Dpup-Stretch-700 DELUXE

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
belham2

Dpup-Stretch-700 DELUXE

#1 Post by belham2 »

Hi all,

Here's my spin of my Dpup-Stretch 700 builds with kernel 4.1.38 (a big thank you to ttuuxxx, musher, oscar, billtoo, fred, and also to everyone else who contributed to this by developing their ideas & pups over the past years):

[It is recommended you "frugally" install this pup. Also note, since it's a cross-build, give it an extra few secs during bootup]

ALSO: there are a few bugs popping up, ones that I thought were solved, but evidently not. A major one is using the Puppy Package Manager, and installing something, and getting loads of PPM-generated popups asking you to click "OK" to continue because PPM thinks "..Debian executables are installed as shared Libraries..." I thought this was solved, but it is not. A workaround is this: anytime you want to install something from PPM, first use "SFS-Load", and load the DEVX. Then use PPM as normal, and all will be fine. Another bug, maybe not a bug but an annoyance---the included Web Browser QtWeb, is sometimes acting up and randomly shutting down whenever you go to a site that requires a "login". It never did this for the three weeks I used it until now, but, still, it is happening too frequently. Please use the included palemoon-installer script, or install FirefoxESR from PPM (remember, when using PPM, for now install the DEVX first before opening PPM and installing anything; then, when done installing from PPM, close it and you can unload the DEVX (for ease, use the included "SFS-Load" when handling the DEVX).

ISO:--328 MB
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Tk7 ... npOWnBLSlE
md5=2e56acb07c589d097a13b17a7aa5c37f
sha256=0487cf58c26820ff3b726e3dd300beaa6eaa656f25cfbed571018189bd4e410d
sha512=bad4cefc3cf02670cad0e5953bb16e7a0e36c20f04ec1ca1fbb0c66a5b0e7d6e090c50a1823f53f716863daa137c52e25082ae4951240f4aae6bdfeac748ed6d

DEVX:--146 MB
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Tk7 ... lRKY0lnenM
md5=98114c36016a141bfa00be1d99b99e3a
sha256=06a716b5b20d26ce376cceba3430c5f7887e5bb6d4dcdc2c1743e13f95266e0f
sha512=531eeb41d4ff444c48cc1ee6272c9d708a5aa4885dea392e1d66159da68e683fe521ca7616e8c3e3514fdeff0fa73928c51000990f6554a71a5bdd6056f5e5f5

SHASUMS-256/512:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Tk7 ... UQ1RXg1STg

My philosopy for this ISO is/was:
1) provide stability, and I think woof-CE and ttuuxxx have done an awesome job of this (without them both, especially ttuuxxx, none of this happens);
2) provide lots of easy right-click functionality (via ROX, pcman is included, but it, at its present structure in woof-CE pups, leaves a lot to be desired at the moment);
3) provide loads of customization with colors, icons, backgrounds all via JWMDESKTOP Manager, which does not come via the woof-CE build, and;
4) Make it all fun, but especially addicitve, and watching my chldren and her friends, I think some of this part has been achieved.

In fact, the themes you will see upon first booting up are St. Patrick's Days colors setup for the family and extended family---all of whom, especially youngest and friends---watching them create their own wallpapers and icons, and do it easily with right-click functionality, was a joy---they've even now trade their creations for this pup back & forth via Instagram to set it up how they like. Many of you, well, no, most of you will hate the colours, and this was intended. So that you will use the included graphics programs and JWMDESK Manager and play with either creating your own wallpaper via the Desktop Wallpaper Application + mtPaint + the incredible Fotoxx, while also setting one of thousands of icon/window/gtk theme combos possible: there are 43 GTK Themes included, 28 Icon Themes, 31 Wallpapers, and 43 JWM Themes. There is something for everyone here, in whatever combo you can imagine.

This pup gives you the power of Debian repos via PPM. Among the normal program defaults included for any puppy, it additionally has the following:

-Arandr, You2pup, VLC, QTWeb Browser, Palemoon download/installer script, MediaInfo, PeasyFirewallMonitor, Notecase (Cherrytree was removed, but there's still an errant menu entry in Utility of it that will not got away, Gedit (along with Leafpad & Geany), mtCellEdit, GTK ThemeMaker, Desktop Wallpaper Maker, Puppy PinBoard Restore & Puppy PinBoard Lock/Unlock, Sylpheed with GPGv2 installed (LDAP too), Sakura Terminal, DogRadio, TakeAShot, GROWL2 Puppy Security, Pupmd5sm (modified to handle not only md5 & sha1, but also sha256 & sha512), jwmtray-controlled Redshift, MultiRename, MultiCopyPaste, Rerwin's latest dhcpcd, and tons of scripts like initrd 'edit-init' (via right-click) and loads of SFS, Pet, etc scripts stated in main menu (i.e. GnewPet, Edit-SFS, Load-SFS, Convert-SFS, Pet-2-Deb, Pet-2-tgz, etc, etc,---and mostly, but not all, accessed via right-click, PuppyUnits, Osmo, Smokey-Get (to get downloading from smokey01's site out of the browser, while retaining more control), Mochi's great File Viewer, 17 included Games,.....and the list keeps going on.

Some important notes:

1. Normal popup puppy screens upon first boot do not happen, for a reason. If you can't find the desktop and/or main menu button for "Puppy Setup', then plz try to look a wee bit harder :wink:

2. Upon creating your first 'savefile', know that upon re-boot, you will not see a "Save" button on the desktop. The "SAVE" button is permanently embbed in the upper jwmtray2 (see pic 2 below)

3. Further, the trash/waste has been removed off the desktop, and it is embedded in the bottom main jwm tray, all the way to the right, next to the also included "EXIT" button.

4. The included conky is controllable on demand (switch on, switch off) via the upper jwmtray2 bar, the green arrows button at the end.

5. The upper jwntray2 bar also has a special "Dual Screen Monitor" icon button. If by chance, upon first boot, Dpup doesn't automatically adjust your dual screens correctly, then click this button, and see if it rectifies it. If not, open up Arandr (main-menu-SYSTEM) and set your stuff up, save it, and from then on, that clicking this icon in the upper jwmtray2 will immmediately setup your dual screens.

Problems:
1. The aforementioned errant main-menu-UTILITY "cherrytree" entry, seems it is impossible to remove, lol. Even tried "fixmenu" after removing it all, it still appeared. It's a demon, lol.
2. Wallpaper setter (Nathan's) acts up sometimes, and you may need to set the wallpaper manually, going into ROX and modding the needed files or setting it dragging to desktop (will answer anyone who needs help on this, just post and ask).

Otherwise, here are some pics to better show this OS. Hope you like the OS and will provide feedback. Thank you for reading, and if you try it, for giving it a spin (plz note, the 'overall' pic--3rd one below--was on a dual-screen setup):
Attachments
10-pic-example-right-click-options-setup.jpg
(115.3 KiB) Downloaded 2823 times
9-pet-example-right-click-options-setup.jpg
(249.82 KiB) Downloaded 2849 times
1-what-you-ll-be-greeted-with-upon-frugal-install.jpg
(67.58 KiB) Downloaded 2820 times
2-jwmtray2-with-some-uniqueness.jpg
(14.57 KiB) Downloaded 2804 times
3-main-JWM-with-some-uniquenessScreenshot.jpg
(9.86 KiB) Downloaded 2799 times
4-Main-menu-DESKTOP-with-some-big-differences.jpg
(49.04 KiB) Downloaded 2827 times
5-main-menu-SETUP-with-big-differences.jpg
(137.29 KiB) Downloaded 2832 times
8-sfs-example-right-click-options-setup.jpg
(117.61 KiB) Downloaded 2835 times
11-ISO-example-right-click-options-setup.jpg
(121.08 KiB) Downloaded 2823 times
Last edited by belham2 on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 18:18, edited 10 times in total.

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Hi, belham2.

Nice! :) Congratulations!

About the errant cherryTree entry, there's probably a
/usr/share/applications/cherrytree.desktop file that the PPM2 removal
procedure forgot to remove. Erase it and rerun fixmenus: it should be gone
from the menu.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

ally

#3 Post by ally »

Sailor Enceladus

#4 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Hi belham2,

Testing it now. Temperature icon and battery icon show correctly on first boot! "cross-build fix" took about 20 seconds and I thought my laptop froze but it managed to finish. SNS didn't show my wireless device but frisbee did (strange) so I used frisbee to connect. When maximizing programs it does not go up all the way because of the top bar thing for some reason. Lots of games and programs! Maybe my dad will like booting into this more than Slacko (I installed on his laptop :lol:). Changing the wallpaper gave the dreaded pinboard error seen in Slacko 5.7 (nooooo...) but changing JWM and GTK theme worked. Hexchat and QTweb (default browser) working ok but a bit annoying how images in QTweb pop up later so things keep moving down as I'm trying to read text that has already loaded - lol. Sometimes gtkdialog splash text does not display, only the box, I had the same problem in newest Devuan build, maybe it has something to do with elfhack fix? Will try more things later. Cool. 8)

belham2

#5 Post by belham2 »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:Hi belham2,

Testing it now. Temperature icon and battery icon show correctly on first boot! "cross-build fix" took about 20 seconds and I thought my laptop froze but it managed to finish. SNS didn't show my wireless device but frisbee did (strange) so I used frisbee to connect. When maximizing programs it does not go up all the way because of the top bar thing for some reason. Lots of games and programs! Maybe my dad will like booting into this more than Slacko (I installed on his laptop :lol:). Changing the wallpaper gave the dreaded pinboard error seen in Slacko 5.7 (nooooo...) but changing JWM and GTK theme worked. Hexchat and QTweb (default browser) working ok but a bit annoying how images in QTweb pop up later so things keep moving down as I'm trying to read text that has already loaded - lol. Sometimes gtkdialog splash text does not display, only the box, I had the same problem in newest Devuan build, maybe it has something to do with elfhack fix? Will try more things later. Cool. 8)
Thanks for trying it, Sailor! Yeah, that damn pinboard/NathanWallpaper issue almost drove me nuts, then, finally, I had to let it go. What's weird, after the first time that pinboard msg opens, afterwards & subsequent reboots later sometimes darn Nathan's will start working like nothing is wrong. But, sigh, equally then you might get that weird one-click-anywhere-on-desktop and suddenly it (the background) changes to your choice. Anyhow, once you go in and set your new background in ROX manually, it stays that new one, and make sure you also copy that background pic to /root and name it ".background" (so Conky uses it for transparency). Then, all is good.

As far as QtWeb, its great (and speedy) for some things. Am hoping people will either use the included palemoon-script, or download their favorite Firefox from PPM (which has up-to-date ESR versions), or grab chrome, chromium or something else via SFS and/or Pet (Mike Walsh and his threads on the browsers really help everyone).

Thanks again! Hope your Dad likes the games. I am addicted to the Chess and Sudoku, and for the DreamChess, I am striving to beat the darn program just once---or at least come to a draw :wink: My kids luv the "PicPuz Jigsaw Puzzle" game---they've created puzzles from custom jpg images they created using Fotoxx & mtpaint, which my wife and me lost bets saying we could figure them out, lol.

belham2

#6 Post by belham2 »

Thank you, Ally!! :D

fredx181

#7 Post by fredx181 »

Hi belham2,

Congratulations! You've put lots of creativity in this dpup, looks very nice and great choice of applications!
I had the same delay at first boot as Sailor Enceladus wrote about , but after successful setup save(folder) second boot was OK.

The conky view can have some improvements, for Save and Home lines, this works for me (after I had setup save) in ~/.conkyrc-live:

Code: Select all

${color lightgrey}Save: ${color}Used: ${execp du -csh --apparent-size /initrd/pup_ro1/* 2> /dev/null | awk 'END {print $1}'} Free: ${fs_free /initrd/pup_ro1} 
${color orange}${fs_bar /initrd/pup_ro1}
${color lightgrey}Home: ${fs_used /mnt/home/}/${fs_size /mnt/home/} ${fs_used_perc /mnt/home/}%
${color #007700}${fs_bar /mnt/home/}
The QTWeb browser crashed when I clicked on the "Choose file" button to add an attachment, very annoying, had to type this post from the beginning.

Installed libfm-modules with PPM, as I was curious about the size it would take, during the install process I had to click OK (to continue) around 20 times (message kept coming back, should be one time notice, I think) on the warning message about executables shown as libraries, see pic.

Going to test further in the next days and report back.

Fred
Attachments
Screenshot(1).jpg
this message shows a lot of times during install with PPM
(18.33 KiB) Downloaded 2598 times

belham2

#8 Post by belham2 »

fredx181 wrote:Hi belham2,

Congratulations! You've put lots of creativity in this dpup, looks very nice and great choice of applications!
I had the same delay at first boot as Sailor Enceladus wrote about , but after successful setup save(folder) second boot was OK.

The conky view can have some improvements, for Save and Home lines, this works for me (after I had setup save) in ~/.conkyrc-live:

${color lightgrey}Save: ${color}Used: ${execp du -csh --apparent-size /initrd/pup_ro1/* 2> /dev/null | awk 'END {print $1}'} Free: ${fs_free /initrd/pup_ro1} 
${color orange}${fs_bar /initrd/pup_ro1}
${color lightgrey}Home: ${fs_used /mnt/home/}/${fs_size /mnt/home/} ${fs_used_perc /mnt/home/}%
${color #007700}${fs_bar /mnt/home/}
The QTWeb browser crashed when I clicked on the "Choose file" button to add an attachment, very annoying, had to type this post from the beginning.

Installed libfm-modules with PPM, as I was curious about the size it would take, during the install process I had to click OK (to continue) around 20 times (message kept coming back, should be one time notice, I think) on the warning message about executables shown as libraries, see pic.

Going to test further in the next days and report back.

Fred

Thanks for testing , Fred! And thank you for the conky hints.....after all, you know it best (everyone, please know that among many things out of DD I used (like, every script, lol, they're the best), this Conky is Fred's Conky I graciously used). I'll make the changes to Conky for the next ISO upload, but first will wait till what you find out with that darn message(s) from PPM. What I don't understand, is that "elfutils" I installed, and this is basically ttuuxxx's latest iso/devx work, and neither was showing me that msg problem before the upload. Wonder if I goofed something up, or do you think it is just libfm? Also, I do think I installed some parts of libfm for other programs when I was hunting down dependencies. Thanks for looking, though, and if you see anything in the next several days if you use it again, I'll be super appreciative. :wink:

P.S. Fred, can you find that crazy "Cherrytree" main menu? Even if you delete it out of jwmrc (all of them), plus I've removed every hint of Cherrytree from the system----from usr/share back to all jwmrc in /root, and still that darn empty menu-entry only in "Utility" keeps coming back. I've spent a few hours manually clicking through every file in /root, /etc and /usr, and can find nothing further existing. Even using both Pfind and/or SearchMonkey show, they both show there is no file (hidden or otherwise) existing in the main.sfs that has "cherrytree" in it. So, I am at a loss. Even running menufix did nothing--the sucker keeps coming back like the Walking Dead! :shock:

666philb

#9 Post by 666philb »

belham2 wrote:

Thanks for trying it, Sailor! Yeah, that damn pinboard/NathanWallpaper issue almost drove me nuts, then, finally, I had to let it go. What's weird, after the first time that pinboard msg opens, afterwards & subsequent reboots later sometimes darn Nathan's will start working like nothing is wrong. But, sigh, equally then you might get that weird one-click-anywhere-on-desktop and suddenly it (the background) changes to your choice. Anyhow, once you go in and set your new background in ROX manually, it stays that new one, and make sure you also copy that background pic to /root and name it ".background" (so Conky uses it for transparency). Then, all is good.

As far as QtWeb, its great (and speedy) for some things. Am hoping people will either use the included palemoon-script, or download their favorite Firefox from PPM (which has up-to-date ESR versions), or grab chrome, chromium or something else via SFS and/or Pet (Mike Walsh and his threads on the browsers really help everyone).

Thanks again! Hope your Dad likes the games. I am addicted to the Chess and Sudoku, and for the DreamChess, I am striving to beat the darn program just once---or at least come to a draw :wink: My kids luv the "PicPuz Jigsaw Puzzle" game---they've created puzzles from custom jpg images they created using Fotoxx & mtpaint, which my wife and me lost bets saying we could figure them out, lol.
hi belham2 & Sailor Enceladus,

what exactly is this pinboard bug you're getting?
Attachments
stretch.png
steam running on stretch deluxe
(210.34 KiB) Downloaded 2602 times
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

oui

#10 Post by oui »

optical impression: best :idea: . felicitations.
hardware recognition: did not connect immediately (from LazY Unicorn coming, usually no problem in other Puppy's / Dog's), also not with the "connect" on screen but easily with frisbee.

64 bit version: tomorrow :lol: ?

thank you for the great job

oui

Detail questions conc. rox and data saving in QtWeb

#11 Post by oui »

1. have some difficulties to move the columns in rox to my prefered position (starting view: show extra details, then name, size, last modified, owner, the rest is not important for me). Somewhat different?

2. where are the data for QtWeb saved (in which hidden dir?) to replace it through a link in the remaster and let the original on disk (*1 to always start frugal WITHOUT save file (remark: no idiot little pop up windows at starting time is best A SPECIAL THANK YOU FOR IT! A Puppy directly usuable without those time killers and irritations... :idea: !)

3. some intention to add some real "apt" or "synaptic" package (I did try to install Ibus hangul and some Korean fonts)?

(*1 this make it also usuable for more as one linux distro having QtWeb! Best!!! Is QtWeb available in Debian9.0RC2 or Ubuntu17.04 32 bit? I did not encountre it yet in 64 bit :cry: that I am using over LazY Pup Unicorn each daily...)

musher0

#12 Post by musher0 »

Which devx is it? The default woof-CE one?
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

belham2

#13 Post by belham2 »

666philb wrote:
belham2 wrote:

hi belham2 & Sailor Enceladus,

what exactly is this pinboard bug you're getting?

Hi Phil,

Gawd, this is crazy. I just put the ISO in two separate folders (for frugal install), booted each of them up, and now I get no pinboard messages and from within JWMDesk manager, Wallpaper is setting perfectly and repeatedly. Unreal...it's like my machines have a mind of its own. From memory, (and this is only trying to set the background), the msg that sometimes would pop up is something along the lines of:

"..ROX has detected there is no pinboard in use. ROx will correct this now, and in the future to prevent further problems, use "ROX -p Default' .'

I can't believe I cannot reproduce it, but it is somethng along those lines. What's weird is the pinboard is there, and I've even experimented taking the <backdrop style=...........</backdrop> out of /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/ROX-Filer "pb_default" to see how ROX would react. Sometimes, doing that get the message to pop up again. Can I ask? Why is there is also the "Choices" folder in /root/ROX-Filer which ALSO has a PuppyPin. Why is there two? Is this some legacy hangover from back in early pup days? But then I get confused even further because in /var/local/sss/root/Choices/ROX-Filer another "PuppyPin" is generated? Is this one just backing up what's actually in the main /root/Choices folder??

For the PuppyPin, why is not everything consolidated in the /root/.config folder.....just one place......hahah.....sure would make it a lot easier to handle any ROX and pinboard problems. It's important to note that what Sailor and me sometimes see usually only happens on the first initial bootup of an install (with no savefile yet made), then that message is gone and you never see it again. Still, Nathan Wallpaper manager seems to get fickle, and I can't tell if it is because of how it is interacting with ROX PuppyPin entries or what??

Thanks for trying it, Phil! :wink: I had no idea STEAM would run too...am going to give that a whirl this weekend. By the way, that great palemoon-script of yours works fantastic---probably should have told everyone to just do that first, as that QtWeb Browser I included, can be a fickle thing sometimes.

Thanks again, Phil!!

belham2

#14 Post by belham2 »

oui wrote:optical impression: best :idea: . felicitations.
hardware recognition: did not connect immediately (from LazY Unicorn coming, usually no problem in other Puppy's / Dog's), also not with the "connect" on screen but easily with frisbee.

64 bit version: tomorrow :lol: ?

thank you for the great job

Oui,

Thank you for trying it! Be careful of QtWeb, that browser is so fickle (capricieux) when using it that I wonder if I made a mistake including. When it works, it is great and fast. But when it crashes, for no apparent reason, it can drive a person to madness :wink:

belham2

#15 Post by belham2 »

musher0 wrote:Which devx is it? The default woof-CE one?
Hi Musher,

I used the DEVX ttuuxxx put just before the last one he did a few days ago (that ISO I had problems with). It's the DEVX he put up 6-7 days ago, it seemed to work fine since that was around the time I had stopped woof-CE building it, and just started modifying the main.puppy.sfs directly and then compressing it back (xz compression).

So I thought we were all completely past the 'elfedit' problem. What is weird is that I haven't been able to reproduce this problem EXCEPT ONLY when trying to install libfm from PPM specifically to see if pcmanfm will act like a normal file manager and allow us to load modules to make it functional. It seriously seems PPM is lacking here, as fred noted to me PPM jus does not see everything in the built woof-CE OS, and it tries to install stuff that is already there. Libfm "is" included in the ISO I put up, but still, you'll see that msg Sailor put up.

So i don't know what the problem is directly. :roll: I just wanted to showcase how the dpup-stretch builds could look different (possibly better) than what is occurring now.

How is your build going??? Have all 4 WM gone in easily, and cause no problems switching back & forth from one to the other? :wink:

P.S. I included your elfedit-script in this 'dpup-stretch 700 DELUXE' build (inside the main.sfs), just in case anyone would need it. Was hoping there'd never be a need for it again, but....

fredx181

#16 Post by fredx181 »

belham2 wrote:So I thought we were all completely past the 'elfedit' problem. What is weird is that I haven't been able to reproduce this problem EXCEPT ONLY when trying to install libfm from PPM
Looks to me that every package installed from Debian-Stretch repo shows the "executables show as dynamic libraries" message.
I just installed "audacious" and the message appeared numerous times (more than 50, I guess).

Fred
Last edited by fredx181 on Fri 24 Mar 2017, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.

belham2

#17 Post by belham2 »

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an idea of the fun of the OS in creating your own wallpaper (with the included software in this dpup-stretch) and then matching it icon, GTK & JWM themes included. Left my office for less than 5 mins, our youngest snuck in and did this to one of my computers this dpup stretch deluxe is set up on. LOL, supposedly the name is: neon-purple-sky-disappearing-into-candy-hole or something along those lines I couldn't quite, lol, understand. Enjoy (or not, lol) the pics---I'm stuck with purple Friday for now :lol:

P.S. I cannot get any of our kids to play with Apple and/or Microsoft as much as they have been playing with this dpup-stretch the past week and a half. Murga developers, is it possible we need to listen/pay attention to this if we want to attract/hook the future & its users. Like stop developing pups that are devoid of character and life, and are almost designed like they are for 'eggheads who program for a living". Antiseptic is the word I think of when I see many of the most popular pups here. Puppy can be so much more.......maybe we can break free of the mold of thought that an OS can't be both fun and yet still be serious (with security built-in). With Debian and Puppy, the melding of the two makes this possible imho.
Attachments
little-one's-own-creation-pic1.jpg
(106.72 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
little-one's-own-creation-pic2.jpg
(151.15 KiB) Downloaded 640 times

belham2

#18 Post by belham2 »

fredx181 wrote:
belham2 wrote:So I thought we were all completely past the 'elfedit' problem. What is weird is that I haven't been able to reproduce this problem EXCEPT ONLY when trying to install libfm from PPM
Looks to me that every package installed from Debian-Stretch repo shows the "executables show as dynamic libraries".
I just installed "audacious" and the message appeared numerous times (more than 50, I guess).

Fred
Hi Fred,

Uggghh. Can I ask, Fred, what happens if you load the DEVX first, then run PPM and try to install something? Does the same thing happen??? It would absolutely s#ck if we have to load the DEVX everytime we want to use PPM for installing a Debian package (assum,ing loading the DEVX takes care of this problem). If not, then will try a newer vmlinuz, initrd.gs and zdrv from ttuuxxx's latest upload yesterday....my main puppt_stretch_7.0.0a1.sfs should run with it no problems. Maybe that'll solve this PPM problem. If not, I am stuck.... :(

P.S. I had my computer attacked this morning by the little purple people eater, lol.... :lol:

fredx181

#19 Post by fredx181 »

Hi belham, I will try with the devx loaded later today.

Sorry to say, more bad news :cry: :
After installing audacious, I reboooted, all saved well, audacious is OK, but now pcmanfm segfaults:

# pcmanfm

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientMonitor'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDevice'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupVolumeMonitor'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-volume-monitor. Expected type is GVolumeMonitor.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientVolume'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupMount'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_dynamic: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDrive'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'GFamFileMonitor'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-local-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-nfs-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.
** Message: x-terminal-emulator has very limited support, consider choose another terminal

** (pcmanfm:17761): WARNING **: The directory '~/Templates' doesn't exist, ignoring it

** (pcmanfm:17761): WARNING **: modules directory is not accessible

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Segmentation fault
# 
Fred

belham2

#20 Post by belham2 »

fredx181 wrote:Hi belham, I will try with the devx loaded later today.

Sorry to say, more bad news :cry: :
After installing audacious, I reboooted, all saved well, audacious is OK, but now pcmanfm segfaults:

# pcmanfm

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientMonitor'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDevice'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupVolumeMonitor'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-volume-monitor. Expected type is GVolumeMonitor.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientVolume'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupMount'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'PupClientDrive'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'GFamFileMonitor'.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-local-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: Tried to register an extension of the type (null) to extension point gio-nfs-file-monitor. Expected type is GLocalFileMonitor.
** Message: x-terminal-emulator has very limited support, consider choose another terminal

** (pcmanfm:17761): WARNING **: The directory '~/Templates' doesn't exist, ignoring it

** (pcmanfm:17761): WARNING **: modules directory is not accessible

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(pcmanfm:17761): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Segmentation fault
# 
Fred

Well, crap, I knew there was a reason I wanted that pcmanfm out of these dpup-stretch builds. It just never has acted well, in fact, in my description of the ISO in the 1st message, I said this very thing in the nicest way I could when I wrote right at the beginning under my philosophy for this build:
"2) provide lots of easy right-click functionality (via ROX, pcman is included, but it, at its present structure in woof-CE pups, leaves a lot to be desired at the moment);
It just seems like pcmanfm was thrown into the default choice as part of the woof-CE dpup stretch builds and we (builders & users) were/are left to work out its numerous problems. Hate that, it is almost like Microsoft mentality and here it is being reproduced by woof-CE. Not good. Wish this wouldn't happen, but what is there to do? At the moment, the next ISO I upload for this, I am inclined to remove pcmanfm completely. It's the only thing I can think to do....he!!, I'd rather have Thunar in there (in any woof-CE build, for that matter) than to deal with pcmanfm's constant headaches :(

Thank you, Fred, you've went way and above the call of testing. I really do appreciate it....