Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 19:36
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Snif ! Vale for software packages
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
scsijon

PostPosted: Tue 09 May 2017, 20:35    Post subject:  Snif ! Vale for software packages  

It seems that this year is becoming the cleanout year for Linux Software Packages so I thought i'd start a list of what has now gone that we have in the past used for Puppy.

I'd appreciate it if you would add any others you come across.

So i'll start it with Ogle, a free Linux DVD-player with menu support.. It was a Student project by Students of Chalmers University of Technology.

Ogle was the first software DVD-player designed by the open source-community that can handle DVD-menus. It can be controlled by using either the command line or, if you prefer, a simple GUI. If you don´t like the standard GUI, you can download an alternative one from the producer's homepage.

Ogle played from several different sources, including devices, directories or from an ISO-File. If you just want to watch DVDs on your computer, don´t need any fancy gimicks and want a simple to use player, this was the one is for you.
Billtoo

PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 13:49    Post subject: Snif ! Vale for software packages  

I was rooting around today and I found a Racy 5.5 remaster, huge at 600+mb but that includes the kernel source and devx.

It has Ogle-0.92 and Vlc-2.0.5, both seem to work fine.

There's also a Racy iso that's 125mb, I haven't checked yet but I'd guess Ogle is the default DVD player on that.
screenshot.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   57.17 KB
 Viewed   125 Time(s)

screenshot.jpg

scsijon

PostPosted: Wed 10 May 2017, 23:25    Post subject:  

Oh, you misunderstood me, I didn't say the source code wasn't unavailable, it's just that the project has come to the end of it's life!

By the way, you can also check The "Wayback Machine" https://web.archive.org/ for 'stuff gone missing' if you know the origonal servers url, they have quite a selection there.
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Announcements
Jump to: