Please post any bugs you have found
exonprac

bugs in Slacko 700 Beta2 and Tahrpup

#1 Post by exonprac »

Bratislava, Slovakia
Hello,
I am very new user of Linux OSs.
I admire the work of developers.
I tested several Linux-es and also Puppy Linux-es.
I noticed some bugs and therefore I mention them here for developers and other users.
Slacko 700 Beta2 and just released Tahrpup.
I use in Google apps the function: translate
https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT
Except translation of the word, there is also possibility to listen pronunciation. In the field of the word impute - lower left corner, there is a small icon of a speaker.
After left click on the icon the word is pronounced. After second click, the word is pronounced slower. This function does not work in the mentioned Puppies, there is only silence.
Right click shows the possibility to view page source.
The function (pronunciation) works normally in Wary Puppy and also in Lubuntu and Bodhi.Pronunciation is very important function for non native English-speaking people like me.
In Wikipedia, there are also often used some specific words that need to be pronounced usually accordingly to the language of origin. Therefore, there is also small icon of speaker after the particular word. After click on the icon the word is pronounced. This function normally works in all three Puppies.
The Slacko Puppy uses GNOM MPlayer for playing movies and other videos. It is very good player but some functions do not work there. E.g., subtitles can be increased but not decreased back. Function „decrease