Posted: Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:22 Post subject:
How to share folder with virtualbox puppy Subject description: share folder between guest puppy host puppy
Hope, you have installed
1. guest Puppy(with devx sfs) on host Puppy
2. guest Puppy(no devx sfs) on host Puppy
Now we need a folder to share between these two OS for accessing files form each other.
Here goes the HOW-TO.
Guest: Puppy (with devx sfs)
1. Make a host Puppy folder (say "KK") sharable.
2. In VirtualBoxManager, add this as shared folder.
3. Add VboxGuestAddition.iso to cdrom of guest Puppy. In guest Puppy, goto cdrom mounted folder and install it. Guest addition software gets compiled and installed on guest Puppy.
4. Now in /etc/rc.d/rc.local file of guest, add the below line
mount -t vboxsf KK /mnt/KK
5. Check /mnt/KK folder in guest Puppy and use it.
Guest: Puppy (no devx sfs)
1. Open VirtualBoxManager.
2. Add another network adapter "Host-only" [If Name not shown, goto File->Preferences->Network and add a Host-only network; normally it is "vboxnet0"]. That will be eth1.
3. Use "Connect" icon on guest Puppy desktop. Chose "Connect to Internet by Wired or Wireless LAN". Choose "Network Wizzard". Select eth1. Choose "Auto DHCP". See in "Static IP". IP is 192.168.56.101 or something similar.
4. Start ftpd in guest Puppy.
5. Start gFTP client in host Puppy. Connect to 192.168.56.101; username: root, password: woofwoof. You can now see and access every folder of guest!
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum