XVkbd 3.7 + xvkb(jwmb)asiconf + libs

Pelo

B.K. Johnson notre lecteur

#21 Post by Pelo »

B.K. Johnson notre lecteur
Moi je trouve ton pet chouette. C'est le fait que le clavier se met en très grand qui me gêne. C'est sans doute ce que B.K. Johnson a aussi comme problème. Il va bien revenir donner de ses nouvelles Moi je lui donne la solution là-haut. Vous feriez bien de lire attentivement mes posts. Parce que moi çà marche, et vous pas. C'est très souvent. Vous les lisez négligeamment.
Sur la logique, evidemment, si le clavier mécanique est en bon état on s'en sert pour taper français. Le virtuel ne sert que pour taper en langue étrangère, ou si on n'a pas de clavier. Je ne vois pas pourquoi vous cherchez à tout mettre sur un clavier polyvalent alors qu'on a les claviers par langues (enfin les principaux). inclus dans XVkbd. Enfin si, je vois, mais j'ose pas y croire.

Argolance

#22 Post by Argolance »

Bonsoir,
Pelo wrote:C'est le fait que le clavier se met en très grand qui me gêne.
Contrairement à ce que tu penses, tu es bien lu mais ce n'est pas toujours évident de comprendre ce à quoi tu fais allusion. En tout cas, pour ce qui est de la la taille initiale du clavier, effectivement trop grand dans la version 0.1, elle a été corrigée dans xvkbasiconf-0.2.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet (750x250).
Est-ce avec cette version que tu fonctionnes?

Cordialement.
Attachments
170425_222449_1366x768_easyshot.jpg
Configuration 220x85, x=0 y=0
(80.19 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
170425_220349_1366x768_easyshot.jpg
Configuration initiale par défaut 750x250, x=0 y=0
(85.61 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

B.K. Johnson

#23 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Argolance
Apologies if I kept you waiting.

You wrote:
Exclamation As I think you didn't see it, just above capture25851.png, you can download the xvkbdjwmconfig script modified for you (xvkbdjwmconfig.tar), rename it without the .tar" extension, and give it permissions, before copying it to replace the original one.
Correct! I didn't see it. :oops:
Using the old .xvkbjwmbasiconf via xvkbjwmbasiconf-0.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet, I had the keyboard configured and installed, added and tested text to F1 and F2, before shutting down last night. It came up on boot this morning properly placed at top. I subsequently rearranged my desktop icons and changed the xvkb width to 700 and offset to 200(see attached).

All seems well.
Related files found in /root are: .jwmrc, .jwmrc-previous, .jwmrc-tray, .jwmrc-tray-bak, .jwmrc-tray.orig & .jwmrc-xvkbd, .xvkbd and .xvkbjwmbasiconf/

The .jwmrc-xvkbd code is"

Code: Select all

<JWM>
<Tray autohide="top" x="200" y="0" height="250">
    <Swallow name="xvkbd" width="700">
        xvkbd
    </Swallow>
</Tray>
</JWM>
Note that .xvkbjwmbasiconf/ is a directory. It contains config, languages-list and profiles-list.
A file named .xvkbjwmbasiconf does not exist.

So, your new .xvkbjwmbasiconf (fake tar removed) will be an addition rather than a replacement.

Do you think I still need the patch? What will it give me? I'm thinking: If it aint broken, don't fix it. The only complaint I have is I need to Menu>Utility>XVkbd...Configuration after I Quit via the xvkbd key at bottom left. I expect a tray icon to redisplay the keyboard. There isn't one that I can see. Help me find it, please.
Attachments
rearranged_desktop_small.png
Desktop with rearranged icons for keyboard
(162.04 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

Pelo

Argolance le programme plus petit.

#24 Post by Pelo »

On va finir par se rejoindre.
Le clavier de trop grande taille n'est pas un bug, c'était prévu comme çà. Argolance le programme plus petit. Je vas essayer.
OK Dans la version 2.1
La version 3.7 ou 3.0 ou une autre : toutes me vont. Ce qui m'interresse dans le pet d'Argolance c'est sa plus value, la configuration est conviviale, avant j'allais modifier les scripts, et çà j'ai horreur. Et nos clients n'ont pas à programmer, j'en démordrai jamais, sinon on change totalement l'esprit de la Puppy, qui doit servir à faire tourner un ordinateur et des programmes gratuits sur tous les ordinateurs, même vieux.
Et non pas devenir un chien de labo, ce qui est d'ailleurs interdit par la loi internationale de protection des animaux.

Si on enlève le programme de facilitation ton pet n'a plus lieu d'être. En tout cas moi je l'ai mis au chaud. Je répète pour la Xieme fois, un clic suffit pour avoir la taille correcte. Même l'anglais ne sait pas apprendre. Ensuite on le fait glisser comme n'importe quelle autre fenêtre, on n'a pas à bouger les icônes, c'est lui qu'on glisse là où çà nous va le mieux. (Keyboard can be moved with your mouse)

Pour les claviers de langues j'ai toujours comme impression bizarre que vous ne savez pas vous en servir. Le polonais et le hongrois sont à rajoutet, enlever le koréen et l'hébreu si nécessaire. Puppy est populaire en Pologne et en Hongrie, et y a des forums. Le pet leur sera bien utile.
Attachments
La ropa de Lola.jpg
Version 2.1, taille par defaut : bien (Triton MATE 5.7.3)
(66.58 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 15:33, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

Keyboard is not sticked,

#25 Post by Pelo »

B;k Jonhson something strange. Keyboard is not sticked, i can move it with the mouse. Do as i told people and you, use the included menu instead of modifying Puppy desktop !

Argolance

#26 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
B.K. Johnson wrote:Note that .xvkbjwmbasiconf/ is a directory. It contains config, languages-list and profiles-list.
As far as I know, the new "fake tar removed" file is not a hidden file and so, has no point before its name. It has just...
argolance wrote:To be renamed as "xvkbjwmbasiconf" (without .tar) and copied to /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/xvkbjwmbasiconf instead of the original...
The hidden file /root/.xvkbd comes with the virtual keyboard xvkbd itself.
The hidden directory /root/.xvkbjwmbasiconf contains the files (one of them is named "config") which are used by the GUI /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/xvkbjwmbasiconf.
So, your new .xvkbjwmbasiconf (fake tar removed) will be an addition rather than a replacement.
No, the original one must be replaced by the new fake one as described above.
:!: This way, the generated JWM hidden file /root/.jwmrc-xvkbd:

<JWM>
<Tray autohide="top" x="200" y="0" height="250">
        xvkbd
    </Swallow>
</Tray>
</JWM>
will look like ("true" instead of "top" or "bottom"):

<JWM>
<Tray autohide="true" x="0" y="-1" height="250">
        xvkbd
    </Swallow>
</Tray>
</JWM>
if you have chosen to display the keyboard at the bottom of the screen, and:

<JWM>
<Tray autohide="true" x="0" y="0" height="250">
        xvkbd
    </Swallow>
</Tray>
</JWM>
if you want the keyboard to be displayed top of the screen.
Then, you can select the width for the keyboard to fill or not the full width of the screen like the picture shows (it is automatically calculated by the script and it is the max width you can get with the spin button).
Quit via the xvkbd key at bottom left. I expect a tray icon to redisplay the keyboard. There isn't one that I can see. Help me find it, please.
If you take my advice, as said above, it is not needed to quit and then "redisplay" the keyboard using any button: just move the cursor of the mouse to the bottom or the top border of the screen (depending on the place you have chosen), to make the keyboard pop up. 8)
You might just have to restart JWM in some cases (while changing anything from the keyboard menu itself) by typing:

jwm -restart
in a terminal or using the MENU button.
Note that if you prefer to quit/redisplay the keyboard just like a normal program window, you should install xvkbasiconf Version 0.2. So the keyboard can be displayed/configured directly respectively with left/right click from a system icon in the taskbar and closed with the cross up/right the keyboard window (please, see the picture in the first message of this thread)
Thanks for your feedback.

Regards.

Pelo

Triton Mate de petihar

#27 Post by Pelo »

dernière version 2.1 lancée sur la Triton Mate de petihar que j'ai sous la main. Tant qu'on utilise le clavier sans utiliser le menu configurer çà fonctionne bien, cad comme les xvkbd fournis ailleurs.
Mais si on touche avec le menu configuration, le clavier devient trop grand, toujours.
Un clic sur ajuster sur le bureau sur le rend tout riquiqui et collé en haut à gauche.
Satisfecit : le choix des couleurs se fait facilement. Moi c'est çà qui me plait, et qui épate le public. Il ont adopté mon clavier Anglais, fait en France, par un useur :!:
Triton a un clavier à ses couleurs, comme la ToOpPy two two.. La deramteam de hongrie a fait Tripen, la version hongroise de leur Triton. Je va inclure leur clavier dans le panel de sélection, à la place du coréen çà ira bien.
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 01 May 2017, 09:01, edited 4 times in total.

Argolance

#28 Post by Argolance »

Mais si on touche avec le menu configuration,
Quel "menu configuration"?

Pelo

lequel ? yen a plusieurs !

#29 Post by Pelo »

En tout cas la fenêtre est mobile, c'est le clavier que je bouge, pas les icônes du bureau, heureusement.
B.K. Johnson (le lecteur anglais) ne va pas s'en sortir. Il ne doit écouter que toi, Argolance, Il va être embrouillé avec les directives du forum anglais si elles sont différentes des tiennes, non ? .
How do I rearrange or eliminate desktop icons? Aller y jeter un oeil ; si vous le voulez. Musher0 donne son avis (je croyais qu'il était en boulot sous contrat..)
Bon je ne suis pas programmeur de métier, mais je sais bricoler une ligne. J'ai corrigé le fichier de configuration. Lequel ? cherchez bien. C'est à se demander .. des fois...
Attachments
argolance.jpeg
Le Chouette programme Argolance pour personnaliser mes couleurs de clavier. très pratique
(88.47 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

B.K. Johnson

#30 Post by B.K. Johnson »

B.K. Johnson wrote:
Note that .xvkbjwmbasiconf/ is a directory. It contains config, languages-list and profiles-list.
Argolance wrote:
As far as I know, the new "fake tar removed" file is not a hidden file and so, has no point before its name. It has just...
The '.' in .xvkbjwmbasiconf is misplaced. :oops:
What I intended was: "A file named xvkbjwmbasiconf does not exist." but a hidden directory with the same name does exist.
So since a file does not exist, then copying the fake tar file would be an addition, not a replacement.

I reread the posts.
The problem is that I misread your post as copying to /root (where there isn't a xvkbjwmbasiconf), instead of to the directory /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/. :oops:

I copied the xvkbjwmbasiconf (fake tar) but nothing changed from what you see here, but I saw no change in operation. So,

Chapter II
I decided to install xvkbd on another tahr-6.0.5
installed xvkbasiconf-0.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet
overwrote /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/xvkbjwmbasiconf with the xvkbjwmbasiconf.tar (fake tar).
Rearranged desktop icons (considered necessary based on keyboard being fixed in the previous install as shown here)
invoked Menu>Utility>xvkb jwm ...Configuration
Changes made: Position=top, width=700, height=220, offset=200
clicked box before Enable ...s
clicked the green tick icon to Apply changes and exit.
The screen flickered with changes to the desktop (including a white rectangle, suggesting a keyboard).
The keyboard did not appear.
I expected to see a keyboard and when I did not,
Menu>Exit>Restart Graphical Server
On return, desktop icons reverted to original positions, requiring arranging again.
Brought up Menu>Utility>xvkbd jwm Configuration
Position had reverted to bottom; changed it to top again. All other settings OK.
clicked the green tick icon to Apply changes and exit.
The screen flickered with changes to the desktop including the rectangle.
The keyboard did not appear.
While moving the mouse around the desktop, the keyboard appeared AT TOP.
The behaviour is different from the first installation - unexpected:
The keyboard is still stationary and is visible only when the cursor is in the rectangular area of the keyboard. Outside that area, it disappears.

One could say that the user knows where the keyboard is located. When he wants it visible (for use), he simply moves the cursor to the area. You could say, it stays out of your way.

ATM I'm not sure I'll like this but will give it a try when I overcome another issue with the Netbook.

How xvkbd is now implemented, can eliminate the need to rearrange desktop icons but does not eliminate it for me. See a more fulsome reply to Argolance
here in my thread about rearranging and removal of desktop icons.

Other comments:
How is the Focus button used? Clicking in a window gives it focus and I can type on the focussed window. So what's the use of "Focus"?
There is a momentary delay before the keyboard reappears. Have you noticed? Do you have a solution?
'Tray' in the code suggests an icon somewhere. Should there be one? Where? What would it do?

Thanks for your patience.

'
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

Argolance

#31 Post by Argolance »

Bonsoir,
B.K. Johnson wrote:I decided to install xvkbd on another tahr-6.0.5
installed xvkbasiconf-0.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet
Please, note there are two distincts programs:
  • xvkbasiconf-0.2.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet
    xvkbjwmbasiconf-0.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet
The first one, "xvkbasiconf 0.2.1", displays the XVkbd Virtual keyboard inside a normal window with borders, title and buttons. It has directly nothing to do with JWM.
The second one, "xvkbjwmbasiconf 0.1" works with JWM as "swallowed" program, and its behavior is exactly the same as the toolbar or any "autohide" jwmrc tray. Note that it has no borders, title and buttons. This is this version that has to be patched with the "fake tar" and not the first one which should work as is quite properly with Tahr 6.0.5.

Now if you really want to use the JWM XVkbd version (xvkbjwmbasiconf Version 0.1), the values "top" or "bottom" must both be replaced with "true". This is just what does the "fake tar" which creates a "good" /root/.jwmrc-xvkbd file, compatible with the Tahr JWM version. More: there is no space between the border of the screen and the border of the keyboard.
One could say that the user knows where the keyboard is located. When he wants it visible (for use), he simply moves the cursor to the area. You could say, it stays out of your way.
Only the horizontal offset can be set to center the keyboard if its size is smaller and does not fill the whole width of the screen. There should not be any space between the keyboard and the screen border. Strange...
Thanks for your patience.
I am really happy to help.

Cordialement.

Pelo

B.K. Johnson est le lecteur anglais, Comblons son souhait.

#32 Post by Pelo »

Bon çà a l'air d'aller. Pas tout, mais le principal
Validé sous conditions.
Il y a d'autres questionnements, mais on verra plus tard. Quand B.K. Johnson et toi serez tous les deux 'happy'.
B.K. Johnson est le lecteur anglais,
Médor fournit un manuel dans sont topic pour xvkbd 3.5 . Bien que ce manuel ne tient pas compte des énormes évolutions de la version 3.7, le lire vous aidera beaucoup à trouver vos solutions sans avoir à relinuxer xvkbd.
Attachments
Tom Sato.png
Merci Tom !
(7.23 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 29 Apr 2017, 04:00, edited 2 times in total.

Argolance

#33 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
HORS-SUJET:
le lire vous aidera beaucoup à trouver vos solutions sans avoir à relinuxer xvkbd.
(Il ne sert à rien de se plaindre, de donner des leçons de ce genre ou même des "satisfécits" à ceux qui se donnent la peine de créer des scripts et s'efforcent de le faire du mieux qu'ils peuvent. Rapporter des expériences ou dysfonctionnements avec précision/concision, éventuellement images à l'appui, est précieux, bienvenu et utile pour progresser et proposer au final des programmes performants.
Si ce n'est pas de cette façon et dans cet esprit que tu laisses des messages sur nos fils, abstiens-toi, s'il-te-plait et va t'amuser sur les tiens...
Merci.
)

Cordialement.

Pelo

Tu te donnes de la peine pour toi, pas pour nous. Ya nuance.

#34 Post by Pelo »

Tu râles tout le temps, tu râles que Médor viennes pas essayer et tu râles que moi j'essaies ton script, et en plus il m'est utile. Il m'évite de chercher les codes couleur à la pipette. Le testeur anglais prend sans doute moins de pincettes que moi pour te dire que ce que tu proposes lui va pas.
Personne n'a demandé de fenêtre escamotable. Tu te donnes de la peine pour toi, pas pour nous. Ya nuance.
Pour enlever le clavier de l'écran, on clique sur l'icone qui sert à envoyer tout programme dans la barre du bas. Y'a rien à inventer.
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 01 May 2017, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

j'ai réussi à lui faire aller lire le manuel. Yes !

#35 Post by Pelo »

j'ai réussi à lui faire aller lire le manuel. Yes !

B.K. Johnson

#36 Post by B.K. Johnson »

Hi all
I wrote the wrong filename again :oops: :oops: . The new installation was of xvkbjwmbasiconf-0.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet NOT xvkbasiconf-0.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet or xvkbasiconf-0.2.1_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet.

The old installation now works too. :lol: My expectation from
here and here was that the fake tar patch would modify
Tray autohide="top" to Tray autohide="true" in /root/.jwmrc-xvkbd but it did not in my first implementation (but obviously did in the second :wink: ). When I manually changed it, saved the session and rebooted, xvkbdjwm worked.

Just out of curiosity: what invokes /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/xvkbjwmbasiconf?

Cheers
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson

Argolance

#37 Post by Argolance »

Bonsoir,
B.K. Johnson wrote:xvkbdjwm worked.
Fine! :D
Funny and strange question indeed! :shock: :)
In the Menu/Utility you will find an entry named "XVkbd JWM Virtual Keyboard Basic Configuration" which runs the script /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/xvkbjwmbasiconf (see the picture below), This is a GUI that will let you set some basic parameters like the size of the keyboard, colors, font (please see the first message of this thread),...

Note that the picture shows the GUI of the next version (0.2) that I will soon upload and which automatically creates the "good" .jwmrc-xvkbd file, according to the JWM version installed on the system.
Thank you for your useful feedback.

@Pelo
Pelo wrote:J'ai réussi à lui faire aller lire le manuel. Yes !
Tu crois vraiment que je t'ai attendu? Mes scripts ne font pas autre chose qu'exploiter (avec plus ou moins de bonheur je l'admets) les options de commandes propres à XVkbd.

Cordialement.
Attachments
170428_181500_3200x1200_easyshot.jpg
(128.79 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

B.K. Johnson

#38 Post by B.K. Johnson »

B.K. Johnson wrote:
Argolance responded:
Funny and strange question indeed! Shocked Smile
In the Menu/Utility you will find an entry named "XVkbd JWM Virtual Keyboard Basic Configuration" which runs the script /usr/local/xvkbjwmbasiconf/xvkbjwmbasiconf (see the picture below), This is a GUI that will let you set some basic parameters like the size of the keyboard, colors, font (please see the first message of this thread),...
That's what I thought, but as I said, for some strange reason, it didn't happen ...had to do manually. But as we English say "Water under the bridge".
Thank you for your useful feedback.
No problem! We help each other; that's all that counts.
Ciao for now.
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson

Argolance

#39 Post by Argolance »

Mises à jour:
xvkbasiconf-0.3_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet.
xvkbjwmbasiconf-0.2_xvkbd-3.7_all.pet

:arrow: Voir le premier message de ce fil.

musher0

#40 Post by musher0 »

Salut, tout le monde !

Désolé d'arriver sur le tard avec une question probablement idiote, mais...

il sert à quoi le XVkbd ?
À ce que les gens puissent se passer d'un clavier physique ?

Si oui, la question devient :
Pourquoi les gens voudraient-ils se passer d'un clavier physique ?
On tape tellement plus vite sur un clavier physique.

À+
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)