -A2 Linux to grep -A3 Linux.

make sure you delete the ~/.flash_update folder if it exists before running the script.

tell me if that fixes it for you...

Flamin' Adobe..! I wonder if they'll ever get tired of playing 'musical URLs'? Laughing

I'm running a slightly adapted version of your Auto-Updater; I've modified the target path to point to my remote data partition, from where I run all my browsers, sym-linked into all my Pups so I only run one instance of each.....using davids45's method.

I've got a single instance of PepperFlash linked into all the Chromium-based browsers.....so I figured it'd make just as much sense to have a single instance of FlashPlayer, sym-linked into every Pup at /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, for the Mozilla-based ones, too.

Which works nicely.

I keep Pepper updated with a slightly adapted version of the modification sfs made to your original script, so's it'll work for Pepper:-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=913162#913162

And it works beautifully.

----------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I've substituted

Code:
grep -A3

...for

Code:
grep -A2

.....deleted /root/.flash_update, re-run Menu->Internet->Update Flash, and she's behaving herself again. (For the moment... Rolling Eyes Laughing )

So, go ahead and re-publish. Sorry to have put you through all that again...! (At least it's working once more.....for the time being.)

Thanks, Geoff. It's very much appreciated. I may be a wee bit 'sloppy' with some stuff in Pup.....but Flash is one thing I am strict about (and running around 10 Pups, it's a nightmare keeping on top of them all manually!) Automating it makes one less thing to worry about...

Mike. Wink

Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun 14 May 2017, 18:42    Post subject:  

Fixed Adobe Flash Player Auto Updater, see first post for new package version 1.8

EdD

PostPosted: Tue 30 May 2017, 10:00    Post subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
Fixed Adobe Flash Player Auto Updater, see first post for new package version 1.8

removed the version on my slacko 6.3.0 and installed the new one. The 'download flashplayer update' pane stays empty, and no download starts. Sorry to say, it ain't working for me.

Geoffrey

PostPosted: Tue 30 May 2017, 18:28    Post subject:  

EdD wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

removed the version on my slacko 6.3.0 and installed the new one. The 'download flashplayer update' pane stays empty, and no download starts. Sorry to say, it ain't working for me.

The directory /root/.update_flash is most likely still in existence from the previous failed attempt, delete it and then it should work Wink

Bird Dog

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun 2017, 00:11    Post subject: Updating Flash  

I'm having problems updating Geoffrey's flash on my 32 bit computer. The update works great on my 64 bit computer (version 26.0.0.131). When I try to update on my 32 bit computer it says adobe flash update has already started. New Version for YUM for Linux.tar.gz for Linux.rpm for Linux. I click resume which is all I can do and it says download flash player update please wait but nothing happens. I also tried deleting the directory through the pfind program and uninstalled everything that said flash update and tried reinstalling like you mentioned above but still no joy.
I now have an older version of flash than what I started with. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bird Dog

Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun 2017, 08:51    Post subject: Re: Updating Flash  

Bird Dog wrote:
it says adobe flash update has already started. New Version for YUM for Linux.tar.gz for Linux.rpm for Linux.

Sounds like you have what Mike Walsh experienced, download and install the latest version update_flash-1.8.pet from the first post,
make sure you delete the ~/.flash_update directory before running the updater.
I just tested the 1.8 version to be sure it's still working, worked fine.

Bird Dog

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun 2017, 20:50    Post subject: Adobe Auto Updater  

Hi Geoffrey I tried deleting anything that had flash update while using pfind but some of the directories wouldn't delete, probably the ones that needed to be. Anyway that gave me an excuse to try Tahrpup 606 and then when I installed your flash update it worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Bird Dog

autumnleaves

PostPosted: Sat 15 Jul 2017, 11:51    Post subject:  

I have been labouring to get a working version of Tahrpup64 6.06 onto a machine, and after multiple reinstall and a couple of major issues, overcome with the help of forum members, I installed the updater (1.Cool so that I would no longer have to see the no flashplayer warning. It seemed to work well, so I set it to run on boot. But when I did a reboot, my mouse pad/keyboard (USB remote) were frozen. I discovered that unplugging and replugging the USB key restored mousepad function, but I still have no keyboard. Has anyone seen this before, and is it due to something the flashplayer updater may have changed?
Thanks for your assistance.
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul 2017, 03:07    Post subject:  

@autumnleaves,

The option for it to check at startup only creates a symbolic link in ~/Startup to the /usr/bin/update_flash.

This shouldn't affect your usb ports, there must be another problem.

This updater only downloads the 32bit version of flash, Getflashplayer might be a better option as it caters for 64bit http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=960815#960815

autumnleaves

PostPosted: Sun 16 Jul 2017, 08:13    Post subject:  

Thank you for your reply, I wonder if the xorg.conf file might be affected. On the first reboot the Nvidia driver lost settings, but on a subsequent reboot correct resolution was restored.
Page 7 of 7 [100 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: