Woof CE Debian Stretch and Devuan Ascii Based Development

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
musher0

#61 Post by musher0 »

Hi belham2.

You have a gift for words! 8) :D I'm sold! Downloading now.

TWYL.
Last edited by musher0 on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

musher0

#62 Post by musher0 »

nilsonmorales wrote:who invokes my name? :D
Members nilsonmorales and futwerk do great Puppy backgrounds -- if we
can get a hold of them.
Thanks, nilsonmorales.

Can I be frank? The gradients of the colors are nice but I don't like the
octopus tentacle making a spiral around the Puppy's head! I find it gloomy...

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

ttuuxxx

#63 Post by ttuuxxx »

musher0 wrote:Hello all.

Thanks for your trouble ttuuxxx, but I still get this error at launch, even if
I specify the C as the LANG variable. This is a big concession on my part,
since, as you may already know, having to specify LANG=C is an
hindrance for anyone whose language is not English.

Code: Select all

LANG=C;./notecase
[/quote]
Tell you the truth the older notecase needs to be forked, Which it should be, It does produce a lot of errors and its an abandoned.
But I found another replacement that works, Ok its larger,  Around 3.2MB pet, but its a lot nicer, you probably could open what ever files you have in notebook and copy the text and paste it into MyNote and save it under MyNote format. and move forward, I couldn't find the sources but ripped apart the deb packages removed some how to files and language files and made 2 versions One French just for you, it starts up in french, On the site it said that french didn't work right unless you manually move a file and set it etc. So I did all that. The other one is English as default with other language files, the pet packages is 1.5MB smaller than the DEB package thanks to removing the help files etc.
anyways try it out and let me know what you think? It looks pretty nice.
Oh yeah I don't like the icon, hmm maybe should use Notecase's icon :) well it was open source, lol 
[url]http://smokey01.com/ttuuxxx/WoofCe/MyNotex-French_1.4.0.0_i386.pet[/url] <--- [color=blue]French[/color]
[url]http://smokey01.com/ttuuxxx/WoofCe/MyNote_1.4.0.0_i386.pet[/url] [color=violet]<--- English and others[/color]
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

jamesbond

#64 Post by jamesbond »

Everyone seems to be having problem with notecase.

Here is my build recipe, used for Fatdog64, containing the two patches that I use. In Fatdog64 this works well, let me know how you go with it.

Of course, assuming you haven't totally given up all hope on it :wink:
Attachments
notecase-1.9.8-x86_64-1.tar.gz
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

musher0

#65 Post by musher0 »

Double. Sorry.
Last edited by musher0 on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#66 Post by musher0 »

Many thanks for that.

MyNoteX is a nice alternative. I had mentioned it in passing here,
along with a couple of other outliners / PIMs.

Of course having a pet for it is an incentive for members.

TWYL.
Attachments
MyNoteX-on-DpupStretch7.jpg
(39.48 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#67 Post by musher0 »

jamesbond wrote:Everyone seems to be having problem with notecase.

Here is my build recipe, used for Fatdog64, containing the two patches that I use. In Fatdog64 this works well, let me know how you go with it.

Euh... James? This Dpup-Stretch-7 is 32-bit...

About hope:
-- it's supposed to spring-sprang-sprung eternal!!

-- one nail drives out the other (we say this in French Canada when
changing girlfriends...) :lol:

-- "The Liberal Party brought Canadians to the edge of the cliff. The Social
Credit Party will have Canadians take a step forward!" (true historical
quote from Canadian politics!)

Help me, I'm going off-subject. ;)

BFN.
Last edited by musher0 on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

ttuuxxx

#68 Post by ttuuxxx »

musher0 wrote:Many thanks for that.

TWYL.
oh ok but I did fix the issue you mentioned :) Quote"-=>» Except for French users, please see here on how to correct the
"invisible" menu bug in the French version:" and also made it 1.5MB smaller and a pet. lol
Well I hope you put it to good use :)
ttuuxxx

musher0

#69 Post by musher0 »

ttuuxxx wrote:
musher0 wrote:Many thanks for that.

TWYL.
oh ok but I did fix the issue you mentioned :) Quote"-=>» Except for French users, please see here on how to correct the
"invisible" menu bug in the French version:" and also made it 1.5MB smaller and a pet. lol
Well I hope you put it to good use :)
ttuuxxx
Again thanks. But I'm not a newbie anymore, you know!!! I installed and
patched MyNoteX all by myself about a week ago. :lol:

I'm not decided yet on a replacement for notecase.

I made available an sfs for RedNoteBook a couple of pages above, and
nobody gave me feedback about it.

That's really unfair, you get feedback and not me. Snif. Boo-hoo-hoo. :(
Crying in my beer... Where's the Kleenex box... ;)

Seriously, though, we are fortunate in Linux to have a good choice of
PIMs / outliners. Do a search on ask.com or duckcuckgo, you'll see.

My jury is still out on the subject. BFN.
Last edited by musher0 on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

ttuuxxx

#70 Post by ttuuxxx »

used your patches on a clean source and they all installed just fine so here's a pet package compiled on stretch. :)
Attachments
notecase-Patched-02-1.9.8.tar.gz
Patch sources
(900.39 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
notecase-1.9.8-i386.pet
Compiled with stretch
(327.4 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

jamesbond

#71 Post by jamesbond »

musher0 wrote:

Euh... James? This Dpup-Stretch-7 is 32-bit...
ttuuxxx's reply should probably makes it clear already ... it's a **build recipe**, not the binary. Filename contains x86_64 because I just takes the copy off Fatdog64, I haven't bothered to change the filename. It contains instructions on how to build notecase, along with 2 patches that fixes recent/common problems. Now go and dust off your compilers 8)

@ttuuxxx - did you look into the recipe file? In addition to the two patches, you need to do one more sed, before you run "make". That should fix the 100% CPU (=aka hang).
Fatdog64 forum links: [url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117546]Latest version[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/ke8sn5H]Contributed packages[/url] | [url=https://cutt.ly/se8scrb]ISO builder[/url]

musher0

#72 Post by musher0 »

Yep. This one works! :D
Many thanks to both of you!
Attachments
contacts-en.ncd.zip
The ncd file for the shown contacts DB.
(30.23 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
contacts-aff.ncd.zip
Same, in French.
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
business-contacts-template-EN-notecase.jpg
(39.57 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
Last edited by musher0 on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#73 Post by musher0 »

Hello all.

You can do beautiful things with this Dpup Stretch-7.0 -- as it is!

But get this: we're not finished with it! :D

TWYL.
Attachments
MyDpupStretch7-2_798x449.jpg
My DpupStretch-7 desktop ATM. WM is wmx, black variant. Backdrop is
&quot;Godafoss&quot;, from Moat's ChloePup collection. The organizer/DB aemenu is
shown at left, middle.
(44.8 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Sailor Enceladus

#74 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

musher0 wrote:
nilsonmorales wrote:who invokes my name? :D
Members nilsonmorales and futwerk do great Puppy backgrounds -- if we
can get a hold of them.
Thanks, nilsonmorales.

BFN.
I was going to say "Ummm, that the Debian logo!" but I see that Stretch is a Toy Story 3 octopus now too :shock:

Sailor Enceladus

Re: Birth is given........

#75 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

belham2 wrote:Hello all.

Below are Google-Drive download links for a Debian Pup (Dpup) Stretch 700-a ISO and its DEVX.

ISO (~341MB):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Tk7 ... jBES1pZU0E
sha1sum=cdb76236a3c506f2f719978de7b53a90340dbc82
sha256=3f5e49e7d581b918a488b110d98e0625ab0f83ce47d8102c672ed74e777a93f3
sha512=ae4052d2a1b8fae506f9880e315039282b1485672ae14b4331a5b0112ccfe40e72415dbf62f7034decc0b27ecb745e1b3e5a8b8588b3f6f9bab3bc28d64965d8

DEVX (~147MB):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Tk7 ... mxtdXp6LUk
sha1sum=6d8088fd811d00ccffa3c2c735a5e531dcd08f9a
sha256sum=875a41a6a0746008c4a2bc6da23774334ffb67f9667dcb2763073cc5e70d7bdf
sha512sum=8021f1088d3b86d7aac4e5a56a92005984eae54681ef769b17ed0bb66007c4eace35c50d07a67597157af872786db4040f3e062ce2a835e017babd40ac8c76e5

At the moment, only 1 kernel (3.14.79) is available for dpup-stretch when you do a woof-CE dpup-stretch build. But, that said, see Billtoo's great workaround post in this thread if you want to try another kernel.

The ISO is a bit large, no, wait, let's be honest, it is a 'beached whale' at 341MB :shock: But in my defense this heft is because it includes the latest FirefoxESR (45.7.0). Also, do note that this FirefoxESR has a lot of changes to its "about:config" file (it's been "hardened", as they say, quite a bit) as I always remove security risks along with Mozilla's and Google's ability to track you through their (Mozilla's) "telemetry" and Google's mis-named "Google-Safebrowsing" & 'Google Datareporting" tracking (all these settings have been blanked). Also, other settings like browser.cache, browser.search, device, camera, experiment, formfill https, geo, media.peer & media.eme, prefetch, pocket, security, social, sessions, and tls have been changed to vastly increase browser security. You can easily re-set FirefoxESR back to its original state if you don't like these settings. Additionally, only two add-ons are included, the vlc-browser plug-in (since Oscar's VLC.pet was installed as the media player) and also "ublock origin", about the only add-on I trust.

This Dpup-Stretch, as mentioned above, was built from Woof-CE, something we in this thread are all trouble-shooting and testing, along with enjoying using. It is hoped this ISO will get others to download it, taking a look, testing, and generating more feedback (this is all code for, at this time in early releases, "please don't expect too much and/or support"). :wink:

For this Dpup-Stretch build, other inclusions aside from the standard dpup-woof-CE ones included are:

--redshift
--pupmd5sum.sh (note I modded this to also allow for sha256 & sha512 checks)
--asap3
--firewall_ng
--peasyfirewallmonitor
--glipper
--take a shot
--arandr (I was building and modding this dpup on a dual screen setup, you may have to reset the background image via Menu & 'Nathan Wallpaper Setter'.)
--ttuuxxx's geany icons fix, along with my numerous .desktop menu fixes
--ttuuxxx's Notecase fix
--vlc, via Oscar's wheezy vlc.pet
--oxygen-icon-theme (just testing PPM & installing)
--adwaita-icon-theme (again, only testing PPM)

At the moment, you'll also get a 2nd jwm tray.. The main jwm tray is at the top, the 2nd is the bottom tray. The 1st tray (top) is modded normally by JWM Configuration Manager via the Menu, but the 2nd tray, if you want to mod it, has to be modded directly in /root/.jwrmc (and .jwm) if you want to make changes (just do whatever you want to that file & save the changes in both places, then re-start window manager via the Menu exit).

I set this desktop look & feel up so that the windows (which are open) appear on the top traybar, along with the normal retrovol, firewall, freemapapplet, xload, the date and an exit icon at the very right. No conky, yet, but you can install it easily. At the bottom of the desktop is just a centered jwmtray (the 2nd tray), with the programs I thought would be used most frequently. Also note, I have incorporated both the desktop trash function and the desktop save file function into this 2nd tray. I don't like anything on the desktop (thus why I removed the maddening "Show Desktop" icon/shortcut from all trays). If and when you set up your savefile for the first time, upon shutdown & next boot, the savefile button will appear on the desktop like it normally does for all pups that use a savefile/folder. Since I now have this 'save' shortcut embedded in the 2nd bottom tray, if you want to permanently remove the desktop-boot-generated save icon from ever being generated again (you do not lose any save functionality) on the desktop, just go to '/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit' and put a "#" in front of the lines of everything below the "############MISC Desktop STUFF##############" section (only this section, there are 17 lines total you will put a "#" in front of) and stopping at the #############PERSONAL BOOT SCRIPT############## section. From then on, your pupsave will be embedded in the bottom 2nd tray (any re-mastering will negate these changes & bring back the desktop generated icon/shortcut).

The default woof-CE Dpup-Stretch build includes quite a bit, but if you want something like an email client and/or office document manager, you need to use the included script (for LibreOffice) or install something like Abiword/Sylpheed via the PPM. Or, you could help us out here & give compiling a go with OpenOffice (see Billtoo, I think he's already accomplished this on dpup-stretch). One note about PPM: there is still a bug in its GUI appearance where the PPM interface shows whatever you search/look for as "already being installed". Of course this is not the case. So just ignore that, and continue doing what you want when using PPM. Otherwise, it seems PPM works (one or two internal icons are missing from PPM, though you probably won't even notice it but I just wanted all to know that it does not affect PPM's overall appearance and/or function). Lastly, in Menu, you will find one or two stubborn menu items that just don't want to hold the fixes applied to them. Like, X-soldier in Games/Fun, needs its desktop and menu re-set, and 'gdmap' in 'Filesystem'.

A few noted things the woof-CE includes by default in Dpup-Stretch-700:
--PCManFM
--Rox
--Uextract
--Geany and Leafpad
--and most nearly every other thing you'd expect in a pup (like Tahr or Slacko)

Thank you to anyone reading this far, :) and if you try it, a bigger 'thank you' for downloading. Again, apologies for the ISO size, but I felt a few would like to have a good ole' fashioned browser included (instead of just Dillo) and possibly have a hardened browser at that. Please know this is my newbie-virgin-attempt at building/customizing a pup/ISO, so let me apologize ahead of time if you find something terribly out-of-whack. The only reason I was able to even attempt this was because of all the others (Billtoo, Musher, Oscar, Ttuuxxx, et al) in this thread. Also, I reiterate again, support of this ISO pup is not what it was mainly uploaded for. As mentioned previously, it is/was hoped this ISO, & possibly its DEVX, would be downloaded by some of the murga regulars to help further along the development of dpup-stretch. Thus, into the 'murga-wilds' I humbly release this......while at the same time I prepare to run far, far away before the murga-abuse begins to be catapulted 8)
Looks pretty classy. I like how Firefox came with Ublock Origin included, I am so sick of ads on the internet! :D

musher0

#76 Post by musher0 »

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
musher0 wrote:
nilsonmorales wrote:who invokes my name? :D Image
Thanks, nilsonmorales.

BFN.
I was going to say "Ummm, that the Debian logo!" but I see that Stretch is a Toy Story 3 octopus now too :shock:

Oh. An octopus is the maskot. Sorry.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

ttuuxxx

#77 Post by ttuuxxx »

musher0 wrote: Oh. An octopus is the maskot. Sorry.
LoL ok last time for this, lol I've taken notecase and gave it 24x24 icons, I had to edit the icons also with gimp and then the icon code in Geany to make it work, But hey it looks great now, Hope you like it.
ttuuxxx
Attachments
notecase-Patched-themed-02-1.9.8-i386.pet
Main file
(421.1 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
notecase-Patched-themed_DOC-02-1.9.8-i386.pet
documents
(162.77 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
notecase-Patched-themed_NLS-02-1.9.8-i386.pet
Language files
(201.22 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
notecase-Patched-themed-02-1.9.8-i386.tar.gz
Sources
(917.27 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
notecase.jpg
(60.9 KiB) Downloaded 580 times

nilsonmorales

#78 Post by nilsonmorales »

musher0
Can I be frank?
Sure, always you are frank, is ok i just thinking in a stretch from toystory

[b][url=http://nilsonmorales.blogspot.com/]My blog |[/url][/b][b][url=https://github.com/woofshahenzup]| Github[/url][/b]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/5tz5vrrX/imag018la6.gif[/img]
[img]http://s5.postimg.org/7h2fid8pz/botones_logos3.png[/img]

musher0

#79 Post by musher0 »

No worries, nilson. I'm the one who misunderstood! :oops:

I apologize.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

ttuuxxx

#80 Post by ttuuxxx »

Two Images i've been using is one a picture of Pluto from NASA and another of the word stretch that I stretched, lol
Attachments
default.jpg
(91.22 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
stretch.jpg
(62.97 KiB) Downloaded 192 times