PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

Nilson Morales uses Jdisk analyser

#41 Post by Pelo »

Nilson Morales use a disk analyser under Java JRE. Tried with Puppybang...
I have reduced my ISO to 470MBs, because office suite is useless for me, as i don't work at office anymore, and i delete browsers too.
Attachments
Jdiskreport.jpg
(66.79 KiB) Downloaded 614 times

Pelo

the captain has left this nice boat..

#42 Post by Pelo »

the captain has left this nice boat..

edoc

#43 Post by edoc »

Pelo - are you saying that puppylinuxworld has abandoned the distro or merely taken a break for the Summer?

Our CS-major 20 year old may be interested in trying this - if there will be continuing Forum/developer support.

He's into anime and gaming and this might draw him back to Linux - Puppy in particular.

Thanks - David
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Pelo

Keep PuppyBang alive !

#44 Post by Pelo »

Perhaps the captain is on holidays, far from linux problems and bugs. So we will wait for automnal rains, and if he won't return from the beach some Linux experts will Keep Puppybang alive, perhaps for a casting outside, on Facebook or distrowatch (no!) , or in hungarian puppy catalogue. Or in francophone puppy live show this winter , 15th december.
I will advise When PuppyBang is described by hungarian Facebook here That should not be long. They are friends of mine.
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Pyppybang kernel 3.14.20 should be perfect outside

#45 Post by Pelo »

Summer afternoons are back, or will be soon.. PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3 has a kernel 3.14.20 which would be perfect to drive outdoor this Puppy to surf the web, in a public square
First try with a Driver compiled by our famous (and only ?) provider : rcrsn51
PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3 has a nice desktop, the cat is black ! Default theme is black, too black. I can't see what i type in the black coloured cells. Murrine-bluebird is much better.
It would be nice that our users whose hobby is to build puppies compile some kernels for wireless on laptops. Laptops are bought to move.
Nevertheless, this Puplette is really wonderful, Ah hungarians, Europe is glad to have experts as you..
Isn't she goergeous ? Yes she is :P
Attachments
Slimboat.jpg
Light49 try failed because gtk3 missing
(38.63 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Once upon a time, puppylinuxworld arrived unknow in fora

#46 Post by Pelo »

Once upon a time, puppylinuxworld arrived unknow in our forum, delivered his Puppy Bang, and got back in his world. I will try to join him with facebook and s-kami help, to congratulated him. Testers are not awful trolls who ennoy devs. Not always. This just only speak in a normal way, about Wifi, but about summer too.

Pelo

Because of the cat ?

#47 Post by Pelo »

pas de chance avec cette Puppy ! Le cat devra rester à chasser les souris au grenier. Pet for Realtek 8192CU does not work ! It's the first time i am unlucky . Because of the cat ? Something wrong with 3.14.20, with Pupjibaro too, and x-thar.
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

rcrsn51

#48 Post by rcrsn51 »

Maybe they were built with the nonPAE version of Tahr 602? So the 8192cu PET would not be compatible.

Pelo

PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3

#49 Post by Pelo »

I will no search for a long time, i will change the kernel, simply.
PuppyBang Linux 6.0.3 is really a nice one.. But audio was not working. This point is repaired.
Audio problem posted Helper 666philb, always supporting tahr passengers. Whatever the version.. Merci

Pelo

SMplayer is set to pulse by default.

#50 Post by Pelo »

SMplayer is set to pulse by default. change that makes SMplayer playing your songs
Attachments
Saez.jpg
audio preference set to alsa (0.0 HDA Intel PCH) makes play SMplayer
(93.19 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 30 Aug 2017, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Openshot ... and Flowblade

#51 Post by Pelo »

updated to 6.0.5. hardinfo however says 6.0.2. Not important.
Puppy with the cat..
Kernel 3.14.20

Openshot ... and Flowblade. Installed easily, but video editing..?
I shall feed back when i need to edit my videos. Often Avidemux is enough..
Attachments
video editeurs.jpg
There are not so many Puppies with openshot included
(52.66 KiB) Downloaded 84 times